Submit

What do u think is after death?
  u get reborn
  u sleep forever
  u live in ur ideal world
View Results

Kachan36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:00 pm
I think that when the brain dies, and the neurons stop firing, the consciousness ceases to exist. Since I think that what we call "the soul" is actually a romanticized view of our individual consciousness, I don't think there is anything after death. Our bodies decay and all the matter and energy that was momentarily organized into a person, disperses and is recycled into other creatures, plants, minerals, etc.

This does not mean that I don't fear death. I don't want to cease being. I just don't fear what comes after death.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:30 pm
another life after death..,which is eternity., biggrin heart  

sharte11

Chahta Ohoyo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:27 am
you come back and do it all over again until you get it right  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:45 am
I think, or rather believe, that I'll just sleep for eternity. Which is good for me since I don't get sleep at all.  

RazzBerrieCharm

Tipsy Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Kyakume

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:29 pm
I believe that after we die we wait in the Summerland until we are reincarnated. And so the cycle will continue over and over and over....

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 am
Calypsophia
I dont believe in the popular ideas of heaven or hell. I think hell is simply separation from the divine (as we are now for the most part) and having to keep coming back til we manage to get it right, and heaven is simply union with the divine (I wont say 'god' because I really have no belief in deity as most of you do) like raindrops reuniting with the ocean. but I dont believe in the idea of reward or punishment...eternal damnation or salvation. I think those are scare tactics and incentives the church came up with to get people to believe. to control the minds of the people is the strongest power one could have in the world.

The idea about separation from the divine is Dante's version of hell for non-Christian (probably non-Catholic), but good, people, who get a chance to be back with God at the end of time.  

Waiting for Lunch

Waiting for Lunch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:32 am
Lao Tzu, the author of the Tao Te Ching, has this to say on death:

"The body comes to its ending,
but there is nothing to fear."

And it's true. I think he was also the one who said that we are our bodies, and that talk of life after death was nonsense. I find it impressive that he would believe both of those things. I was really afraid of death for a while some years ago, but this helped me get over it. There is nothing about death to fear. It's just something else that happens. Maybe you'll see it coming, but even if you do, you--as you are, now--will never experience death. If you believe in an afterlife, it won't be an end. It will just be a transformation, and there's no way to know what it will be like. If you don't believe in an afterlife, you'll never know. Once you've ended, you won't be there to know that you don't exist anymore. If your consciousness doesn't exist, eternity will be faster than any amount of time was when you could count it. At the end of eternity will be another mystery. Maybe time goes in circles--like negative and positive infinity meeting on a graph--and everything would happen again. Even if the afterlife turns out to be miserable and it went on forever, there's the chance of forever itself ending, too. The only thing there is to do is to think about it in every way you know how, and discuss it like we are here. You should try out a couple of your own ideas. Ask more questions. If you're afraid of it because you don't know what it is, you should try to find out what it might be. Talk to people who seem to have gotten over their fears. I think the only thing I'm afraid of now is the possibility of leaving things undone before I go--things that really matter. There's no help for that, though, either. I'm working on getting over that. I think that if one goes towards one's death with as much peace of mind and quiet assurance as one can, whatever happens will not be so bad after all.

There is a Buddhist theory that my father told me of, where our individual lives are like drops of water in a waterfall, separated from the world consciousness by momentum, rocks, wind, etc., and that death is the end of the waterfall, where we all rejoin the stream. Our consciousness would become endless. I rather like that theory.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 am
death is a way of transcending to life immortal. An everlasting glory or damnation. Death means crossing the boundary between temporary and permanent life.  

Lokhen

Ra1k1ra_Kakashi SnJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:31 pm
Although I'm curious as to what would happen after death, it seems as though there's no point worrying about it. Yes, I'm scared of what may happen, but I guess that just something we'll have to deal with. Reincarnation seems useless, since you don't remember your past life, so you're basically an entirely different person living in a different environment to shape a whole new person. If all there is after death is... death, then so be it. The thought sucks, though, but that's why when you're given life, you should make the most of it, considering you have no real idea what happens after death. As for the Heaven and Hell thing... eh... if that's your belief, then believe in it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 am
Raikira_Kakashi SnJ
Although I'm curious as to what would happen after death, it seems as though there's no point worrying about it. Yes, I'm scared of what may happen, but I guess that just something we'll have to deal with. Reincarnation seems useless, since you don't remember your past life, so you're basically an entirely different person living in a different environment to shape a whole new person. If all there is after death is... death, then so be it. The thought sucks, though, but that's why when you're given life, you should make the most of it, considering you have no real idea what happens after death. As for the Heaven and Hell thing... eh... if that's your belief, then believe in it. sweatdrop
I've seen people die, I even there at their death bed. They all confess that though at first they are afraid but they said "when you're done with your purpose and already confess your sins to God and beg for forgiveness" they said "its not that frightful anymore". But I don't know about those sudden death like accidents.  

Lokhen

Bluey son

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:21 pm
Huh  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:41 pm
Don't be afraid of what you don't know, and especially not at a young age. You'll have time to worry when the time comes. ;3 I do not believe that there exists an afterlife. When you die, you are put to an eternal sleep. That's why it's important to accept it when you know you're gonna die, instead of worrying and hanging onto life.  

dgfhjkjhf

Dylanthevyllan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:33 pm
I say we wait and see.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items