Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Twlight- Some things needs explaining: Please? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadameEx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 am
Yeah, some parts of her writing are done very well, it's just, she can't seem to get the logic of baby making down. =/  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:41 pm
deppfan
ninjaangel14
deppfan
ninjaangel14
I don't know how to put it. I'll try, though.

I think when [Isa]Bella and Edward had their baby Reneesme, she became half human, half vampire. Probably because she was born of Bella's human womb, and she got her genetics, half and half, from both her parents.

Your question is, "How can a human and a vampire have a baby?" right?
I think when Bella and Edward "mated" that's how she got pregnant - it's sort of like how human women get pregnant after having sex.

At least, that what I think.

Well yes, but that's beyond the point here. I believe what people are confused about is how it could happen if he is a vampire. Vampires are dead. So how can something that is dead reproduce?

Vampires die as humans, and when they reach the state of becoming a vampire, don't they live forever?

What I meant was, the human body dies and they continue as sort of existance. Not sure if I would really call it "living"

After-life?Lol  

xdearpanda

6,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Deppfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:01 pm
ninjaangel14
deppfan
ninjaangel14
deppfan
ninjaangel14

I think when [Isa]Bella and Edward had their baby Reneesme, she became half human, half vampire. Probably because she was born of Bella's human womb, and she got her genetics, half and half, from both her parents.

I think when Bella and Edward "mated" that's how she got pregnant - it's sort of like how human women get pregnant after having sex.

Well yes, but that's beyond the point here. I believe what people are confused about is how it could happen if he is a vampire. Vampires are dead. So how can something that is dead reproduce?

Vampires die as humans, and when they reach the state of becoming a vampire, don't they live forever?

What I meant was, the human body dies and they continue as sort of existance. Not sure if I would really call it "living"

After-life?Lol

No. Afterlife would be like heaven or hell.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:46 pm
This will contain hings about ze birds and ze veasels...
Vampires are frozen at whatever stage and age they were at when they transform. Womens fertility comes in monthly cycles, and so they cannot have babies because theyre cycles are frozen. Men, however, are always produceing sperm, so unless they were made a vampire at a young age, they will always be able to reproduce. Therefore, although Edward is no longer a human, he can still reproduce with humans. Got it?  

mothfurry

mothfurry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:49 pm
The vampires are NOT dead. If someone is already dead, they cannot be a vamire. They are immortal, not dead.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:28 pm
Snowy Solstice
This will contain hings about ze birds and ze veasels...
Vampires are frozen at whatever stage and age they were at when they transform. Womens fertility comes in monthly cycles, and so they cannot have babies because theyre cycles are frozen. Men, however, are always produceing sperm, so unless they were made a vampire at a young age, they will always be able to reproduce. Therefore, although Edward is no longer a human, he can still reproduce with humans. Got it?

Perhaps you should read previous posts before posting. All of this was already said, in many different way, some quite literate. The question is how can he keep producing sperm if he can no longer produce any other bodily fluids; like tears and blood. Blood which you need to make your heart beat, which you body need to produce sperm and other bodily fluids.

We all know what Meyer said, we are just questioning her logic.  

MadameEx

mothfurry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:15 pm
The thing is, we arent sure he cant do those things. He might bleed, but vampires are very tough, and unless they are bitten by another vampire, it wont leave a scar. As for tears, I dont recall a moment when weve seen edward cry, but I'm not positive he cant. And vampires need to eat, or rather drink blood, so their bodies must be semi functional.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:30 pm
In 'Breaking Dawn' Esme and bella 'cried', which had no tears.  

Lus-cloud

MadameEx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:28 pm
Edward cries, or at least tries. And according to science without a BEATING heart you cannot have blood! And actually, we have been told that, during the fight with James, there is no blood. During the fight with Victoria, there is no blood. There is never any blood.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:35 pm
uhmmm, thats a very good question. I just started reading breaking dawn so i don't really know how it goes, but i certainly knew about bella and edward having a baby due to the popularity of the series so i know what youre talking about.
i really don't know, my assumption is that bella had the baby after she became a vampire, so it's vampire and vampire producing a child. but once again, thats just my guess, so don't completely trust me on this one, but my suggestion is that you read the books through, and you will find what you're looking for, cause im sure that stephenie meyer explains your question in breaking dawn (the last book of the serie).  

flavored pencils

MadameEx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:28 pm
Man, you REALLY need to finish reading. I don't want to spoil it for you but I'll tell you know, you are WAAAAAAY off.

The reason the question was brought up is because in her explanation of how Bella got pregnant, there are a lot of holes that are left. She doesn't explain her logic very well. =/

But seriously, you absolutely must finish the book.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:40 am
deppfan
ninjaangel14
deppfan
ninjaangel14
deppfan
ninjaangel14

After-life?Lol

No. Afterlife would be like heaven or hell.

I give up. Lol.  

xdearpanda

6,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:51 pm
Thank you all very much for your help.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:35 am
I've had the same question about how vampires can impregnate women... but the where are the succubuses or incubusses.

How can they be thirsty also? It is a great saga, but questions linger.  

LunaMaeMoon

Fire Gwen

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:47 pm
They can't. Twilight is fiction. I could go into detail about how organisms with different numbers of chromosomes can't reproduce, but it simply can't be.

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff