Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abortion?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Kotori82

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:37 pm
I am for abortion if the woman was rape. She had no choice to have the baby and should have an abortion. The baby will also remind her of being rape and the baby would not have a good life.

The other reason is if it's the health of the mother and baby. If the doctor realize early that the mother might die if she has the baby than she should get an abortion. She shouldn't risk her life for giving birth.

Than those two reasons I am againest abortion. If you have sex than the woman knows the risk and should have the baby. If you dont' want to get pregnant than don't have sex. If you don't want the baby you could always put it for adaption.

Abortion is killing a baby so the woman is murdering someone who is not even born yet. The woman is being shelf-fish. If you not ready for a baby than don't have sex and than you don't need an abortion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:23 pm
spike bomber
Musik des Mondes
In addition to my earlier point (Abortion should only be used if the mother and child are in danger if the birth takes place at the due date. Or if the child has potential to have a serious, painful defect or disease if the birth takes place.)
I would like to point out that if some teenage girl wants to abort an innocent baby because she couldn't keep it in her pants, maybe someone should at least know. Because if you are a teenager having sex, then that's a huge problem there.

Rape is entirely different, but even so, are these women aware of how many families dearly want a child?

Ok so your saying since there's a bunch of families who want to adopt, a woman who got impregnated by rape should go through even more pain and suffering so one of those families can have a kid.

No, if rape is the case, go ahead and abort if it makes life better for you. Rape is a horrible thing and made even more horrible when a child had to be part of it. But even if a child was conceived due to rape, it is not any less of a human.

And to what I was referring by 'these women' I mean the ones who abort babies because they mess around and 'never meant to have a kid'. If they can't keep it in their pants, they should face the music. I have ZERO respect for people who decide that sex is just something you can throw around (although it makes good romantic comedies in some cases) decide not to face the consequences, then destroy the life of a child by passing it off as a 'parasite; something that wasn't meant to be'.  

Musik des Mondes

Hygienic Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

Zephier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:24 pm
User Image

I don't think abortion is right, but I believe it should be allowed, but regulated. I think that victims of rape should be able to abort, I also think that children born into pain and no future should be allowed to be aborted. But I do not think that children of stupid, inconsiderate teenagers should be allowed to abort, or anyone else that irresponsible for that matter, and if the parent is irresponsible, then the child should be put up for adoption. Adoption is better than an unfair decision of destiny forced upon a developing life form or "life form to be," just because the person did not think. I think that whether the baby is considered alive or not is not really the question, I think it's that it has the chance to become a life form, with some sort of future - that is unless someone decides to step in and end that future.

And then again, it is also best for a child to be aborted, rather than a child living in pain and hell from angry, messed up families. And also, the birth rates on this planet are just so nuts that maybe abortion should not be regulated for a good few years.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:56 pm
I am pro-choice. In today's society, there is a greater opportunity for women to obtain forms of birth control, so ideally, the need for abortion should decrease. However, women may encounter situations beyond their control, and a woman should have the freedom of choice. Whether the reason be financial or emotional, it is up to the woman to make the decision.  

disturbedsongstress

Homosexual Zombie

Tipsy Smoker

7,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:41 am
I support abortions. They are a handy thing to help people who simply accidentally got pregnant from maybe a broken condom or something and aren't ready for parenthood, and its good for rape victims. I do not support women who use abortion as a method of birth control, but its better than having a child born to unfit parents and becoming yet another case for child services, or going to an adoption agency where they already have too many kids.

Whats even worse is these unfit mothers who give birth to the child instead of getting an abortion, than just throwing the kid in the trash to die. Abortion is sometimes the better way to go.

But, if you've already had kids and don't want any more, I would look into some sort of permanent birth control.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 pm
With teenagers as horny as they are today, maybe there should be mandatory snip snips. 3nodding  

Musik des Mondes

Hygienic Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

Homosexual Zombie

Tipsy Smoker

7,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:44 pm
Musik des Mondes
With teenagers as horny as they are today, maybe there should be mandatory snip snips. 3nodding

That wouldn't work, since well...when they grow up, they wont be able to have kids 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:13 pm
Maybe we try using the shock box if they try to have sex. twisted  

Musik des Mondes

Hygienic Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

Homosexual Zombie

Tipsy Smoker

7,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:23 pm
I support old school chastity belts XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:41 pm
whee You are genius.  

Musik des Mondes

Hygienic Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Great DustBunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:19 am
Morwen_2
eyes-the-jonin
also, this is going to sound really cruel but I believe that until the baby is in the 2nd trimester, it's not alive. Basically it's a parasite, I know that sounds very cruel, but w/o the mother b4 that it's completely dependent on her, for food, even for blood. I know someone's probably gonna' be really angry about it, but that's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it, it's just that the whole issue is very grey...

The question of "when does a fetus become a human being?" is a very delicate one, and it's one of the main points of discord.
I don't agree with you, because I personally think that life begins in the process of fecundation. Without that step, the rest wouldn't be possible. It's just another stage of the human being's development. Would you consider a child less human than an adult, just because it isn't fully developed? Or is someone vegetating in a hospital bed, with organ failure, less worthy of living than someone who is healthy? I don't think so. You don't have to be a "full human" to have a right to live.
And please don't call a fetus "parasite". Just because it's dependent on the mother, doesn't make it a parasite, and that dependency doesn't go away after the first trimester. And after birth, a child is still dependent on at least 1 progenitor, and that will last until, say, 30 years old in some cases.
And besides, a 1st trimester fetus is not so helpless. It has already won 1 prize: 1st place in the race to fertilize the egg!!! rofl

Ok, lets say that life begins at fertilization. That means that billions of humans die after only a few hours, days, or weeks, naturally, because the fertilized egg doesn't attack, or becomes unattached for whatever reason, (like sometimes when a woman gets her period a few days late, it's because she was pregnate, but it didn't stick.[no pun intended])

Is anyone going to cry over all of those lives ended? No, because they weren't a real life yet, they were a mass of cells that could have been a life, but weren't. A brain, the part that contains our thoughts and feelings, that is what makes us people, and truly alive.

Parasite: 1. Biology An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.
2. A person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others. [dictionary.com scroll down to read the first definition, the second should be up near the top.]

So yes, a child is a parasite, as is a fetus.

As for people in a vegetative state, (as in their brains are non-functioning) that is for another debate/discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:23 am
I'm pro-choice, but couldn't get an abortion myself.

Women have a right to choose - not only that, but if abortions are illegal then they will still happen. And backstreet abortions can cause scarring, infertility and death.  

Auntie Erin

7,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Barakiel9909

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:56 am
Personally, I'm against abortion, but I'm pro-choice. I think the main issue here is that it's not a human child that you're 'killing'. It's a lump of unspecialized cells. Biologically speaking, that's not even an animal. It's below sponges on the phylogenetic chart. That means that getting an abortion isn't killing a baby, it's like accidentally stepping on a colony of ameoba, something you do every day without even knowing it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:04 pm
I am for the right to abort.

From a cold, and scientific point of view, the world is overpopulated. In some areas, it is underpopulated, such as in Japan. But overall, the levels of population seem to be too much. Science has pretty much evolved to the point that it's too useful. People who would normally have died of a heart attack or stroke are surviving. The elderly live longer than ever before, and that's all well and good, but at the same time, babies are being born. I just think this isn't going to end very well...

And then there are the teenagers that made mistakes. Some of them don't learn. I've known a girl who at the age of seventeen, has had three abortions and still doesn't care about whether or not she'll get pregnant. She can just have another abortion. But then there are others who really did make a mistake and having a child can destroy your life. I don't mean to make it sound so negative, but children are expensive, and if you're barely able to care for yourself, well, the child's future isn't exactly looking too bright either, is it?

My elder sisters both have children. One of them is seventeen now. Her baby is almost three. She regrets getting pregnant, sure, but she loves him no matter what. My other sister is almost twenty, and she rarely has a steady job, her child may be autistic, and she has a tendency to rely on her boyfriends for a home and food.

I think that everyone should have the ability to choose their future. And a child is a future altering decision.

Oh, and sorry for the rambling. :/  

Little Miss Codine

ladyshari

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:41 am
For my personal self I have to say abortion is wrong...But I have to allow others the right to make their own choices; whats right for them.. But for me,a life growing inside you is important.. But in case of rape, misccarriage its not something you did it happened to you.. Maybe its better to give up that baby when its born for adoption someone who cant have child can adopt that child.. But again , it has to be a personal choice.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff