Do you have a soul?
  Yes.
  No.
  Ask me after I've died.
View Results

T h e s t e p H

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:49 pm
420FienD420
It is a question that we may never know the answer to. But, my question to you is, How will your life change if you know if you have one? How will it change if you know you don't?
Would you try to save your soul?
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of your actions in the first place?
Shouldn't one be inherently good or evil?
If you disobey your desires, are you really being a human?
Or are you trying to be something else? Something you're not?
Well, I'm not going to change personally.
But it does make you think doesn't it?

Interesting sentiment, as always.
But I agree with you, in a way. A person should be good not because he/she is just trying to get a reward, but because good is how you should be. Good for goodness' sake.
But I think the biggest reason that anyone would want to believe in the soul should be obvious-it's a natural human instinct to try to survive, in anyway possible. We don't want to dissappear forever. We want to feel like our lives and our existence has meaning, and continuity. We want eternity, or so we think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:35 am
yes i do believe in souls
i believe if you were to leave your mortal vessel(the human body) then your soul enters a area know to many as limbo while your deads for the past life you had are caluculated and then you are placed in a apporprate new vessel
so in theory you could be anchient(at least your soul)
either that or we have no souls and its all in the chemicle reactions in your brains
just like faith  

idiotic randomness

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:00 pm
T h e s t e p H
420FienD420
It is a question that we may never know the answer to. But, my question to you is, How will your life change if you know if you have one? How will it change if you know you don't?

But I agree with you, in a way. A person should be good not because he/she is just trying to get a reward, but because good is how you should be. Good for goodness' sake.
But I think the biggest reason that anyone would want to believe in the soul should be obvious-it's a natural human instinct to try to survive, in anyway possible. We don't want to dissappear forever. We want to feel like our lives and our existence has meaning, and continuity. We want eternity, or so we think.

Thank you. I try to think before I speak, especially in forums XP anybody can read what you put in so may as well make it good.
I know that the survival instinct is strong in humans which leads them to believe in souls.
But consider the human instinct as well to reject all that is different and/or criminal. They say that those who are sadistic or mentally unstable are "soul-less." Ponder the human mind's capacity to accept itself and its flaws. The human mind has many survival instincts, one leading to the belief in souls and afterlife, but also the rejection of that which may harm them through the belief in souls.
It's curious how one thing may lead to the other is it not?
It makes you wonder about the other things that we take for granted or are questioned about and how they may lead to our survival, or tie into the complexity of the human mind o.0

Just call me the drunken philsopher ^_~
PM me to talk one to one about my opinions if you wish  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:47 pm
I believe that there is such a thing as a soul.

You can look at yourself in the mirror and know that that is you. The mind uses memories and thought processes to create recognition, but you actually understand and do, and feel. It's got to be more than just the phsical existance happening now. Energy cannot created or destroyed, that is a law of science. You're soul is a form of energy that transcends the current reality. I truelly hope for something in an afterlife, even though it's impossible to prove.  

in love with a vampire

Candy Apple Amazing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:30 pm
I do not belive I have a soul. I find souls to be something created by the human mind to help cope with feelings and life in general. Basiclly you only have a soul if you belive you have a soul.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:51 am
Who needs a soul when you've got a brain? :3  

[.Ramen.]

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:15 pm
The soul does exist, but in many parts. There is our heart-soul, which is our personality. There is our double-soul, which those of us who do meditation and astral-projection know about; there is our true-soul which is the part of us that is immortal and lives on after death and into reincarnation (for those that believe in reincarnation) or goes to heaven/hell (for those that do not). The double-soul is what remains on this world to guide our decendants or any who call to us (And I have talked to Steve-O well after he died through meditation and asking Anubis to allow me to speak with him).  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:55 pm
yes because our soul lives on until they float away to join the other souls.  

Duchessa

2,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Matrix159

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:09 pm
i thinx not 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:22 am
I've got a soul.... and my freind Kynums.... and Super_lotto_Masters.... and a couple others too.  

Kefka Sprite

Nitro-kun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:25 pm
well this is compilated of the answer i like from the page one (i got lazy and didnt read the other 2)
well i will answer whit my theory about universe if u like it tell me if u dont tell me too, i would explain it but i havent structurated yet so its kinda hard... and its in spanish so... -__-

Vote Kira
I dont' really know....I believe and then I don't believe. It depends. As for the ask me after I've died part....well what if your soul is mortal just like your flesh and blood? That's why you don't really know. If you do stay together as a soul after you die, then it would be assumed that you do. On the other hand, a human consciousness is developed at an early age around other people. You are not born with this consciousness. If you were, there would be no such thing as feral children.

-the soul as u said is a part of ur being (wich consist in three parts: body, energy and soul-they have other name depending the culture-) but it doesnt die or gets destroyed its just recycled, like ur body that after a few years form dirt and some other things, ur soul can melt whit the ambirement where it get separated from the body, by melting i mean not like a whole soul but pieces of it (or u), like ur mood or ur feeling at the moment and normaly a soul contains a lot of factors that affect the surroundins

Quinlan89
I belive we don't have a part that lives after we die. Once we die we're gone. No more, we're in a deep sleep.

-well i choose this one only for the coherent mistake, a deep sleep is equal to live so death = deep sleep dont work, sorry

Bo-Bo The Great
I believe...
The soul is a manifestation of your beliefs and what you've encounters in your life. It's like a negative. An imprint caused by all the things you've done. But it's not a physical or spiritual thing.

-sorry but no, the soul maybe contains some of those things but its not that, the soul is u in another existence plain(?) ur being its a serie of coordenates like : x= 12, y=12, and z=12, where ur body ur soul and ur energy are x, y and z, and thats ur place in the universe of course u left a trail behind u and thats known as ur life

The soul is an energy. It stems from th same energy that exists in everything everywhere. There is a universal bond in your soul, and that bond is unbreakable.

thats right, like every energy the soul in unbreakeable but it can transform and thats what it does after u died

Einsteins Theory:
Energy can not be Created or Destroyed.
that means that the energy that exists today has always existed, and will always exist. People need to stop questioning why everything is here and where it came from, and learn to just enjoy it while it's still here.

well the first part its right but the energy can transform, and that is happening everytime, and the best we can do is try to understand that instead of just enjoy it cuz "the understanding is the key of freedom"

Evil Karma Angel
I believe in souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bUT A 'Soul' is different from a 'spirit' ...
A Spirit is either something that has never been alive
Or your magickal energy...

spirit = soul = ego (the real word) = psike

magical energy doesnt exist, its only energy, different from electricity but energy, that someone can use it doesnt make it magical, and there is no thing that have never been alive, after all we are inside a huge cycle of life

Anime Duncan
I've heard logical arguments that there is no god. I've heard stirring sermons from priests of multiple faiths. I've seen friends die of health problems. I've seen people fall in love. I've studied how all the core religions have came about. I've studied how the moons and planets were created, and how the sun will die.

What I'm getting at is this: if you believe something, don't question yourself. If you think Thor is going to take you to Valhalla when you die, then you better start praying to Thor. No person has the right to tell you that you're wrong, what may be right for one person isn't always right for another. The only way to live is by what you feel is the correct way for you. If someone tells you that you're wrong, tell them to prove that. If they insist, punch them in the face, and tell them it's from Anime Duncan evil

And yes, I believe that we have souls blaugh

there u got a big problem because u cant go on telling i am right and punching ppl, if u cant prove it they can say u are wrong, and the best way living is try to understand the rest if u dont try to understand the rest and just think that u are right then u are nothing but a (insert an insult here) because as i say the understanding is the key of freedom and a closed mind will lead u to no where

Nitro-kun
sorry for sound like a smartass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:54 pm
i was thinking about keep my fingers AGK then i saw the others answers and this is getting interesting (it was interesting from the beginning :3)

T h e s t e p H
Vermillioncurse
A soul is an illusion. If you let yourself believe in it then it exists, if you choose not to accept it then it is not there. A soul is taboo that can be chosen or ignored. I believe the term "soul" originally derived from religion. If you have no standing on religion, do not believe, etc. then you shouldnt worry about wether or not you have a soul. And if you believe that you love, care, (insert human emotion here) etc. tehn remember that all emotions are proven chemical equations that occur in you body that people choose to accept as something else, an illusion, even though it is nothing more than simple reactions in your body causing you to do this. If you really want to prove you have a sould then i believe you would have to start getting into deeper topics like Astral Projection etc, etc...

I've never denied science when it presents me with proof. I know that endorphines make people feel good/happy, and that other feelings and emotions are caused by other chemicals, but I've always seen this as the "how", not the "why" [and yes, I did get that from South Park]. And I don't think it's a choice, either. I'm not saying that I was forced to believe in the soul, just that there was never a morning when I woke up and decided "I'll spend my life believing in all things invisible, metaphysical, and unproven by science!"

I'm also not trying to say that the existence of the soul can be proven [at least not with today's technology], but you can't prove it doesn't exist either.

well this thing have two sides first its true that u dont wake up thinking about what are u gonna believe, according to psicology(?) all the things u have lived lead u to think in a certain way -thats one for science- on the other hand u can say that science bases are in the senses that means that u have to see it or touch it, and all the technology -the research tech- its made to improve those senses, and since the soul is a part from a sense that can be proved except for each one of us science cant prove that it doesnt exist -thats one one for the soul- but the truth is that as i said before the soul is in another plain(?) that mean that u cant prove it in any physical way

T h e s t e p H
420FienD420

the concience its always a good theme, u'll see the concience makes u noticed the 'good' from 'evil' and the concience is not something that u born whit u have to make ur concience thats why there are ppl that just doenst care because they learn it that and u can say but ppl that have lived similar lifes act from different ways and that cus the tiniest act can change ur life

[.Ramen.]
Who needs a soul when you've got a brain? :3

a soul cant be needed or did u decided born whit legs? no u just have it and like many ppl have said u can choose believe and thats true but if u choose to think then its other story cus u can logically think that u have a soul or not, i have thinking about this a lot (like 2 years) and i think/believe/know that we have souls  

Nitro-kun

Ichijou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:00 am
oh yes i think that i still exist.. i have a soul .. or i think i have a soul ..
people exist on our earth as long as someone remembers them  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:43 pm
I believe many had said this already, but I'll say it again.

I don't have a soul. I am a soul. I have a body. If one exists, one is a soul. Soul is one's True Self, the identity, the being.  

Dreamer Aura Laforest

Araya-01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:50 pm
Depending on what philosphy you use this question could be answered many ways. One could argue no because our head is gone then so is our brain which makes us well us. Another could also argue yes we our own state of life that no one eles has and we would still exgsit. I would argue and say yes and no, if that happens to me then I will knwo but till then I think there fore I am so I'm happy....or atleast showing signs of happiness. Because life is filled with noithing but false emotion in hte end  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff