I want to Learn Japanese Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:46 pm
mildlycrazy13
Anyone know if there's some kind of free site or something that will teach me Japanese?

japanese/english/japanese dictionary

try here. it will tell you any english in japanese, or any japanese in english. it is like a two way translator

oh... and by the way "yo oka-san no yashinomi de isogashi" ..... LOL you'll see  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:39 pm
If you go to half price books they have some decently priced how to learn Japanese stuff  

Kayumi K

Eira Woodfern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:28 pm
I was poking around the Internet and found the "Before You Know It" software someone had mentioned before. Of course, the free version is the lite version and not a full version, but I'm going to give it a shot myself.

BTW, this thread is really helpful in general.

Oh, and the link: linkeru!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:29 pm
Its Hard to teach someone online. you should try to get a teacher at a college. I have a Japanese Class in My school and Im half Japanese.. but.. Anyhoo.. Sorry hun.  

Japamenitalian

crazy_gurl_loves_you

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:21 pm
i want to learn too, try getting the tapes u can listen to and repeat....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:20 pm
Im learning Japanese as well. My friend and i, everyday at lunch are teaching eath other Japanese. Make sure you know the right way to say things. A as in FAther, I as in SEe,U as in DO, E as in FEb, O as in GO. Also do vocab. Once you know the vocab, do the smae sentence over and over again. Like this for EX.

Kore wa to isu to tsukue desu ka? *points to desk and chair*
WHICH MEANS-----
Is this a chair and a and desk?

KA is the question marker....TO is like the comma or the and, and isu means chair, tsukue means desk.

and if it was a chair and a desk you would respond with ---
hai, isu to tsukue desu

desu is pronounced des just so you know...the u is silent

PM me if you want to know more stuff ive learned.  

Shade_demon32

Roxas_chris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:11 pm
eh i'm taking japanese in school and just HAPPEN to have my college book sitting next to me at all times. how 'bout a very small lesson?

O-namee wa nan desu ka
this means literally "as for your name ,what is it?"

O-genki desu ka
baisically "how are you?"

you'd respond "genki desu"
"i'm fine"

if you already knew this i'm sorry for repeating it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:29 am
I'm at university learning Japanese from scratch. In fact, I have a kanji and listening test today! ARGH.

I should do okay on the kanji, but still not sure if i will pass it. I know i will definitely fail the listening because i never get to practice that! lol

To make matters worse i have a rotten cold. Oh well! These aren't the main exams thank god, they are just mid terms. I will make a proper post later when i get back :3  

Leonidas_Sako

Lockea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:46 pm
shade_demon
Im learning Japanese as well. My friend and i, everyday at lunch are teaching eath other Japanese. Make sure you know the right way to say things. A as in FAther, I as in SEe,U as in DO, E as in FEb, O as in GO. Also do vocab. Once you know the vocab, do the smae sentence over and over again. Like this for EX.

Kore wa to isu to tsukue desu ka? *points to desk and chair*
WHICH MEANS-----
Is this a chair and a and desk?

KA is the question marker....TO is like the comma or the and, and isu means chair, tsukue means desk.

and if it was a chair and a desk you would respond with ---
hai, isu to tsukue desu

desu is pronounced des just so you know...the u is silent

PM me if you want to know more stuff ive learned.
Except for your sentence it should be; Kore wa isu to tsukue desu ka?

If you wanted to say "Is that a chair, desk, and pencil?" It would be; "Kore wa isu to tsukue to enpittsu desu ka?" 'to' is a relational and in MOST cases is not used after another relational like wa. There are some exceptions to the rule.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:28 pm
get books! i recommend the ones that speak to you...like tapes or movies or sommething ^^ those are good  

oONabikichanOo

Chiru-pon

Chiru-pon

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:00 pm
EVERYONE wants to learn Japanese nowadays. It's getting annoying.

Why don't you buy a Japanese dictionary? Ones with English translations. I have to use one all the time with my Grandma.

[PS] It takes 10 years to learn the basics of an Asian language (or Japanese, at least). I'd re-think if I were you. However, if you are Chinese/Taiwanese, you already know the kanji, so you're a lucky b*****d.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:22 am
well i know some japanese i would share tiwith u if u want me to???  

Sephiroth x12

Phil Bloo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:02 pm
Quote:

EVERYONE wants to learn Japanese nowadays. It's getting annoying.

I've actually been wanting to learn japanese for years, but everyone told me that I should try another language. For a long time I have been into japanese culture and thought that the language was very beautiful.

I listened to other people and walked away with 6 or 7 years of french lessons.

Now I am doing things that I want to do. So, I am currently taking japanese in college. I know that it's tough, but if anyone wants something bad enough they will work hard enough to do so.

Good Luck to everyone out there.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:04 pm
I don't know of a site, but I took japanese in college. Before that I got some language tapes and taught myself some. The best way is to find someone who's a native speaker. If you really want to learn it, it'll happen. Those hiragana and Katakana charts are ESSENTIAL for newbies. Memorize them You'll have to know them before you get into kanji. This only teaches you the alphabets and how to read the language. The grammar and vocab will come from a book. Sorry if I wasn't much help  

WyldeKaard

"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces