Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures
Sprechen Sie deutsch? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sie sprechen.. nein?
  Jein (the confused yes no option)
  Ja
  Nein
View Results

locke317

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:55 pm
LikeALychee
locke317
Wouldn't it be Ich habe ein iPod Video vor mein Gebutstag bekommen? That way you are saying I got an iPod for my birthday vs saying I have and iPod for my birthday.

you're quite right, just that it has to be "zu meinem Geburtstag"--"vor" is a preposition.

I knew it wasn't vor, and I didn't know what to use, so thank you for correcting that  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:42 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Cybergothika

locke317

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:05 pm
Ich verste dich nicht. Ich verste die erste Satze, aber nichts andere (I doubt it is the right word, but I know no other word that would fit). sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:20 pm
Sie stark versuchen, verstehen Sie. Deutsch ist einfach zu verstehen, selbst wenn Ihre erste Sprache Englisch ist.

(I realize that no one is going to understand what I'm saying...)

Quote:
Ich verste dich nicht. Ich verste die erste Satze, aber nichts andere.

You could just say, "Ich verstehe Sie nicht total. Ich verstehe nur die erste Satz." I've noticed that many German students tend to make their sentences too complicated. You should try to keep it simpler, it makes it so much easier to learn.  

Cybergothika

locke317

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:21 pm
I suppose the reason for the sentences being so complicated is due to the limited vocabulary that they have. At least, that is my reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ich spreche kleine Deutsche.  

Bronze Griffin

Cybergothika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:18 am
locke317
I suppose the reason for the sentences being so complicated is due to the limited vocabulary that they have. At least, that is my reason.

Ja, ich glaube das ist stimmt. Obgleich wenn ich habe English gelernt, habe ich nicht gute Saetze gemacht, weil ich sie komplex nicht machen. xd

English ist eine schwere Sprache...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:35 pm
English ist am schweresten (I hope that is right, but I doubt it is)  

locke317

Cybergothika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:59 am
Schweresten? Nein, es ist "schwersten."

Aber ich verstehe Ihren Saetze. Sie sind ein ziemlich guter Deutschsprecher! wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:53 am
Danke, aber Sie sind besser als mich  

locke317

Cybergothika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:23 pm
Naturlich. Ich bin eine Deutcherin. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:16 am
bluewitch112

You're a what?? "Ich bin Deutsche." would be correct, but I doubt that you are german rolleyes

locke317

We don't have a limited vocabulary! We have as many words than any other language, it's just that some words can have different meanings:
"Bank" can be a bench, but also a bank (the one with the money)

Don't understand me wrong...I write that in English, so everyone should be able to understand it...  

LikeALychee

locke317

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:08 am
LikeALychee
locke317

We don't have a limited vocabulary! We have as many words than any other language, it's just that some words can have different meanings:

Don't understand me wrong...I write that in English, so everyone should be able to understand it...

You misunderstood. I was talking about why people who are learning German have a more limited vocabulary. People who have just started learning a language do not know all the words to make short sentences, so they make long, complex sentences that they know are correct to say something that someone with a better grasp of the language could make in a much shorter sentence.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:50 am
LikeALychee
bluewitch112

You're a what?? "Ich bin Deutsche." would be correct, but I doubt that you are german rolleyes

locke317

German is not my first language, but I spent much of my life there and have dual citizenship with the United States. I suppose that I do make mistakes at times, however. I am not completely fluent. I appologize if I insulted you.

Technically, I'm not... since I wasn't born in Germany, but I always say that because I love the country so much. It just feels like home.

And wow. I cannot believe that I actually made that mistake. That is reeeaaally bad. That's almost as bad the time I confused the words for female and male cook...

Again, I'm sorry if I was disrespectful. I didn't just blatantly lie.  

Cybergothika

Tsach

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:35 am
Hahahahah! Ich sollte gewusst haben, du wirst das sagen!

You make too many mistakes to be a native German speaker, Kat... just don't even try anymore. You are legally German. That's all.

You know it's all love. heart  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces