Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deamondancer

3,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:36 pm
I think when you look at it... if you started writing a callander at one and made it to 2012 you'd have said ******** it if we make it that far someone will pick up were i left off. The worlds not going to end, the calandermaker just got a life  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:09 am
The world cannot end at a certain time due to the fact that...Get ready.

Time is/was created by man!  

Kumi Katsuna

Rainbow cat FACE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 am
nostrodomus also (supposedly) said that there have been only two major dictators (or anti-christs). which is fail. there have been many more dictators than just hitler and napoleon. nostrodomus's writings are written in riddles and are generally vague. he did not say directly, "2012 is the end of the world." i watched something on tv that said he supposedly predicted the world to end about 2007-2008. it made me giggle.

most other people who have predicted things have been vague too. that's how you get money for it--you say it in a vague, mysterious way, and the client reads into it and makes it true.

the mayans did not predict the world would end. it's the end of their calender. and i've heard many people on youtube say, "omg, guys. the end of the world is in 2010, because that's when my calender ends!"

the mayans predicted planetary alignment. that's probably why their calendar ended. they figured this is how it started, so they should start over with a new calendar. they also had an anniversary or something a few years after that. so fail.

as for the bible...i've read revelations once or twice, but i dont remember it. i know there are plagues, and knights and horses and things, but i dont remember anything in detail. but i dont believe in god. i think the bible was a set of cultural standards for the time. i dont think they apply in the same way now.

they made a big deal about 6/6/06 too. so this supposed anti-christ is going to take over the world at the age of 6? i wish i was that hardcore.

if anything, the everyone will be committing crimes and killing themselves, because, well, we're going to die anyway! why not?
=/

or the government could use it as an excuse to make the public trust them, and gain more power (like 1984, fahrenheit 451). but if that was their intention, i think they would have started more scare tactics by now.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:46 pm
The mayans just got lazy. How would you like to sit there making calenders that go on forever? It was probably just a clean place to stop.  

Starstruck Rainbow

Live_Laugh_Candy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:44 am
demon child me
Hmm...I predict that nothing will happen...and that alone will scare people the most. Then people wll cause the ends themselves. It makes sense, the old saying, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

i agree
and not just that but people always think the worlds going to end like for example 2000, and that didn't happen. I just see it as overreacting people are going to freak out for no reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:43 pm
I think that the world will end in a sense that things wont be the same. Ideas and knowledge will change merely because people are afraid of 2012. That is what I think.  

Raina Utaki

Tearstains

3,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:16 am
User Image

This is my comic.

It is what I believe will happen in 2012

Lightly put, I think that people are just spewing out the same thoughts as the whole Y2K thing. Everybody thought the world would end in Y2K, but it did not. 2000 didn't make the world end, so why would 2012?

The Mayan calendar stopped at the year 2012 because of the spanish conquistador's that went there. Because of them, they didn't have time to look at the stars and interpret what would happen in the future {And perhaps it is better off that way for us.} If you really think about it, it must have taken them a REALLY long time to figure out what the stars were predicting...I mean...it would take more than just a glance to figure it out. It took mathematical calculations and the like.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 pm
people were saying the world is gona end 2000 years ago i doubt it will in 2012...  

Buffer920

Maiden Yukina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:32 pm
WELL DUUUUH!!!!!!!! OF COURSE THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN 2012! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTS IF YOU SAY IT WON'T! YOU WANT PROOF? JUST LOOK AT THE YEAR 2000! SOME PEOPLE SAID IT WOULD END THERE BUT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS SAID IT WOULDN'T! AND GUESS WHAT ENDED UP HAPPENING????????

Oh wait... :/

And by the way - interesting fact here - the Mayan calendar actually does not say the world will end in 2012, nor does it give any indication that it will.

The reason why the calendar ends at 2012 is because you could say the Mayan's based it on segments of time. That just happens to be the year when the "segment" we are living in right now will end, thus beginning a new segment. Think of it like our basic calendars. Once a year ends, you simply begin a new one; once a segment of time ends, you simply begin a new one.

[x]

There's also another theory (but this has already stated and explained so I'll be quick): The Mayan calendar ended in the year 2012 when the spanish took them over.

No more Mayans = No more Mayan Calendar :[  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 pm
Don't believe everything you hear! The world is NOT going to end in 2012! That whole Mayan calendar is completely wrong! It will happen in God's time, NOT when man claims to say it will! Ugh... such a sad, messed up, ruined world we live in! -_-* rolleyes  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

_Wheres My Cereal_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:04 am
When we all die, we most likely won't know it until it actually happens. These are just...statements and suspisions that the world will end sooner than we know of. Can we actually prove that the world will die in 2012?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:09 am
deamondancer
I think when you look at it... if you started writing a callander at one and made it to 2012 you'd have said ******** it if we make it that far someone will pick up were i left off. The worlds not going to end, the calandermaker just got a life
Best. Logic. EVER.  

Neil Knives

Eruresto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 am
Heck, the Mayan calendar doesn't even end in 2012. It just goes into a new cycle.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:33 am
Well, on a religious perspective, humans aren't ever
meant to know when the end of the world is going to
be so it's obviously not 2012- I'm sure it will be humans themselves that
will bring about the end

Chocobo Fluff

Noble Inquisitor

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:54 am
Honestly I don't think people should care. When the time comes people will start buying a lot of crap and hide in their basements. If it does happen, well all that crap they bought won't save them from something like that. If it doesn't, then they just wasted a lot of money. I just rather be the person thats going to shrug it off, since nobody can really save themseleves (Don't comment about blasting off into space). And the way it was in the movie? It wouldn't exactly be like that, it would be something alot worse. No Ark for us I believe.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff