Submit

The Irish:
  Shall rule the world
  Shall go to the pub
  Shall give me 10 gold
View Results

Bella814

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:16 pm
I 'm Scottish and Irish. I have been able to trace my family all the way back to a place in Scotland that was once known as Kelsoland (no the same as Kelso, Scotland). Ftom Scotland there were two bothers named Hugh Kelso. One stayed in Scotland and one moved to Ireland. I would really love to visit Ireland and Scotland. I love reading books about both places and especially love seeing pictures of the land and the castles.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:40 pm
I have a little of Irish and Scottish in me as well as a drop of Native-American. I think I'm mostly American.  

GreeneyedPhantom

Excitable Explorer

14,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100

suizome

Romantic Hunter

11,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:39 pm
It's called Gaelic and I really, really want to learn it to. I only have a pinch of Irish in me.

Edit: I don't care if people call it Irish, it should be called by it's true name which if I'm correct means "Godly/Earthly Language."  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:00 pm
PoppyDadswell
salsababy2889
Im 1/4 Irish, but ive lived in America all my life
i got the pale skin, and a reddish tint to my hair, but thats as Irish as i get... except i like cornbeef and cabbage LOTS... mmm...

whats ireland got to do with corned beef?

um, it's an Irish food.  

Wataru_is_love

Wataru_is_love

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:01 pm
I'm German, Irish, Scottish, and possibly Native American  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:13 pm
I have Irish somewhere in my background...and I love Irish stuff!  

Idril Nienna

aelia_toxictears

4,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:26 pm
My friend is Irish and she tried to teach me Gaelic once....i wonder if i spelt that right.....  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:52 am
salsababy2889
i got the pale skin, and a reddish tint to my hair, but thats as Irish as i get... except i like cornbeef and cabbage LOTS... mmm...

Cornbeef and cabbage is a new england dish. xd

A lot of people think it's Irish, though. I did untill my mom told me it wasn't actually Irish.  

Ultra Sarah

tangerine-tiger

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:23 pm
XxJanxX
Dia Duit!!
Cen Sceal?

Hi! I'm Jan and I'm Irish, live in Dublin and have lived in Ireland my whole life!
I also speak Irish! What fun!
Anyone here likey the Irish? Anyone here also Irish? I'm new so i know nothing for anyone ninja
Anyone here likey to know some irish, or anything about Ireland? I'm bursting with knowledge!

Ta se go maith!!

is AOIBHINN liom ag caint as gaeilge,ach nil me ro-mhaith.beidh me ag caint se le mo chara ar gach seans.is mise as eireann,assligeach.an bhfuil tu ag feicint ar an GENERAL ELECTION!!!
ta se an-leadranach i mo thuirim.pm mise!!! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:27 pm
PoppyDadswell
dia dhuit!Luasaigh is aninm dom.rugadh agus togadh me i contae sligeach ach taim ag staidear sa contae doire. labhrionn a lan daoine gaeilge sa doire.ag an dtus bhi se an-scary.duirt amadan gur maith lei cabaiste agus cornbeef.nil se rud eireannach!

dia dhuit poppy,is mise sinead...your neighbour.
i know,i dont even know what the heck cornbeef is....you have cabbage and bacon!  

tangerine-tiger

Neamhurchoid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:37 pm
XxJanxX
Dia Duit!!
Cen Sceal?

Hi! I'm Jan and I'm Irish, live in Dublin and have lived in Ireland my whole life!
I also speak Irish! What fun!
Anyone here likey the Irish? Anyone here also Irish? I'm new so i know nothing for anyone ninja
Anyone here likey to know some irish, or anything about Ireland? I'm bursting with knowledge!

Ta se go maith!!
The very thing you strive for ...

:cough:, 'Aon scéal?', not 'cén scéal'.

Dia is Muire duit! Conas táin tú? Is as Chiarraí mé.

... is the thing that makes you blind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:43 pm
Wataru_is_love
PoppyDadswell
salsababy2889

whats ireland got to do with corned beef?

um, it's an Irish food.
The very thing you strive for ...

Corned beef is more of an English thing ...

... is the thing that makes you blind

Neamhurchoid

xXxIrishGirlyxXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:51 pm
To you stupid americans its irish not gaelic!!lol
No irish person calls it gaelic!

Anyways!Is aoibhinn liom an Gaeilge!!Níl mórán agam ach tá cúpla focail agam!Alison is ainm diom agus tá mé i mo chónaí i gContae Chiarraí(an áit is fearr in Éirinn!).Tá mé cúig bliana déag daois.Is maith liom leadóg agus snámh.Is aoibhinn liom siopadóireacht freisin,nuair a bhíonn an airgid agam(ní bhíonn sé sin go minic!).

God i hope i spelled all that right!I probably put one or two h's in the wrong place though!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:27 am
tangerine-tiger

is AOIBHINN liom ag caint as gaeilge,ach nil me ro-mhaith.beidh me ag caint se le mo chara ar gach seans.is mise as eireann,assligeach.an bhfuil tu ag feicint ar an GENERAL ELECTION!!!
ta se an-leadranach i mo thuirim.pm mise!!! mrgreen

I know eireann!!! I KNOW EIREANN!!! That totally made my day :3
Even though the only reason I know that is because of Afro Celt Sound System...
So, yeah, I'm slightly Irish and I so want to learn the language. I have like three languages I wanna learn; Mandarin Chinese (gonna be), Finnish, and Irish. It's such a beautiful language!!!  

Druid of Shadows

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Tapeworm Sex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:06 pm
Im Irish im surprise i haven't noticed this before iv been looking for more people livening in Ireland on gaia *sigh* any way im from Newmarket-on-Fergus in county Clare so if any one is down this part of the country pm me  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff