Submit

After life?
  Yes.
  No.
  Sorta. Let me explain.
View Results

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:50 pm
I think after I die I would get to choose who or what I wanna be next time..... dunno just an imagination....  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:18 pm
I don't know. I think that something has to happen after you die. Maybe you assend to a higher plane of existence like in Stargate (I love that show!). It would be scarry if we just died and thats it.
(I'm not religious neither.)  

ArcadiaB

Dreamer Aura Laforest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:57 pm
You know what? You'll know when you die, so why making a fuss now? Just shut up and live xd

Really, I had a long discussion with some friends once, and that was the conclusion. It's useless to think about it if we can never know the answer. I believe that when I die, I'll merge into the world. Not with, but into. I'm more or less pantheist. I believe that God is omnipresent, hence the Creation is part of God. We are part of the Creation, so we are like, let's say, atoms in God. When we die, we'll be recycled.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:42 pm
3nodding i think that live after death is our spirits/souls being free of our physical bodies, our bodies began to die at birth technically, so being a live is a way of setting our souls/spirits free of this some times hard & happy life we live. heart  

ladyred69

Niadaen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:53 pm
Personally, however trite this debate is, there are so many different ways to infer what actually happens when you die, that to come straight out and say "there is no heaven." is kind of silly.
I have read a very good book called erm, The Meaning of Death, which is an almost psychological viewpoint on death. Remember being taught all those norse myths and native american myths? People for as far back as developing language have created tangible solutions to things they couldn't scientifically deduct.
"Oh, s**t, um, those little white things at night. Yeah, they, uh, a giant sea snake had a cold, and sneezed way into the sky..."
The human mindset is so linear that we think we need to have reason for everything to just -be-. That's actually how many religions began. And yes, most were actually practiced to gain morality and good behavior from children.
Many scientists believe that heaven and hell were created to sooth the dying mind, to make us believe that our spirits were being recycled, a way to accept that we stop existing when we die.
But debunking heaven and hell is like calling the Bible a heavily elated story, you just can't prove what's going on, or what really ever went on.
I'm a person of theories, I try to explain to myself in plenty of ways what could happen, or not happen when I die, but I try to stick to a few ideas, mainly just nonexistence (being the most realistic seeming response).

I appreciate all different aspects, though. It's interesting to see that there are still some spiritual people around. Maybe that means morality. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:09 pm
After life?
Well I think that there is a plce where we go or there is rencarnation. But friend says scince I don't belive in god I'm going to hell which makes me laugh and I said I'd get tocked off to thepoint I'd jsut take over. But thats not the point. But when we die there has to be part of us that still exsists but hey what do I know I'm just a Darkness child.  

Araya-01

invisblebuddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:52 am
I've spoken to a lot of people on what they believe on the matter with various results.
I know a nihilist who believes we just rot. Some atheists who believe the same, as well as a satanist. (Before anything negative gets said, Satanism is just self-worship, people. Do some research... stare )
I, myself, am a weird Buddhist/Wiccan/Me and believe in the Summerland. Just as it sounds. If you went with my beliefs, you would wait there until you were spun into the pattern again.
Then there are those who believe in the howevermany levels of hell and all that jazz to scare you away from "sin" and in heaven if you're all good and stuff.
Just some different aspects.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:58 pm
well i don't think you go to heaven or hell i think you just rot in the ground but i could be wrong ill just have to find out crying twisted sad rolleyes  

crunex

[~.Fallangel.~]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:16 am
I say you just disappear from existance. And the feeling would be like when you are asleep: black  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:44 pm
I believe in "life after death," but not really "Heaven" or "Hell." I believe that after we die, as forms of energy, we enter an astral plane, where you can enter different demensions. I think of it like this: in life, there is a flat demension, you can only go forwards, and one direction. When you die, it's like a sphere; you can up, down, left, right, around, forward, back, etc. I think that if there are groups of "spirits" that work together, it's much like our current government/communities. I think that the energy is recycled, and we can get reincarnated and stuff. As for a God or Goddess or Leader, I am unsure.  

Spooky Ames

nannerz_loves_you

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:44 am
although this goes against my religion's beliefs (most of my beliefs are different because they came straight from my head and not what anybody told me.

i believe that there is no material life after death, but life none the less

heaven is a state of mind that is just peace and contentment forever
and hell is feelings of guilt, emptyness, and regret.

i think it all depends on how you viewed your material life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:37 pm
Zeit Rachen Havoc
Alright. I always read things in this forum, and you're all very smart and interesting individuals. 3nodding

So I thought this would be a good place to talk with people, where we all actually think DEEPLY. x3

Anyway. Here's my question. When you "die," what happens?
What I mean by this is, when you die, when your heart stops beating, and have lost all contact with other life, where and what are you?

Are you in a state where you don't exist at all? Are you just in a world of... black? If you're genuinely a good person, do you get sent wherever you want? If you're genuinely bad, do you go to a bad place? (Not necessarily 'hell.') Or, in beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church, the ever popular purgatory?

Basically, what I'm asking, is there "life" after life? Are you living in the state you died in? Are you living when you were at your highest peak in life, so you can live the "after-life" in happiness?

Also, what happens if you are not religious? ( Like myself. xd )

Sorry, this was kinda a lot. And I know no one can truly answer... But I'm looking forward to discussing with you. 3nodding
First off,
I do not believe in organized religion (it's bullshit)
I believe that when you 'die' your soul is simply seeking it's new home.Some call it re-birth.When you die your sould finds a new home with in a fetis that is in the first states of development.Thats ONE of the things that can happen.Also your soul may not be able to find a new thing to become,in that case the soul is left as a spirit wheather it is good or bad or shows it'self at all is entirely up to the soul.After a while i believe your sould fades and can no longer be reborn which is when things simply end.

Thats just my thought on it.
If you want to respond to me on this message me otherwise i will not know that you wrote back (by you i mean anyone who read that)  

x3NaMeLeSSMaGGoTx3

jadeitegodess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:04 pm
hmm...well,i would like to belive in "heven", but i think it would get boring after a while, so im going for reincarnation! i think i would like to be a dolphin...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:59 pm
Ok what happens after you die iz if u believe in God and tell him and repent for your sins you go to heaven if you dont believ he died on the cross for our sins and ask for forgivenedd you go to hell period end of story.  

VirgoChick082694

SHAZOOP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:23 pm
Afterlife is true or false based on what you believe in, for some its easy and true,for others its painful and false as they are left to suffer, itall depends on what you think. Religion is your own opinion use it wisely.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff