View Results

SavingPollyOliver

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:40 pm
Magic is . . . well its magic. Its unexplainable thats why they call it magic. Also magic supposed to be devil worshiping but I say screw that idea. Magic can be anything wonderfully great or terribly scary.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:59 pm
my views on magic are mixed...I think what magicans do is not true...you know make things disappear and reapear...but magic like...they do in video games or curses may be true  

ebil yoder

Parisian Loafer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:01 am
I think that magic has a logical explanation, there's just an unexplainable force out there that most of us can't or won't recognise. If you look at it in a certain way, magic is very much like science, only much more obscure.
I think it rocks, btw.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:30 pm
magic is to amuse 3nodding  

QueenAngel242

Annebella

Invisible Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:01 pm
Magic slightly befuzzles me... I want to believe in it, but I'm not sure I do. I guess I'm just not sure whether or not a line exists between religion and magic. Hmm.... The more I think about it, I suppose magic exists, but in very few instances. Miracles, for the non-religious, are magic, I guess. I think that love is magical. I know, it totally sounds corny, but that's what I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:25 pm
Magic is merely what we cannot explain with our current perceptions of logic and science.

Examples: people don't dissapear, get sawed in half and live, read minds, pick your card out of a deck, move things with their minds, cast spells, levitate, or summon dark demons from mystical realms to smite their enemies.

But when someone does something like that, we call it magic. We can't explain it (unless you know the secret to the trick) so we explain it away as magic.

This holds true throughout history. If we took a TV back to the middle ages, thay would be unable to explain how it worked. Therefore, they would likely not call it a television, but probably a "magic box."

So, magic exists. But if you know the secret, it's not magic anymore. It's just clever trickery.  

aIicommagali

cool_cait

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:39 pm
To me, magic is something unexplainable. My example of magic are miracles. Magic could mean a lot of different things though. it could be some sort of power people have that others don't. It could mean just about anything. What you think is magic is exactly right, because no one knows who or what is magic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:49 pm
huh.........i think that whenever something occurs, something equal reoccurs.........here, when you light a fire, you use up the wood, but in return get heat. so, i guess i would consider magic the balance in between.
the real magic like you see in movies and animes and crap, can;t really happen because of the elemental barrier that surrounds us and the universe. the gasses, liquids, solids and plasmas(air,water,earth and air) all reastrain any major cunducting of magic, so only a great ammount of power could use that king of magic........oh wow i dragged on....  

nacho 777

chronoramb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:57 am
Magic... that's what everyone is longing for...

However.. several of us dont realize that the true magic is within us already...

and yet we dont notice theseblessings that were given to us. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:46 am
I believe that in some aspects that magic COULD exist in one way or another. I look at it more as a spiritual thing, and not a magical thing. Look at martial arts in the real world. Ki is the prime attribute of spiritual power in the martial arts community, and those who have trained endlessly have managed to harness it in some amazing ways. I suppose that could be considered magic.

Praying and religion could yield magical aspects depending on how you look at.

Of course, magic could always just be dumb luck too.  

Busproof

War Resistance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:35 pm
i think magic is awesome and magic to me is someone with a power or supernatural ability that cannot be explained with scientific logic, as in good magic and black magic. But dont get me wrong i have no pleasure in magic that make harm come to anyone, but i also belive that there is no harm in the study or practice.
but i don't consider love magic but as destiny.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:55 pm
I agree with the first post. Though I do beleive its deeper than that.  

Mushroorm

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:59 pm
I see magic as an extension of our mind and like others here have said a multi-purpose label for things science cannot figure out such as mental projection, interacting with the world around you without physically touching it, or sometimes as what people refer to as deja vu in dreams where you see the day before you wake up so I think magic exists we can use it and that it is rather fun to use it to creep friends out, that's my thoughts on it for the most part.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:54 am
Excuse me for asking this, but do anyone here do magic? Also, I would like to explain something about magic. Magic is what helps the mind and body see true reality, our mind uses only 10% of our potential with everything. So by stating that reality is made from our minds is weird. But magic helps people understand that everything and anything can be done. All life is connected by one thing... to me that is the string that is attached to us by our "Creator" and thats what helps the magic flow, not to mention that all things have a special flow within themselves...

Well thats it... I don't know if you guys will understand, just pm me if you have questions...  

Delmenchio

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:37 pm
it is my view that magick is a tool used to manipulate the subtle energies that connect all life, all nature in order to create a change of some kind. I have no religion really, but I've practiced magick before and much of my philosophical beliefs come from my pagan days.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff