Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alchemy?
  :)
  :(
View Results

Hellboy328045

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:03 pm
I know that Alchemy lasted till the steam engine was invented, and began around the time of Egypt. And Alchemy was also used for medicinal uses. And a lot of the people that practiced were; Leonardo De Vinci, and Nicholas Flamel.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:18 pm
equivelent exchange can always be applied. for example. if you had a friend who was dying, do you truly think he could be saved without someone having to sacrifice SOMETHING in exchange for it.  

i was pwnt

near geass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:10 pm
so its like fullmetal alchamist but fullmetal actually has many true facts such a** the phelosofer stone and transmutating led into gold theres a plase her in gaia were it shows stuff about alchamy thats were i lurned that  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:37 pm
Alchemy, as shown in FullMetal Alchemist (I know, it's going far in this thread.) is on the basis of "Equivalent Exchange," or in an explanatory way, "Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost." It's supposed to show us that there is a balance to life and we just can't make things out of nowhere. Something has to be made with the basis of something else. In our world, it was a science that was created in the Middle ages to create gold out of common metals, like lead. But in order to create gold from something low like lead, you would need to find out the similar properties of each substance and try to convert it. This in fact succeeded, but no science can defy the laws of nature, so there was a downfall. And what was that? It didn't have that gold colour. At the result of their hard work, there was a failure. That is equivalent, in some sense. To be more accurate, there was a balance in the experiment. They gained knowledge, but also lost to Nature itself.. This is the birth of an early use of Chemistry. And, Chemistry has to do with chemical reactions (meaning the interaction of matter with one another.), aggregations (the bonding of matter), and conversions of matter (tramsforming one substance to a totally different one). In basic knowledge, it is the changing of matter of a substance (solids, liquids, gases, plasma) that we see in everyday lives. Sounds similar to Alchemy...?  

Renkinjutsushi Kioku

nannerz_loves_you

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:06 am
well its all about yin and yang. there has to be a total balance between good and bad for anything to ever actually happen. if you don't ever feel sad you wont ever feel glad. it's all about a balance.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:23 am
Alchemy is the basis for Chemistry. The greatest remembered alchemist was Nicholas Flamel. ((Actual person not a Harry Potter character)) The secrets to alchemy include: The Philosopher's Stone, and turning base metals into Gold or Silver, or turning coal into Diamonds.  

Hellboy328045

queenofrock7277

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:07 pm
everybody here that is talking makes me feel smart lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:51 pm
Alchemy was really a good base of modern chemistry. I don't know much about the deeper ways, but without alchemy there wouldn't have been porcelane in europe for example. The inventor of it tried to create artificial gold, but messed it up and created porcelane for europe. So the import business from china got a slap and it was cheaper to get it later.

I think alot of it is simply daydreamery, but the practical part that worked was really important for todays world.  

Verderbnis

kimto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:27 pm
evil YOU KNOW NOTHING, I ...i am a real alchemist. ( and yes they are real) I have study alchemy for 3 years and i have learned alot about
what can and can't be done and how. I will NOT
teach you people. But yes it is real on the other
hand i will anwser qusetions.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 pm
Alchemy is indeed very real, but full metal alchemist like everybody else said because everyone thinks they're going to be original and point this out because everyone thinks "haw haw haw I'm gunna be the first one to say it!"* and they post it without reading the other comments because people are a**l.

*I was totally saying that while making the "stereotypical asian face" lolol xd

But anyway if you want to know anything about alchemy..it was basiclly just another building block of science..one that actually sped along medicine and chemistry..it's called chemistry these days.

Alchemists main goals in life were to invent the philosopher's stone. A rare element that when melted with other lesser cheaper metals such as lead, mercury, or copper could be turned into gold. Now only man actually was able to do it Nicholas Flamel. Nicholas was a french alchemist I think and he succesfully transmuted the philosopher's stone (two ingredients are mercury, and Carotene a substance found in orange vegetables) with it he created a vast amounts of wealth and spent it on building theatre's, opera houses, and other public commodities...after a while though he died..his can still be found in france of europe somwhere. The tomb itself depicting some sort of coded message (alchemist spelling out their formula's in symbols fearing people might steal them), or mabye just jibberish.  

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

P i n k C h 3 r r i

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:30 pm
User Image
L . i . s . t . e . n . To . The . M . U . S . I . C

User ImageI've Learned all my alchemy from Fullmetal Alchemist like many people here XD

but try winkipidia

. . . L . e . t . T . h . e . M . U . S . I . C . P . l . a . y . . .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:59 pm
420FienD420
I know basic alchemic runes and some circles but other than that...not much. My specialty runs in Necromancy (even though I do not practice) and Wicca[/quot

Sorry guys but its impossible to change tin to gold or any thing else simply becauseyou would hve to change the atomic structure of thing with energy, I'm a psychic so I can realy mess with nature but no matter how hard you try you will not be able to do it. IF you were to suceed that would mean that you had made more electrons,protons,and nutrons wich you can't do simply because energy can not be created nor destroyed. Now you can keep living in fantassy land but I'm staying in the real world. Send me a postcard Ok.

Deathlord89

Insane King Wasabi

Invisible Lunatic

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:30 pm
alchemy is the thought of transmutating things into other thing such as the lead to gold. while alchemy made break-throughs for science it has flaws and miscomprehension. the thought of turning lead to gold is nonsense because that would be changeing the weight and the amount of portons/ neautrons/electrons. another alchemical wonder is the philosiphers stone this would enhance the speed of what you were trying to do. the equivelent exchange is the process of giveing and getting (eye for an eye) which is partly disproven in every day life, hence why good people die in accidents al over. some parts of alchemy are true like the medications they made. without knowing what exactaly what they were doing they stumbled upon many wonderful things. and tho theoreticaly you could make humoculi with the materials found in humans but there are the unexplained things that we have yet to discover. therefore there is no real yes or no of it's exestince. some parts of everything are true.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:10 am
I just know that Leonardo Da Vinci had studied alchemy in his time. His study work about it and the sketches he performed of his interests in alchemy is quite interesting and yet I look at alchemy as both the step before the true development of science and as a myth. The myth being of course of the philosophers stone. It has been said that an alchemist (forgot the name of the person) of the time when alchemy was practice had possibly created the stone, but not enough facts support it to be true.  

FF Turk_Panto

-XxTeh_Lost_CloudxX-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:46 am
i agree with some of the ppl here
it was basiccaly some old guys who
melted rocks or some other material
tried to see what parts of it could infact match particals found in the substance they were trying to create and ended up using some kind of stone (yes a philophers stone) to transmute it into
what they wanted
they didnt use it for power but as a assistant tool
for there transmutation.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out