Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
The ALMOST idiot-proof question (New Question on August 15) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Brothers or Little Sisters?
  Brothers
  Sisters
  Both
  Neither
  Gold!!!
View Results

Angry Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:37 pm
Britain.
Britain has better flavored potato chips than America, sadly. They also have better chocolate. The kleenex in Britain is also way thicker than American and it's the normal kind, too. Not a special kind of tissue.

The lack of cool things in America makes me sad.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:53 pm
Japan! The heart of the gaming industries beat there...the technological advancements made there, the amusing and interesting culture...not to mention the significantly obvious Japanese animation that originated from there...so many reasons!

Britain is quite an interesting place to visit, but I am not knowledgeable about the influence it has put on my society. Which leaves me to vote for Japan in my favor.

Neppy Akiyama

7,600 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100

du Mort

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:51 pm
Japan. Has a much, much more interesting culture than the British. So much more that one could do, one could discover, in Japan. The British... Too dry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:00 pm
japan its has all the best Japaneses animes (duh) theres that and japan is awesome

notice how i state the obvious  

i heart me34

Morwen Blackfyre

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:16 pm
japan has anime and manga
britain has the royal family 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:46 pm
I feel Britain is the correct choice here. The accents are clearly amazing and make almost everyone sound intelligent. I'm a fan of Japanese culture and gardens, but I would love to see the old English homes and gardens. Not to mention the pop culture, including shopping in London, Doctor Who with David Tennant, Arctic Monkeys, the Rolling Stones, and of course, the Beatles. Also, if I felt like dressing in Japanese fashion, the Victorian setting of England would be suitable for Lolita dress.  

disturbedsongstress

Frogs_Alive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:05 am
Britain, that's where most of my family was born and raised.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:17 pm
Japan. It's advanced in almost, if not, everything. The best anime, and the latest technology at the earliest times. And the culture is just amazing.  

Cevadeva

o-OausflippenO-o

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:08 am
YES! GO BRITAIN!!! First of all, they have amazing accents. Second, Orlando Bloom, Kiera Knightly, MONTY PYTHON, the Beatles, Queen, Shakespeare, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkein and almost every other amazingly awesome person ever is from Britain. Thirdly, beef stew, afternoon tea, bangers and mash, etc. etc. etc. YOU CANNOT BEAT THIS!!!! YEAH! ( and some people -like me- don't even like anime, so that is NOT a legitimate argument.) (I wish there was an emote for sticking tounges out at people.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:36 am
Not all aliens are green.

Japan. Manga, anime, martial arts, ninjas, samurai, sushi, lolita, culture, language, need I go on?
Dif-tor heh smusma

Enzeru Tomoshibi

Kazikano

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:48 pm
Hrm... I've been to Britan. It had its good points, but just not for me. Sure, I haven't been to Japan, but I suppose that adds to the mystery an makes my like it more.
So... Japan for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 am
i like japan cuz of the technology and it's way more advanced than Britain but Britain's have cute accents  

KioKy112

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:07 am
o-OausflippenO-o
YES! GO BRITAIN!!! First of all, they have amazing accents. Second, Orlando Bloom, Kiera Knightly, MONTY PYTHON, the Beatles, Queen, Shakespeare, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkein and almost every other amazingly awesome person ever is from Britain. Thirdly, beef stew, afternoon tea, bangers and mash, etc. etc. etc. YOU CANNOT BEAT THIS!!!! YEAH! ( and some people -like me- don't even like anime, so that is NOT a legitimate argument.) (I wish there was an emote for sticking tounges out at people.)

If you say some don't like anime and manga, I may say that some don't like Monty Python or J.R.R Tolkein!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't like EITHER!! Besides I HATE ALL MOVIE STARS!!!!!!!! Therefore, none of THOSE woudl be legitimate arguments!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:16 am
Hard pick, but I go with neither of them. Japan was anime, manga, technology and awesome bands. On the other hand, Britain has awesome shops to shop in, and they have really good bands as well. sweatdrop  

the cat with facial hair

Inkset Memorii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:37 pm
Hm...I like both, but I'd have to say Britain. There's a lot more of the history and folk-tales of the kind that I like there. Plus, they speak English over there, albeit a little differently than the US does, but at least I can understand it if I go and visit.

Japan's big on ideas (anime, manga; you've heard all this), but that's just about all I can come up with.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff