Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!
PC or Mac? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

counter
  +
View Results

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:50 pm
if you are lloking for a stable gaming platform with the accesiblity to the internet as well for the derivers for somany divices or a stable work platform i would recomend a microsoft or mac PC
if you want a safe way to brwose the internet or do other mindless tasks safly i would seggest a linux or mac
if you are going for a cheap platform go for the linux, the other two are way to explensive

this is coming from a complete computer geek  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:33 pm
Personally, I think more people own PCs than MACs. Most new games don't even come for MAC that I'm aware of. They may be, but whatever. I have never used a MAC and never will. Windows is the easiest and "free" thing to get when you buy a PC. That's what most new ones come with.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:41 pm
windows is most used because out of all the stuff on the internet windows can run about 95% of it while macks only about 5% of it, linux can run about half of whats on the intrnet. mainly because windows is cheaper for people and accualy is user friendly unlike linux.... question has anyone seen a vista comercial? i haven't  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:34 pm

You should have said whats better mac or windows... But anyway I know what you meant.

Windows Computers Pro's
MAC's Pro's

-Great For gaming
Does not get Virus
-Great Editing programs

-Does not have retarded useless programs that only slow you down
-Have a lot of RAM(at least most of the time)
-Has a great setup
-They look kool
-They got SAFARI(awesome browser)
-They are cheap

If you do get a window's computer I'd recommend dell xps-210 or the xps-410

normtheclone

Tsuki_Usagi_san

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:53 pm
It all depends on what your doing and how well you do it. I can take parts from a pc and put into a mac easy. I can also recode software to work on a mac. Yet most people aren't like me so... Basically... Mac is for design. Software like Adobe, 3D studio max, designing and graphics. Macs are made to hold alot of memory- mainly pictures for obvious reasons. It also makes it a great gaming computer, but its really hard to find games for mac. Windows is mostly for cheap every day no point use. Surfing internet, typing, making crappy slide shows, projects- unfortunatly thats about all it does- windows sucks for games, or at least in my experience. Linux is one of the best computers, it runs alot, its faster then a windows, it can be pointless or for work, but they are a bit pricey. But if you want to be safe and get the best of both go for Linux.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:09 pm
DI D YOU SAY MACS ARE CHEAP?????????
IF YOU MADE THE BEST MAC YOU CAN MAKE (I HAVE LOOKED THEY ARE EXPENCIVE) YOU DONT GET MUCH AND THEY COST ALMOST 20 GRAND HOW IS THE CHEAP, I CAN MAKE A COMPUTER THAT WHOULD BEAT IT WITH ONLY 8.5 GRAND, THE ONLY REASON MACS DONT GET VIRUS'S IS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THEM DONT THINK THAT IT WILL DO A LOT OF DAMAGE, THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WHY THERE ARE NO VIRUSES THAT ATTACK MACS, AND THERE IS ONLY ABOUT 15% OF THE INTERNET THAT MACS CAN ACCUALY USE ALL OF, NOT TO MENTION THAT 1 IN 1000 GAMES THAT COME ON A DISK CAN WORK ON MACS, AND IM NOT TALKING F INDIVIDUAL DISKS I AM TALKING ABOUT GAMES IN A WHOLE SO 1 OUT OF 1000 GAMES ACCUALY WORKS FOR MACS, AND HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT YOU SEE MAC COMERCIALS EVERY WHERE AND YET FOR A VISTA PRODUCT I HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE COMERCIAL, THE ONLY GOOD THING THEY EVER MADE WAS THE IPOD AND ITUNES OTHER WISE THEE COMPUTERS ARE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

a.shadow.from.the.dark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:36 pm
Either: I use Linux  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:49 am
i just checked on there best computer it has a lot of really good things, but still it isnot worth 20grand  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rouge_Flame

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:48 pm
mac duh not a hard choice  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:44 pm
have you even read what has been said, MACS suck there is no if an or but about it they just flat out suck, the reason the dont get virus's is because nobody makes them for macs, they cost way to much, you cant work on them your self, most stuff comes out for windows, and linux, and it cost way to god damn much for their top of the line, when you can buy an alienware top of the line for about 2 grand cheaper  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

LordHelmchen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:52 am
*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay* for Linux 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:18 am
jus wind0ws... rofl  

Shimohu

Funny Skeleton Bones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:29 am
Both Mac's and Pc's tend to crash. But if you are a gamer (buy computer games) then get a pc, there is more of a selection. I don't know much, but my dad is a computer technition, and he doesnt't like or trust the apple company at all. He has told my why, but I forget. If you want to use softwar e like photoshop and stuff, get a mac. I have never owned a mac, but I have used one many of times. One problem I notice with Macs is that they freeze up a lot. Pc's freeze up to, but not as much as macs. Mac keyboard keys tend to pop off a lot, while after a while, Pc's get stiff. I am trying to think of what else, but I can't think of anything else. XP  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:39 pm
Any is fine really.

I just use a PC because I'm used to it, and it saves compatibility and program problems later.

Mac is fine too. I like the interface and how easy it is to move around windows and stuff  

trusting paranoia

i-Bring-The-sexy back-xX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:07 am
OK BEFORE YOU READ ANY OTHER POST LISTEN
The new Macs are better than P.C.s
The new macs have a feature called Leopard that runs Windows on the Mac. AND GUESS WHAT!!!! WINDOWS RUNS BETTER ON THE MAC!!!
anyway this takes away the only problem from macs that they didn't have enough software to go with them such as games and all that other stuff but now since macs have windows and windows vista THEY ARE DEFIANTLY BETTER!!!! and the person two posts above me is wrong about some stuff. my mac never freezes and i've had it for over a year almost 2 years now and the keys on the keyboard do not pop off. I don't know about the older models but ya.
Just make sure you get Leopard and you'll be fine also the right click on the mac is dumb but you can get regular mouses and they work just make sure they have an USB connector.  
"EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff