Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
What makes a person act the way they do? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IKurando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:45 am
of that I have no doubt Chime sweatdrop gonk
but it is true, now isn't it? they make friends, and enemies, based on how they feel at the moment, usually without thought of the benefits or downsides of what that relationship will mean in the long run.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:17 pm
Not entirely true. Sometimes someone will be friends with someone just for the heck of it. Anyone can choose to do anything, nothing makes someone make a choice, but some things can pursuade a person's choice.... sometimes. Like if someone's angry for example.  

Baulder

IKurando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:14 am
and that persuasion is generally powerful. someone who makes friends just for the heck of it probably has an influence, per say they are in a need of friends, or they are feeling happy, or sympathetic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:08 pm
Or they are just manipulative bastards who want to use them for something.... evil

I know this doens't help... sweatdrop sweatdrop Just thought I'd give you another view on why people make friends.... confused

Chime Elf

Baulder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:39 pm
IKurando
and that persuasion is generally powerful. someone who makes friends just for the heck of it probably has an influence, per say they are in a need of friends, or they are feeling happy, or sympathetic.
What?! To say that is like saying every time you ruffle your hair for the heck of it is iether because your in need of a hair comb or your head is feeling hot.
Haven't you ever done something just... for no apparent reason at all? Like grinding your teeth for example, or picking at a little loose thread in your sleeve....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:42 pm
He has a point...

4laugh I can see an argument in the making....

Chime Elf

zenyk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:45 pm
What makes a persons personality probably depends on experiences through out life. Genetics could be part of it... but who knows?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:43 pm
sweatdrop I think that point was already made...

Chime Elf

zenyk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:38 am
Oh, didn't see that... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:07 pm
meamaaslimjim
Oh, didn't see that... sweatdrop
Haha, it'd help to read previous posts man.  

Baulder

rockrgirl01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:48 am
I think pain and suffering  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:38 am
I myself, lean towards enviorment.
You raise a being in violence and deceit, they're most likely to grow up perhaps paranoid and defensive. (Merely an opinion.) Raised in a less emotionally battering setting, they can grow up different, more open maybe. So, I do hold experience in regard. I can pick things out in my past which have helped shape me today.
I also think choices, which ties into experience.
For example: You're running late for a movie, very later, should you skip it? Let's say you decide to go, and are in an accident. But if you stayed home, it wouldn't have happened.
But, that goes against myself in a way, I don't believe in coincidences. Everything happens for a reason to me, call it fate or destiny, whatever you will.

Psycho_Kat

zenyk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:53 pm
I kinda change my mind about genetics. I think genetics has nothing to do with the way people act. An example: twins have the same genetics, yet very different personalitys ie surprised ne is talkative and the other is creative.
Baulder
Haha, it'd help to read previous posts man.
I don't have the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:06 pm
Baulder
IKurando
What?! To say that is like saying every time you ruffle your hair for the heck of it is iether because your in need of a hair comb or your head is feeling hot.
Haven't you ever done something just... for no apparent reason at all? Like grinding your teeth for example, or picking at a little loose thread in your sleeve....
I believe there's always a reason, whether tis apparent or not. For example when you have a strange dream *cough* there might be things that seem really randomly placed in your dream but it may in fact just be subconscience.  

strange_dreams_512

Baulder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:22 pm
strange_dreams_512
Baulder
IKurando
I believe there's always a reason, whether tis apparent or not. For example when you have a strange dream *cough* there might be things that seem really randomly placed in your dream but it may in fact just be subconscience.
So if your taking a walk and then trip and give yourself a nose-bleed, then subconciously you wanted to hurt yourself for some reason?  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff