Submit

View Results

babipari

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:33 am
User Image I WANT REAL LOVE LIKE MAX N LIZ FROM ROSWELL !! I KNOW IT'S CORNY BUT IT SEEMS SO AWESOME !!! ALL THOSE SPARKS FLYING BETWEEN THE TWO OF U !! WOW !! BUT IF I HAD TO CHOOSE I'D WANT MICHAEL HAHAHA !!

BUT YES I DO BELIEVE IN TRU LOVE EVEN THO I THOUGHT I HAD IT ONCE !! AND I WAS WRONG LOL. User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:37 pm
I think it's a really bleak thing to question to be honest with you, and that thought of there's just one person out there for everyone? Thats a no go for me.

Love comes in so many forms, shapes and sizes. I think "true love" depends on where you are at the stage in you're life, although too many people settle for something like it.

I heard someplace that love is basically three things.
1) Friendship
2) Trust
3) Passion

I think if you get 2 outta 3, you're doing well now days. If you get all three, you're the luckiest person to have lived.

heart Belive In Love, Or It Won't Believe In You heart

roni_ruin

Sforzando Poco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:11 pm
If anyone has said something like this already, I apologize. I've not read all the other posts yet...

From what I've read, most of you seem to percieve "True Love" as concerning only one person. But I believe that love has to be reciprocal in order for it to be true love - Two people have to be madly head over heels for each other, ready to die for each other, etc., etc.
But wait there's more! I feel like since people are constantly changing, that means that they will NOT always be the ideal mate for someone else. Does that make sense? I mean, one day, let's say that the guy/girl you think is your "true love" is cracking all sorts of jokes and being hilarious. You fall for them, date for a while, run off and get married. 15 years later, your "true love" is no longer Mr./Mrs. Hilarity - they're dead serious about everythiong, all the time. You, however, still want them to be a very funny person. So is it still true love? Is it possible for it to be true love to be one sided after it had previously been reciprocal?

Hope this all makes sense - it's better when I say it out loud...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:51 pm
love does not exist. its purely selfish. they only love them because of how they make them feel.
love is a concept that is completely man-made. it's been forced down our throats since we were little, by watching movies, tv, and through our parents and other stuff. if none of that was there, and the concept hadnt been created, would any of us feel this way?

and people get bored so incredibly fast. theres no way true love and marriage could ever work out. ive never seen it.

although we do want affection, because we want to feel like we're wanted. which is the basis of any relationship we have. we want affection. we want to feel this non-existant "love". and if the concept of love didnt exist, we would all look like sluts. we wouldnt be faithful, because thats only a concept that goes with love.

and lust does exist, and dominates most human thought. its pathetic. it really is pathetic that all anyone wants to do is reproduce with their TRUE LOVE, because somehow its romantic. sticking a p***s into some random bodily crevice is romantic. oh yeah.

horray for having random philosophical epiphanies in apartment buildings that remind us of silent hill =]  

Rainbow cat FACE

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:17 am
well there was once a time when i did not believe in love. i thought it to be merly lust. but then you see.... I FELL IN!!! and boy what an amazing feeling.

There is no way that I can best describe it, for it is a nearly unimaginable feeling to anyone who has not experienced it first hand. And an unbelievable feeling to anyone who truly has.

I can swear to you here and now, as a former nonbeliever, it exists! and I believe there really is someone out there who is perfect for each and every one of us. I found my perfect match, or s close to perfect as anyone is every gonna get, and you can too!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:58 am
Oh I believe in love of many kinds, but true love isn't really one of them, and neither is love at first-sight. Nor do I really believe in the love that seems common nowadays. It seems to be more lust and puppy love than anything else.

I pretty much agree with Rainbow cat FACE.

Here's a quote actually:

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
- Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), Charlie Brown in "Peanuts

And I know of a better one that goes something like: love is just nature's way of the continuation of the human race.

demon child me

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

RiziN-ergeez

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:19 pm
hmmm... I agree with demon child me  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:13 am
i think there really isn't anything like false love, inless you're young and Lustful. any kind of lovfe is true, but there are different levels, i think. what people call true love is just the uppermost level.  

Remagen

LunaMaeMoon

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:31 am
Yes... I do believe there is true love. I even feel I have met my soul mate, but we are not together. I wish you all luck. Love is not easy to find and harder to keep as time goes by.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:56 pm
Ink_Weaver_Heart
Is there ever really a true love? That one special person out there for us?

Are there soul mates?
Are two people really destined to meet and fall in love?

It can't be true for everyone, since so many die without knowing that kind of love. So does it really even exist at all?

True love does exist for everyone. Sadly, many do not get the chance to meet their love. Or perhaps they have but have missed them. The truth is there is a Love for everyone that is completely and utterly true. for everybody.  

Kumi Katsuna

idiotic_mT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:17 pm
I believe true love exists. It exists in the form of a parent's love for his/her child. It exists in the closest friendships. It exists with people and animals. It doesn't have to be between two lovers.

Soul mates? Well, I don't think there are such things. Two people may be completely compatible with each other but that doesn't mean they were destined to meet. I don't believe in destiny. I believe in choices and consequences.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:56 pm
to idiotic_mT: true, true, I agree.

I have a question for anyone and everyone:
For those of you who claim to have fallen in love or to have found your true love, how do you know that what you're experiencing is love? I mean, most who have describe the feeling as undescribable. So then if that's the case, how do we know that everyone who's claimed to have found true love has actually found true love if we can't pinpoint one certain common reaction for doing so?

Sforzando Poco

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:31 pm
this may not help any, since it does involve a religious level, but what i've been told is that even if you don't have that true love here, and you die without it, it's attainable in the spirit world or the next life, however you choose to go about it. and you may not ever meet them in this life. it's like a cute quote 'looking for the right one; having fun with all the wrong ones.' wink

the one above me kind of established something. the other day, i was drilled about why i was married, and i couldn't really describe it after all my answers were shot down. i don't know if that's true love, but it does feel like it. and you can't describe it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:37 pm
idiotic_mT
I believe true love exists. It exists in the form of a parent's love for his/her child. It exists in the closest friendships. It exists with people and animals. It doesn't have to be between two lovers.

Soul mates? Well, I don't think there are such things. Two people may be completely compatible with each other but that doesn't mean they were destined to meet. I don't believe in destiny. I believe in choices and consequences.

im posting what i commented you =P

"love from parent to child exists, because a child is a reflection of the parents. it goes back to how love is completely selfish, because they only like their child because they're like them, and they *are* them, essentially.

im not sure if that entirely makes sense or if im just saying something like a=a because a=a."

*sudden realization*
and the love between two friends is selfish too, because you're friends with them because they understand you or you enjoy their company.

meh. i think pretty much everything is based on selfish desire, when you look at it closely =B  

Rainbow cat FACE

people129yo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:42 am
k you have a funny way of posting votes  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items