Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
If you believe in God -To the easily offended: don't read- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe this?
  yes
  no
View Results

Lokhen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:09 am
How touching!
Well, a child is an innocent soul and Jesus Christ said "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as this" No wonder God was there to comfort her. Its like foot prints in the sand.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:29 pm
I would say the truth. I believe there is one Divinity, and from which exists many God and Goddesses, all of which are Aspects of the great Divine. That is my religious belief, and while I may die as a man, my words would live on. For while violence may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words are the means to meaning, and for those around that would listen, the annunciation of truth. And for those that wish to force change and opinions upon others, by punishment of violence or death or even segregation, they inevitably only show shadow and darkness upon the beliefs of the person responsible for the villainous act.

Also, to quote The Doctor: "They can shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is still mine."  

King Robert Silvermyst

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:33 pm
Touching.
Still gonna need proof that it was a true story, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:16 pm
Lokhen

Well, a child is an innocent soul and Jesus Christ said "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as this" No wonder God was there to comfort her. Its like foot prints in the sand.

I find this story so amazing, and I totally agree with you Lokhen smile I do believe in God, I know I'm not the best Christian, but I'm only human.

peace out homie-g's!...that sounded stupid smile  

atllover96

charliewaffles7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:17 pm
I'm Agnostic so this doesn't really apply.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:05 pm
King Robert Silvermyst
I would say the truth. I believe there is one Divinity, and from which exists many God and Goddesses, all of which are Aspects of the great Divine. That is my religious belief, and while I may die as a man, my words would live on. For while violence may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words are the means to meaning, and for those around that would listen, the annunciation of truth. And for those that wish to force change and opinions upon others, by punishment of violence or death or even segregation, they inevitably only show shadow and darkness upon the beliefs of the person responsible for the villainous act.

Also, to quote The Doctor: "They can shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is still mine."

Hahaha!, I love this post! Well done, well done indeed! ^^v  

Yuuki Aoyagi

Maiden Yukina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:51 pm
I don't know who'd get offended by this; that was brilliantly-written! I've questioned these things myself before. I recall hearing a quote from Ghandi: "I would become a Christian instantly if only I saw at least one Christian doing what they preach."

This can apply to everyone, no matter what religion you are. If you're going to choose to follow something, then follow it.

Quote:
There was an atheist couple who had a child. The couple never told their daughter anything about the Lord. One night when the little girl was 5 years old, the parents fought with each other and the dad shot the Mom, right in front of the child. Then, the dad shot himself. The little girl watched it all. She then was sent to a foster home. The foster mother was a Christian and took the child to church. On the first day of Sunday School, the foster mother told the teacher that the girl had never heard of Jesus, and to have patience with her. The teacher held up a picture of Jesus and said, 'Does anyone know who this is?' The little girl said, 'I do, that's the man who was holding me the night my parents died.'

Awesome story - probably made up - but awesome. It made me smile. :]  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces