Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Can you really define normal? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

45_Nads_4Eva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:27 am
There is no such thing as normal. Everybody is diffrent, so nobody can be 'normal'.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:42 pm
I hate living without you, dead wrong to ever doubt you.

We talked about this in my Advanced Communications class. There is no normal because there is going to be at least one thing for people to stereotype you by and there nullify normal, because everyone exist under some sort of stereotype.

Just be yourself and enjoy who you are, people who like you will soon flock to you. It's completely natural, I have a ton of friends from being just being my pure genuine self.

But my demons lay in waiting to tempt me away.

shadowmartyn

Yin Yang Dogg

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:03 am
"nomality" is totally relative. it depends on the environment of the person who called you normal.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:20 am
"normal" is a changeing word, its based on what ever the current standerd of what is exepted by the people around you but i say that the most normal person in this world would be the one that openly admits the inherant insanity that flows through the vains of every human on the face of the earth.  

kokubyaku neko

Nilly Tsegrah

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:57 am
I define 'normal' as a day to day occurrence that happens regularly, like me being on the computer or reading a book or other things I usually do. On a "normal" day, I goof off with my nerdy friends, do my schoolwork, talk to the secretary I work with at school in my office work period, and then go to my next classes. We regularly blow things up in my chem class, so yes, I consider that normal.

It's all relative to how you experience things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:36 pm
No you can't define Normal. Everybody on this planet is different from everyone else. The only way you could possibly convince me that normal is even possible would be to have at least 51 percent of the planet's population exactly the same down to the smallest most minute detail of personality, opinion, and biology.  

Kitsune Voss

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Kagayaku Shirou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:29 pm
Kitsune Voss
No you can't define Normal. Everybody on this planet is different from everyone else. The only way you could possibly convince me that normal is even possible would be to have at least 51 percent of the planet's population exactly the same down to the smallest most minute detail of personality, opinion, and biology.
I would agreed if the concept of normality were absolute, but its not, by definition normal cant be all, we can make small aspects of life normal as they seem to be the most expressed but a model of normal life would have to express every aspects of his life which wouldnt be normal therefore the existance of a completely norma person is by definition a paradox  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:47 pm
There is no such thing as Fit or normal.
In order for this to be, we would all have to be the same.
Then someone would have to be "Different" from all of us.  

Kumi Katsuna

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:38 pm
I dont think that technacilly there is a definition for being normal.I think that people see being a certain way their way of being normal. Some people might think that driving is normal and others may not.It all depends on the person.People say im weird and way off normal but i take that as a compliment! Being weird is fun!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:42 am
In the most blunt sense, the normal, is the majority.
Which is why those that are different, those that leave this category of "Normal",are avoided, for the "Normal" refuse to change their ways, and accept anything else.
The normal are the discriminatory.

But genetically speaking, there is no normal.  

White Tiger Akutare

last angel served

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:42 am
normal is one of those terms the should be a stereo type but because there is no official declaration or definition normal is only what the person who claims normality has in there head as a example of normal. normal does not exist but it does at the same time in every ones mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 am
Normal is a superficial term. Humans can never be slapped with the term "Normal," as it would most likely be a lie. As Last Angel said, it should be a stereotypical term, due to the fact that no form of person can be defined as "Normal."

In my opinion, sometimes the term "Normal" could cause massive problems. Case: Adolf had a standard to which people may live, the "Aryan Race," or what he would consider being "Normal." Because the Jewish people didn't fit his definition of "Normal," they were persecuted for it. And, examples such as this still continue to this day, with the whole Palestinian/Isreali (sp) ordeal.

And other times, "Normal" can cause the psychological breakdown of others. What they may see as "Normal", is defined by the way media these days portray Normality. Maybe it's a slim, sexy figure, or the two story house in the suburbs with a happy family of four. Because of these portrayals, individuals may strive for this Normality, despite their current situation, just to fit in. A 400 pound person going down to what would be "Normal" weight for their skeletal structure, will undoubtedly leave behind excess skin, in which they will have to resort to other means of fixing that issue. The two story house with the family is all fine and dandy until something goes sour, the couple splits or some other unfortunate event may occur to cause this Normality to fall apart.

Whether or not you all find my little argument valid, all in all Normality is only a simple, superficial term, that's completely over-rated and should be ignored. Genetically, no one's "Normal." No male nor female conform to the exact same specifications as another male or female.

That is my view, and I'm happy to share it. Flame if you will, as I'm only expressing what I feel.  

Chris Axl Wolf

Shapeshifter

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas