Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Am I the only one who thinks Twilight is worth reading here? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight worth reading?
  Totally.
  Yes.
  I guess...
  Not really.
  NO.
View Results

MrsFail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:50 pm
narutohinata2100
blaugh xd I LOVE THIS BOOK IT SO COOL!My not sure about the moive though and I know that you guys don't like jabco but I just don't care for him,and it so ture that he doesn't desever Bella but other werewovle bride. Though at the of the New Moon's end I didn't get it so can someone can explain this to me until I can find once more. confused sweatdrop 4laugh razz cool lol heart

What do you need explained?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:24 am
I love the series... I just finished Eclipse! New Moon is my least favorite... I won't spoil this for people who haven't read it yet. It's just the most annoying book in the series. Yet I still love Twilight!  

Molecular Atrophy

Suge_da

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:42 pm
OmgSheRawrz
Suge_da
wow. is it really that good? i mean i havent read any of the books but like half of the girls at my school (and several guys) have read it and are in love with it....i mean they even started there own little twilight discussion group thingy.. im more into fantasy and sci-fi books myself but i dunno.. i might actually read them...

You should. I haven't met a person who doesn't like it.
A lot of people I ahve met just doesn't like it cause its either too long, or they don't like the first chapter talk2hand

coolio, well i love long books and i read an excerpt of the first chapter and it got me hooked so i think im good to go!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:45 am
OMG~I'm a Twilight fangirl. XD

Wait...what came second? New Moon or Eclipse?*shot* I forgot since I only borrowed the three books from my friend.

I really like Twilight...vampires rock yo!*shot*

fornicatedsin

Tricky Little Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:22 pm
Princess of Iceland
omg i loved it!!!! yea!!!

A lot of ppl like it in my area!

ewwww i hate the person playing edwawrd in the movie...he is ugly and scary....and alice's hair is so short....

I know, he's so creepy...but Alice's hair is okay, except for the fact that it's supposed to be black...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:25 pm
Matsutoyo
xxxsong_writterxxx
i love the twilight series!!!! xd i am now an anti jacob black person (go to hell jacob!!!! scream evil ). i cant wait till the next book comes out in august!!! ^_^ and im definatly going to see the movie in december ^_^

I can't believe I forgot about the movie! D: It will definately kick Harry Potter's butt!

Harry Potter movie butt?

i agree, if that...I hated the movies...  

Tricky Little Vampire

Tricky Little Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:26 pm
Rip-Hellsing
I adored the entire Twilight series, but am dreading the movie. I'll go and see it but I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as I did the book (it seems to be butchered sort of already and all I saw a thirty second or so clip online so i could change my mind, but I honestly doubt it), which I read in the middle of Spanish class because I couldn't put it down.

Hey, me too, but in math and science...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:30 pm
DehModernDrSeuss
Marshmallow Stars
The Twilight series is one of the most amazing set of books I've ever read, although I must admit... I almost despise the second book, New Moon. I have a deep, undying hatred towards Jacob. The lack of Edward was.. depressing.
As for the movie, I agree with all who think they should have had a diff'rent actor portraying our beloved Edward. Unless his acting in the movie takes my breath away, I can assure you, my mind is quite set.
And Flute-Oboe Person... I'd love to take a little guess, but... I haven't quite read Eclipse yet. I'm the kind of person who must own the book to read it or be very good friends with the person I am borrowing from.

Unless you liked his performance in Harry Potter, I hope you don't expect amazing. Though maybe with a bigger role he might take breathes away.

He looks all wrong, is too creepy, doesn't act the partcorrectly.  

Tricky Little Vampire

Tricky Little Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:37 pm
Wasn't it horrible when Bella found out that she loved Jacob deep down in Eclipse? Now she has another conflict to deal with on her already lofty tower of things to worry about...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:21 am
crazy4books
Wasn't it horrible when Bella found out that she loved Jacob deep down in Eclipse? Now she has another conflict to deal with on her already lofty tower of things to worry about...

That really does suck for Bella, but hopefully that worry will be resolved in the last book. I like Jacob. It's just the way events played out that makes him seem like...he's on the wrong side of our love-hate spectrum. So hopefully he and Bella get back on good terms....after Edward and Bella get married (even if I do like Jacob...I like Edward a hundred times more). Besides, maybe Bella won't turn out to be a totally crazed-for-blood new vampire. She did always get sick at the sight and smell of blood, so that leaves me to wonder. But then again....maybe I'm just extremely hopeful.  

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:27 am
Wow...I think I was starting to ramble. lol

So anyone excited for Midnight Sun? I read what Meyer put up and it's really interesting to get the story from Edward's point of view.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:56 am
Silvie Verisimilitude
Wow...I think I was starting to ramble. lol

So anyone excited for Midnight Sun? I read what Meyer put up and it's really interesting to get the story from Edward's point of view.

Yes, the first chapter was amazing! And, yeah, I do like Jacob, and it would be great if he imprints; both Jacob and Bella would be happier...  

Tricky Little Vampire

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:44 am
That chapter was so awesome. Now I'm eager for both Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun. Good thing I don't have to wait long for one. xd

And it would nice if Jacob imprints. lol Part of the time I kept thinking that he imprinted on Bella, but then I was telling myself no way. That would not have been cool when Bella and Edward are so close.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:33 pm
Everyone I know was telling me to read this and when I finally got it from the library I never got around to reading. I ended up checking it out again, months later, and I absorbed it. I'm now halfway through the second book and I love it. I just can't put it down.  

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:24 am
My library actually has a huge hold list for the Twilight series. It was actually better for me to buy the books...especially since I knew I would be rereading the series. 3nodding  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games