Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Miyazaki Movies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

slp101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 pm
Kage Kaitou
How many Miyazaki movies are there?
These are the ones I know of.

Castle in The Sky
The Cat Returns
Howl's Moving Castle
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbor Totoro
Nassicca and The Valley of the Wind
Pom Poko
Porco Rosso
Princess Monoke
Spirited Away
Whisper of the Heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:13 am
Good news for you Hayao Miyazaki fans Howl's Moving Castle will be coming on this Sunday March 16 @ 6:00 p.m. Central time on Cartoonetwork.  

slp101

habitualParadoxifier

Interesting Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:09 pm
Miyazaki is so awesome. I have Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle on DVD, and I've watched Kiki's Delivery Service at least 17 times. I've seen half of Princess Mononoke online, them my compy crashed and I could never find it again. I've seen Castle in the Sky 2 or three times. The characters and storylines are very origional, and though some are a bit "empty," well, even writers have their bad days. I should know. sweatdrop But most of them are wonderful.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:38 pm
I wish he would make more...  

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

slp101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:08 am
I'm trying to get all his films on DVD.

So far I have 4 of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:41 pm
Help to Level up my Virtual Pets

I got to thinking about something after watching my Hayao Miyazaki film "Whisper of the Heart" last week.

Is "The Cat Returns" a build of of the story the girl in "Whisper of the Heart" writes & is that why its called the Cat Returns?

The reason I ask is because the description of "The Cat Returns" is exactly how the girls story was when it had showed the parts where she was day dreaming about it.

By visiting my Journal Titled "Smaller Virtual Pets."Thanks 4 Helping.  

slp101

KatyaChekov

Nine-tailed Trickster

28,825 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Team Player 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:19 pm
Hated Castle In the Sky, the girl was waaaaaaaaay too whiny. I liked Howl's Moving Castle, though. The book is better, but the movie is excellent. It just needed a little less 'true love' and anti-war sentiment. Spirited Away is awesome, Princess Monoke scares me but it's still good, and Nausicaa was annoying. Haven't seen the others, little interest in those...  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:39 pm
KatyaChekov
Hated Castle In the Sky, the girl was waaaaaaaaay too whiny. I liked Howl's Moving Castle, though. The book is better, but the movie is excellent. It just needed a little less 'true love' and anti-war sentiment. Spirited Away is awesome, Princess Monoke scares me but it's still good, and Nausicaa was annoying. Haven't seen the others, little interest in those...
What was annoying about "Nausicca"?  

slp101

Setsuna Shizukesa

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:53 am
I love Hayao-sama's movies. They're very imaginative and unique, and the characters are to die for. I loved the pirates in Castle in the Sky, first off you think "oh okei, they're the bads guys" then they help "save the day". I can't wait until Ponyo comes out, the fact that it's supposed to have a watercolor effect has me quite curious.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:47 pm
Setsuna Shizukesa
I love Hayao-sama's movies. They're very imaginative and unique, and the characters are to die for. I loved the pirates in Castle in the Sky, first off you think "oh okei, they're the bads guys" then they help "save the day". I can't wait until Ponyo comes out, the fact that it's supposed to have a watercolor effect has me quite curious.
What is Ponyo?

Is that the American name for the movie?  

slp101

Setsuna Shizukesa

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:14 am
slp101
Setsuna Shizukesa
I love Hayao-sama's movies. They're very imaginative and unique, and the characters are to die for. I loved the pirates in Castle in the Sky, first off you think "oh okei, they're the bad guys" then they help "save the day". I can't wait until Ponyo comes out, the fact that it's supposed to have a watercolor effect has me quite curious.
What is Ponyo?

The movie in America is called Ponyo on a Cliff and is supposed to come out in July. It's about a goldfish princess (Ponyo) who meets a five-year-old boy and wants to become human.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:39 pm
Setsuna Shizukesa
slp101
Setsuna Shizukesa
I love Hayao-sama's movies. They're very imaginative and unique, and the characters are to die for. I loved the pirates in Castle in the Sky, first off you think "oh okei, they're the bad guys" then they help "save the day". I can't wait until Ponyo comes out, the fact that it's supposed to have a watercolor effect has me quite curious.
What is Ponyo?

The movie in America is called Ponyo on a Cliff and is supposed to come out in July. It's about a goldfish princess (Ponyo) who meets a five-year-old boy and wants to become human.
Thats a Hayo Miyazki film?--How did you find out about it?  

slp101

KatyaChekov

Nine-tailed Trickster

28,825 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Team Player 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:30 pm
slp101
KatyaChekov

Too predictable, for one thing, towards the end. And there's just something about her that ticks me off. I'm not sure exactly what, aside from her whining. *shrug* I'll watch it, but not too often.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 pm
KatyaChekov
slp101
KatyaChekov
Too predictable, for one thing, towards the end. And there's just something about her that ticks me off. I'm not sure exactly what, aside from her whining. *shrug* I'll watch it, but not too often.
I've never seen it myself, but I have it on DVD.

Just haven't got around to watching it.  

slp101

Setsuna Shizukesa

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:25 pm
slp101
Setsuna Shizukesa
slp101
Setsuna Shizukesa
What is Ponyo?

Thats a Hayo Miyazki film?--How did you find out about it?

I heard it mentioned in Newtype USA then mailed Anime Insider about it. They told me the name, when it was coming out and that watercolor bit.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games