Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
worst english dub Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felifae

Feline Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:59 pm
4KIDS MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!! *RIPS THE FRICKIN' LOGO APART* F*** 4KIDS!!!!!!! *FLIPS 4KIDS THE FINGER*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:16 pm
Gin_ Usagi
eh, if you wanna get picky then all english dubs are bad. at least every one i've heard. and i've watched alot of anime. both english and japanese. and the english ones suck. so i stick with the japanese i try not to watch the english versions, but sometimes i have no choice and i kill myself when i watch the english versions lol

I agree. The english dubs sound like the characters have speech impediments and/or mental retardation. I'm NOT KIDDING.

Japanese subs all the way!

]Impetigo[

such silly words

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 pm
All of the ones before, plus Saiyuki Reload. It's not nearly as bad as Ceres, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura, but the fact that a whole new company dubbed Reload was just...ick. I like ADV's Saiyuki, thank you very much.

Maiden of Night

Oh yes. I remember that Sailor Moon was another horrible butcherment.
The voice acting annoyed the crap out of me with its preppiness,
not to mention the anime's homosexual references was cut off too.
(Michiru and Haruka's relationship.)
Thank goodness my friend is exposing me to the Japanese version.

TT___TT Haruka and Michiru... It's so horrible that they changed them to cousins in the dub.

Prodigious_girl
CERES!! >_<;; Argh!! I couldn't stand it!!

A part of me died inside when I bought the Ceres boxset and I took it home to watch, only to find horrible dubbing.... My main pet peeve was with that Shuro's frog-like voice.

inuzrule
Gin_ Usagi
eh, if you wanna get picky then all english dubs are bad. at least every one i've heard. and i've watched alot of anime. both english and japanese. and the english ones suck. so i stick with the japanese i try not to watch the english versions, but sometimes i have no choice and i kill myself when i watch the english versions lol

I agree. The english dubs sound like the characters have speech impediments and/or mental retardation. I'm NOT KIDDING.

Japanese subs all the way!

Now, see, I don't agree there. Alot of dubs are awesome, there's just a few select cases (usually concerning the editing of a show) in which the dub totally sucks hard.
I watch both subs and dubs, but I barely prefer dubs over subs for the fact that I want to become a voice actress.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:10 am
4kids KILLED Yugioh it was a bloody action masterpiece until those ******* *******s got it! The only good english voice in their is Yami Bakura and yugi and yami sounded like LITTLE KIDS for god's sake!

They also killed CardCapture Sakura......

WHEN WILL THE SLAUGHTER END?! gonk  

Azure Kite Virus

Kaialystra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:27 pm
Meh, Naruto on Cartoon Network. Ewww >_<. They butcher the names and the sounds burning_eyes Naruto isn't supposed to sound like a drunk chipmunk on helium! gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:09 pm
Yu-Gi-Oh! was another butcherment.
They always stated the obvious, and made everything so corny!!
It really isn't as dark as the manga.
In the manga, everything is just so much more crazier and darker.
>_>

But really, not all dubbed animes are that bad.
It is just...whenever people try to make a lot of animes "kid-friendly!", they end up killing it completely in their attempt to censor everything bad.
It really is hard to find voice actors who can match up their voice to the character's character.
To me, I have to say that practically all animes aren't suitable for younger audiences...

Maiden of Night

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:13 am
Of the just straight up dub jobs where I've seen both languages, I'd have to say Love Hina was the worst. The english voice of my dear Kistune still makes me cringe.

There are good dubs out there. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex was just as good as the original and in fact the Major's voice was better than the original.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:49 pm
I think the worst dub is the In-House dub of Animax Asia.. And HERO TV, they suck with that.. My friends dub in english and we are even better than them..  

Tokyo Vampire

Call me D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:01 pm
Yoko ~ Kurama
Meh, Naruto on Cartoon Network. Ewww >_<. They butcher the names and the sounds burning_eyes Naruto isn't supposed to sound like a drunk chipmunk on helium! gonk
Thank you this is the whole reason why i have to beg and borrow for the sub.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:23 pm
naruto. "believe it!" nough said.  

[ ` k h a t y ]

Amayame Tsuki

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:06 pm
x3 1azngrl
naruto. "believe it!" nough said.

hahahaha i TOTALLY agree. i tried watching naruto dubbed once and changed the channel after hearing him say that after every sentence stare i mean, i understand that they wanted to put words to replace the 'dattebayo' or whatever, but still...blah!

cardcaptor sakura...i don't need to say about it. y'all know why the dubbed version totally BLOWS. so saaaddd. hahaha ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:55 am
at the moment....

Naruto and One Piece gonk  

Hileron

Kaialystra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:20 pm
Maiden of Night
Yu-Gi-Oh! was another butcherment.
They always stated the obvious, and made everything so corny!!
It really isn't as dark as the manga.
In the manga, everything is just so much more crazier and darker.
>_>

But really, not all dubbed animes are that bad.
It is just...whenever people try to make a lot of animes "kid-friendly!", they end up killing it completely in their attempt to censor everything bad.
It really is hard to find voice actors who can match up their voice to the character's character.
To me, I have to say that practically all animes aren't suitable for younger audiences...

Yeah, I agree. I think most of the animes, MOST, are done with good intentions gone wrong, but some......I'm not quite sure about....  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:26 am
i thought that Ranma 1/2 and DBZ had good dubs compair to the japanese  

Hileron

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:46 pm
Both changed cast members during the course of the show though with is generally a really bad thing. In these cases it was really obvious.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games