PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:58 pm
When I saw Giratina's "summoning form" graphics,
I think a hole in my heart was filled.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:47 pm
Nadian
shadow_wolf_dead_overlord
Nadian
A scan of one of the pages has apparently popped up:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Click for bigger image)

In it, we can see quite a few things:
-The new trainer outfits
-The new poketch (three buttons instead of one)
-The Torn World (purple place)
-New areas
-Shaymin's Sky Forme (sounds like it works like Deoxys did in the GBA games.)
-The Pokemon Platinum case
-An Origin Forme Giratina figurine

but like u said how can u change shaymin though cuz in my dimond u can change dexoys with the meteors in veilstone.......so how can u change it between the forms

Like I said, it's the same way you changed Deoxys in the GBA games. Let me go ahead and explain:

-When Shaymin is in Diamond / Pearl, he's in his Land Forme (IE the one you're familiar with)
-When Shaymin is in Platinum, he's in his Sky Forme (the new one)

Giratina probably works the same way.

That's how Deoxys worked in the GBA games. Basically:

-In Ruby and Sapphire, Deoxys was Normal Forme Deoxys
-In Pokemon LeafGreen, Deoxys was... maybe Attack Forme Deoxys (not sure)
-In Pokemon FireRed, Deoxys was the other, Defense Forme Deoxys (not sure)
-In Pokemon Emerald, Deoxys was Speed Forme Deoxys

They simply changed the way that works in the 4th gen with the meteors.

well in ur opinoin do u think that it can change like dexoys in the 4th gen.  

Fire Rock Angel

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:25 pm
Nadian
Nadian
A scan of one of the pages has apparently popped up:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Click for bigger image)

In it, we can see quite a few things:
-The new trainer outfits
-The new poketch (three buttons instead of one)
-The Torn World (purple place)
-New areas
-Shaymin's Sky Forme (sounds like it works like Deoxys did in the GBA games.)
-The Pokemon Platinum case
-An Origin Forme Giratina figurine

but like u said how can u change shaymin though cuz in my dimond u can change dexoys with the meteors in veilstone.......so how can u change it between the forms

Like I said, it's the same way you changed Deoxys in the GBA games. Let me go ahead and explain:

-When Shaymin is in Diamond / Pearl, he's in his Land Forme (IE the one you're familiar with)
-When Shaymin is in Platinum, he's in his Sky Forme (the new one)

Giratina probably works the same way.

That's how Deoxys worked in the GBA games. Basically:

-In Ruby and Sapphire, Deoxys was Normal Forme Deoxys
-In Pokemon LeafGreen, Deoxys was... maybe Attack Forme Deoxys (not sure)
-In Pokemon FireRed, Deoxys was the other, Defense Forme Deoxys (not sure)
-In Pokemon Emerald, Deoxys was Speed Forme Deoxys

They simply changed the way that works in the 4th gen with the meteors.

well in ur opinoin do u think that it can change like dexoys in the 4th gen.

I already answered your question. Go back and read my post.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:58 pm
The characters actually look cooler. sooooo.....
*gasp* I need!!!!  

-Kitten Lord-

2,375 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Nagoshi Kun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:47 am
dang... that games gunna b awsome. i thot lukas in dp looked gay but he actually looks decent in this game. oh yea, deoxys is atk. form in firered, def. form in leafgreen, and everything else u had right. plus, that darkrai event is over if u didnt already no. if u didnt get it, i advise u get an action replay...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 pm
Pokemon is awesome!!!  

MoonFlames13

Noble Tycoon

4,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Alecto

Apocalyptic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:01 pm
I'm excited about this, and definitely want to get the game when it comes out (since I fully plan on having a DS by then); I tend to like the third games from each generation better than the others for some reason anyway (can't say yet with this one since I haven't got a DS now and haven't played Diamond or Pearl yet though).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:13 pm
I guess I can mention some more details on Platinum.

First, a couple of videos:
Move 11 Trailer showing Shaymin's Sky Forme
Platinum 2-minute TV feature

The details of Regirock, Regice, and Registeel are apparently that you can obtain them only if you have the Regigigas obtained by pre-ordering Movie 11 Tickets. (Although here in the US this Regigigas may simply be given away at an event, just like the Deoxys Event this weekend.)

Watch the 2nd video above careful ; you can see that in Platinum they've added "back sprite animations." What I mean is...

In Diamond and Pearl, you may have noticed that when a pokemon is sent into battle against you, it has two animation sprites (which may also be stretched or moved to give the appearance of movement.) However your pokemon have a single picture and very simple movements. Well, now there's two ; the Regigigas being sent out to battle the other Regis very clearly raises his arm and lowers it!

(Not a big deal, that last point, but still interesting. 3nodding )  

Nadian
Crew

Fire Rock Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:32 am
I heard that it comes out in Japan this fall.................so it can come out here like in april..............like Diamond and Peral or even sooner like in March or Febuary  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:06 am
Apparently, this month's CoroCoro has come out and even more information about Platinum is out. According to Serebii:

Serebii.net

* Pokémon Platinum is set for a September 13th 2008 release in Japan
* You have to face Team Galactic once more, but it seems their plans and HQ have been stepped up a fair bit
* The Battle Frontier returns and takes place in the Fight Area in Sinnoh. There are different areas in the Battle Frontier, their battle quirks are not yet known. However, it does still contain the Battle Tower
* The WiFi area has been enhanced with various areas which support up to 20 people at any one time
* The Poffin making has taken a step up and has a new feature that involves a Swalot machine. You essentially throw berries into its mouth. This can be done over WiFi in the new WiFi area
* The Battle Recorder, an item seen on the Shaymin pictures last week, allows you to record battles that you hold and share them with your friends. This is done at the new & improved GTS in Jubilife City, which has a bigger global terminal
* There is also confirmation of the Shaymin form changes and a note about the Giratina ones. It appears that like in the movie, Giratina's Origin Forme can only be used in the Torn World, and its in its Another Forme elsewhere. It is unknown if there will be an item to use to keep it in its Origin Forme, but the main method will be revealed next month
* Shaymin Sky Forme's ability is Serene Grace. It appears to be more focused in Speed and Special Attack and knows the move Air Slash.
* Giratina's Origin Forme's ability is Levitate.
* The pictures also indicate and confirm new sprites for each Pokémon including Bidoof, Giratina's Another Forme & Shaymin's Land Forme
* Confirmation of the new characters shown last month, one is a member of Team Galactic, and the other is part of an international police force and is hunting Team Galactic

Sky Forme Shaymin having Serene Grace and Air Slash in its arsenal is pretty scary, especially when Seed Flare and a possible boost to Shaymin's Speed and Special Attack is apparently going on.  

Nadian
Crew

Zulphurix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:27 pm

I want, I want! Can't wait for the game, should be good!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:04 pm
Smoke and Wind Bunny
dang... that games gunna b awsome. i thot lukas in dp looked gay but he actually looks decent in this game. oh yea, deoxys is atk. form in firered, def. form in leafgreen, and everything else u had right. plus, that darkrai event is over if u didnt already no. if u didnt get it, i advise u get an action replay...
Now, what's that translated to English?

if the only changes to the game are slightly updated graphics, a new Shaymin and Giratina form, then I'm not the most impressed.
I might get it, but I wouldn't be the grand new adventure that I usually go for. (Blue, Silver, Emerald, and Diamond(current) have been owned by me at one point or another.)
I doubt that Darkrai will appear in Platinum without trading it from a D/P game that already has it, well, unless you cheat. I would get the game if Darkrai is catchable, I know that the regi's (all 4) are obtainable in Platinum. but it's the event only pokemon that have my interest still.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:18 pm
wellwisher
Smoke and Wind Bunny
Now, what's that translated to English?

if the only changes to the game are slightly updated graphics, a new Shaymin and Giratina form, then I'm not the most impressed.
I might get it, but I wouldn't be the grand new adventure that I usually go for. (Blue, Silver, Emerald, and Diamond(current) have been owned by me at one point or another.)
I doubt that Darkrai will appear in Platinum without trading it from a D/P game that already has it, well, unless you cheat. I would get the game if Darkrai is catchable, I know that the regi's (all 4) are obtainable in Platinum. but it's the event only pokemon that have my interest still.

This details most of the confirmed changes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:26 pm
I see.
Not really enough changes for me to go and get it new.
If as a gift, or used, but not new.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:37 pm
gonk i want platinum to be out already over here sad  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers