Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do the words "I love you" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

courplesthebest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:56 pm
i only say i love you topeople i actually hold dear to me and i say it like i mean it every time thats the only way i believe it should be said!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:47 am
I love you can still mean a lot. it just depends on if the person means it with all their heart or if they're just saying it to make you happy. the less you say it the more it retains it's value. I say it to my boyfriend multiple times each day and even though we both mean it with all our hearts we both admit to wishing there was a better way to express it now that it seems to have lost his value.

*adds on*: damn, I remember the first time we said it to each other. it was late at night and my parents weren't home so I was super happy to have him there and the whole house to ourselves. so I went bolting through the house laughing and he was trying to catch me and he tried to tackle me to the couch but we fell on the floor and he totally tickled the crap out of me. then without really thinking I just said it with all my heart and I was immediately scared he wouldn't say it back but he did whee then we just lay there and cuddled heart so it still has a lot of meaning 3nodding  

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Infectious Bowel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:20 pm
The words "I love you" mean everything to me.

The people I'm closest to, who I trust and depend on, are the only ones I will ever use it for. I don't hear it much directed toward myself, so I know people don't place a lot of meaning on the word (either that or me) anymore. XD

It makes me sad that it's so overused.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:38 am
CynthiaDS
Do the words "I love you" mean anything to you?

When I hear those words, I find that the people who say them do not say them like they mean them. But, how much meaning do those three words hold to you guys?

And what do they mean to you?

what they mean to me depends on who it's coming from.

for example, I've talked to guys online who after only a week or two start telling me they love me. sorry, but those people dont know what love is. you cant fall in love.. true love.. with anyone that quickly and having only typed to them and perhaps saw a pic. they may be in love with their idea of what I represent to them, but they dont know the real me, couldnt know the real me at that point, and dont truly love me.

now, coming from people who DO know me... my husband, best friend, child, mother... people who not only say it, but back up their words with actions.. it means the whole world to me.  

Calypsophia

Carlos_cano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:41 pm
well....
this is interesting for me answer, cuz u see
im from argentina and my main language is spanish
and in spanish "i love u" means 2 differents things, it can be
"te quiero" or
"te amo"

and "te quiero" means a love like, friends or family
and "te amo" means a deeper love like a couple, or a very close family.
and referring on what does "i love u" mean to me, depends on who says it.
u see, for example, if my mom says "i love u" i just say "i love u too" without thinking on it.
but if someone else says it, like for example, a friend from school, it touches me more cuz im not used to it.
do i make myself clear more or less? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:55 pm
the words "I love you" mean absolutely nothing to me. I've attempted to refrain from using them as much as possible, but since it no longer means anything to me I find my self saying it more and more and not meaning it. It's one of those things where people have destroyed what used to be sacred, and what used to be valued more than anythinf else. Now love is something you say to get what you want...  

Mask of Azgalath

silver_reaver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:09 pm
Cynthia DS
The words I love you have much meaning to me. I get mad when I see people saying it all the time for no reason what so ever, but I only say it when I mean it. I say it to my family, to only my closest friends and hardly ever to them, but also, very rarely, to my gf. The words mean so much to me and I have only ever been told that with full meaning by my ex.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:52 am
"I love you" are words, which shouldn't be spoken too oftenm to save their value, but don't drop it completely, that proves you not worthy enough for this love...  

Verderbnis

Sprockette

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:26 pm
Those words mean everything to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:45 pm
To me it depends on the way they are said and who says them to you to know if they really have meaning or not.  

FallenAngel_67676

angelfire_krys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:28 pm
When I say "I love you," I mean it.

Sometimes it does have more meaning, as in I will say I love you tomy family but when I say I love you to my friends it's alittle bit different. It's still love in everyway. When I do find someone that I can say I love you to (and hopefully for a long time, or the rest of our lives), of course I mean it. Love is too powerful to kid about.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:56 pm
The words retain meaning to me, I'm afraid of using them though...  

Aubrey of the sliver line

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:39 am
The problem is, that love is used pretty inflationary.

Send love, give love, find love...

All over the internet, supermarket, grocery. I don't need such services. These three words were rarely spoken by me, because I reserve them for the only one. I love my friends, but I don't say it like "I love you", I say it more like "You are really someone important to me", to state clearly where they stand for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:12 pm
KaguraOfTheWind
Sadly, like many words, they have been so overused and confused with other things that they have very little meaning anymore.

I agree with this. While "I love you" would stir my heart if my gf said it. It's good if your in a relationship and "I love You" is backed up by careing, compassion, patientntces, and all that. "I love You" are words to enforce what you should already feel and be acting.  

BluePod

Soren Kaelar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:46 pm
To me, love doesn't even exist anymore, so I don't even use those three little words.

Then again, I'm only speaking from personal experience, plus I'm somewhat depressed right now, so overlook me. >>  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff