Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Barrack Obama Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:39 pm
Tasty Crayons
In my opinion, Obama or Clinton needed to win. Something needed to change. No more white, male presidents. We live in a new world and need a president who will represent that properly.

Quite frankly, I hate Hilary Clinton, though, and I intend to register to vote for Obama once I turn 18 only days before the elections. =)

Pardon me if I am missing on some information or am incorrect. I recently moved out of the country (two months ago) and haven't been updated very much on the elections since then.

I just think Obama has the s**t to handle the s**t that makes presidency s**t. Unlike the other candidates, he actually has a plan for the global warming issue, and seems to be ready to make changes for America - but not drastically so.

Such as (and it disappoints me) same-sex marriage. Last I checked, Obama intends to let each state decide for themselves instead of making it a national thing. Unfortunately, he's probably got the best option for same-sex marriage right there - state by state.... There's not much else that can be done about that topic, I hate to say....

Anyway, I'm just going to vote for Obama when the time comes. McCain was apparently an a** hole in college and he's so old. Not only that, but he was a prisoner of war for about 5 years... I believe in... Vietnam? I can only imagine what sort of mental issues he may have buried deep within his bald skull.

Obama's young and ambitious. I think he can make it as president, as long as no one assassinates him, which might happen. I can only hope that it doesn't. And I bet it's going to be some idiotic person who has their head stuck so far up their a** that they can't come out for a second and see the truth behind their crime - they would ******** all of America over.

God, what a rant. Apologies. Do correct me if I have anything wrong. As I said, I haven't been in America in over two months, and have been unable to keep up with the elections.

Believe it or not, we never actually declared war in Vietnam.
that, and our basis for going in there was totally fake.
thus, McCain is not technically a prisoner of war.
His 'military experience' was not a real war.
and we call it the Vietnam War why?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:31 pm
dude..... you spelled his name wrong in the title :/  

Goddess-Azuna

Sullen Couch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 pm
does that really matter?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:30 am

I definitely won't be voting for Barack Obama. His view on abortion makes me sick. And yes, maybe its dumb to base my entire vote on one issue. But is an issue I feel very strongly about. I cannot trust a man who voted against banning partial birth abortion. I mean, thats bad enough. Do you even know what that is? Go look it up. I can't trust the judgment of a man who would allow that to happen.

I'm sorry, I agree Bush got pretty bad. But I'm not going to vote for a man who I oppose so strongly. Abortion is a big issue to me, so I base my votes on what the candidates feel about it.

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:14 pm
Axen Axiel
Well I agree with many of you on some things on here and this is mostly off topic but I do hope that you guys think about this for a few minutes and then post a reply to this chat.

Yes a lot of people are angry with Bush but in a way if many people have taken a philosophy class, sociology class, Government or anything like that then you know that people in large groups will follow the "Herd law" this has been proven true in many asspects. Now Everyone was so hyped up on Bush when he was elected yet when his second term began then the Twin Towers fell. Now many roared a call to action and that is what Bush has done, because he knew that being the leader of the country he had to take action to the crime done to the country. Now no one can tell what will happen once this call has been answered but YES many people were correct; when someone has no real battle experience or at least any strategy experience then everything will go to heck in a hand basket. That was what Bush's problem was. We have not had any real war or battles in the last good couple of years. BUT he also made the mistakes of electing other people who had no experience and had no idea what they were doing about war strategies or ever after war. So they also helped screw up everything even more. And if anyone has taken a class or has even lived they know that when they, themselves, or someone with status or money makes a mistake they immediatly attack them. Because they are in the possistion people in middle class believes that they have the answers and they know how to manipulate things so they should run the country. Yet when something goes wrong everyone MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO BLAME, they will not take the blames onto them selves and they will not admit to them being wrong. Thus Chaos and destruction issues.

So I guess that what I am saying is that people elect what they feel like is what they truely want by what is preched at them during election time yet none truely study or ever research fully who is trying to get into office. The electorals are using other people's money not their own and when they do use their own money they are critisized for it. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Also people do not research if the electorals actually participate in the matters of the country. So when they do elect someone they do not take the blame for when the person they elect screws up they attack the elector when they have no researched and finally deemed the one who will actually keep his promise and make the country better.

For Obama I do not care if he's black, white, latino, a woman or what not but he knows nothing more about running a country then what Bush does right now. You can tell how he always goes back on his word, he stumbles on his speaches because he is reading them from a special board, HE HAS VOTED PRESENT TO EVERY CONGRESS SETTING HE HAS BEEN TO, and he takes long pauses between his speaches as if he is looking for something to please the croud. This tells me that he is not a very good leader at all but more like a puppet like Bush has fallen after the Twin Towers have fallen.

Now for the other guy, I do not like him any better then I like Obama. Yes he has done much for the country, yes he has actually participated in our countries affairs BUT his views are screwed up and he has so much money he MAY be less likely to be bought out. Though he has preched more things I do not like then what Obama has.

So for this next election it is going to be very hard for me because to me each party is way too screwed up or too controlable to even be thought to run our half burried country. Like it has said in the constitution though is not carried out anymore out of fear, Every couple of presidents the government must be driven out by the people or they will become too corrupt and the morals will change from what this country is founded upon as is the PEOPLE'S DUTY TO THEIR FREEDOM otherwise we will be living lives once again that our four fathers have shed blood in giving us the freedom of living free.

Your argument is too generalized. I personally HAVE done a lot of research on the candidates (and not just the Democrats and Republicans, either) to figure out where I stand.

What you say may be true of a lot of people, and I would believe that, but to say that all people have a certain mentality or that "no one" researches for themselves is ignorant.

By the way, McCain himself doesn't have THAT much money. By and large, most of the McCain wealth comes from his wife, an heiress. An enormous amount of his campaign funding has come from lobbyists. Most notably, at least 30 oil lobbyists have funded him.

If you think Democrats and Republicans are both messed up, you can vote third party.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:39 am
I believe that he has better economic views than mcain.  

MenDia

HydeOTHfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:05 pm
i don't like him or macain i heard part of their debate the other night, they were arguing like 5 year olds  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:33 pm
This is what I think... I belive that Barak Obama is going to be a better
president than John McCain could ever be. Barak is well prepared for the
economic slump and he is less experienced than McCain. Since he is less
experienced he is not efected by the "big buizness" and is more "true". Also, McCain is 76. If, he is elected he will be 80 at the end of his term. If
he dies in office we at Sarah Palin, who (might i add) has no clue what she
is doing and would ruin our countries hope for bringing us out of the ecomomy's "toilet" position. That is my opinion.  

Moon Berries

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:55 pm
I'm SO sick of people saying Obama is an elitist. Just because he uses big words and proper grammar doesn't make him an elitist. That makes him SMART! Don't you WANT a smart president?

How is Obama elitist?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:57 pm
hair of the dog
I'm SO sick of people saying Obama is an elitist. Just because he uses big words and proper grammar doesn't make him an elitist. That makes him SMART! Don't you WANT a smart president?

How is Obama elitist?

he aint. they just gotta throw everything they can at him, because they know they dont stand a chance otherwise.

they wanna claim he aint experienced, that hes somehow a terrorist, that hes a muslim, etc

me, im sick of hearing this garbage. hes proven all these things wrong, ten fold. yet they still wanna critisize him with these things.

heck, fox news (basically conservative central) actually ran a special the other day on trying to link him to all these "dangerous" ppl.  

azrael the reaper_95210

KF-iDizzeh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:03 pm
one thing is the position are ecomony is right now the only person that can save us besides obama and mccain is god or chuck norris  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:03 pm
azrael the reaper
hair of the dog

How is Obama elitist?

he aint. they just gotta throw everything they can at him, because they know they dont stand a chance otherwise.

they wanna claim he aint experienced, that hes somehow a terrorist, that hes a muslim, etc

me, im sick of hearing this garbage. hes proven all these things wrong, ten fold. yet they still wanna critisize him with these things.

heck, fox news (basically conservative central) actually ran a special the other day on trying to link him to all these "dangerous" ppl.

Probably the worst thing about it is that if either of them is elitist, it would be MCCAIN! He has 12+ houses and is a billionaire!  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:05 pm
Ame no Tenshi

I definitely won't be voting for Barack Obama. His view on abortion makes me sick. And yes, maybe its dumb to base my entire vote on one issue. But is an issue I feel very strongly about. I cannot trust a man who voted against banning partial birth abortion. I mean, thats bad enough. Do you even know what that is? Go look it up. I can't trust the judgment of a man who would allow that to happen.

I'm sorry, I agree Bush got pretty bad. But I'm not going to vote for a man who I oppose so strongly. Abortion is a big issue to me, so I base my votes on what the candidates feel about it.

The president isn't the person who could really do anything either way on that issue, so I think you'd be wasting your vote by judging with that issue. neutral The people that really have an effect on that issue are your Congressmen and Senators.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:20 pm
I have to say Barack is no better than McCain: they're both good canidates. Yes they have their flaws, but if we wanted a perfect president, we might as well call down God from the heavens.
But, if I had to vote, I'd vote for an unknown: maybe they'll do better than the chuckle-heads in the spot-light.

Barack Obama
Can we fix us
Barack Obama
YES WE CAN!

BlueMoon4

ic_instantnoodle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 pm
I have to say, That I would vote for barack Obama.
McCain just gives me the creeps.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces