God. Maybe
  I don't know.
  No god. Maybe.
  No god. Definitely.
  I don't care.
View Results

Kachan36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:35 am
I think all things supernatural (including deities) are creations of the human imagination. When we don't understand something, we find a way to rationalize its existence. That's why deities always come in the forms of humans or animals. We can't imagine any other type of being because we don't know of any.

I don't think there actually is a god who created us in his image. I think we simply evolved this way. Then, when our brains grew big enough and complex enough for us to be conscious of ourselves, we started wondering why we were conscious of ourselves. We decided that someone must have made us that way. We didn't know of any other way that we could have gotten here. Humans are pretty self-centered in general. It is difficult for us to think that we were created by chance, so we created divinities to give ourselves purpose.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:30 pm
R=f+e

Religion=Fear + Ego.

Fear-Is this all there is? After this a vast nothing?This is it?

Ego-No. An intelligent being such as myself can't just die. There must be something more for me.

We humans are a very unstable race.  

werebunny131

Dabbling Regular

15,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200

sirius black lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:48 am
the term god means something different to everyone in the world but if you believe in a god or gods, then they exist. if you dont believe in any higher power, well then i guess you rule your own fate  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:19 pm
There is a God, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit whee  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:21 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:36 pm
I say no. I see no reason to believe otherwise, no evidence to the contrary, and I was taught not to believe in something without reason or evidence.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:08 am
well, I feel there has GOT to be something that created everything. the way that nature (without the interference of human beings) works, is just far too perfect to all be one big coensidence.

In my case, I believe in God, and in other religions, there is other explainations. I dont claim that my belief is any more valid than any other, but I do say that the very science (evolution, laws of nature, laws of physics, reproduction, etc...) which so many athiests use to prove god wrong, is in fact the greatest proof that there IS something higher.

oh, and Ophelianime.....
lets give a wee bit of proof and discussion here. just claiming "There is a God, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit" isnt really saying anything more than when an athiest posts "there is no god, it is all made up bullshit, christians are stupid!". It doesnt really help......  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:45 pm
User Image

True, but think who created the universe? Who made People? Only 79% of Christains today accutaully believe in Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit, and God the Almighty. I'm a strong believe that there is a Christ, Holy Spirit and a God. I'm even friends with an Atheist. It doesn't matter if you believe or not it's if you accept it.

I Support Yaoi

sakura-haruno-sister

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:02 pm
azrael the reaper
well, I feel there has GOT to be something that created everything. the way that nature (without the interference of human beings) works, is just far too perfect to all be one big coensidence.

Here's the thing though: with evolution, the system (biosphere) naturally starts out simple (one-celled plant-like organisms) and develops over millions and millions of years into more and more complex organisms such as we see in the world today. Since the organisms in an environment evolve on the same timeline, they naturally evolve to coexist.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:43 pm
Nemesis Erinys
azrael the reaper

Here's the thing though: with evolution, the system (biosphere) naturally starts out simple (one-celled plant-like organisms) and develops over millions and millions of years into more and more complex organisms such as we see in the world today. Since the organisms in an environment evolve on the same timeline, they naturally evolve to coexist.

but how did things just evolve the traits needed to survive? If there was no intelligent force behind it, I doubt things would have adapted so well. I feel that it was designed by a higher being. maybe god, maybe not, but still something.....  

azrael the reaper_95210

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:41 pm
azrael the reaper
Nemesis Erinys
azrael the reaper

but how did things just evolve the traits needed to survive? If there was no intelligent force behind it, I doubt things would have adapted so well. I feel that it was designed by a higher being. maybe god, maybe not, but still something.....

That's something I don't have enough information off the top my head to answer. However, I think more research on evolution could give you some valuable insight.

Besides, just because you can't explain it with what you know now, doesn't mean it has to have supernatural sources.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:18 pm
I believe there is a God, this is based on my experiences and what I've observed about humanity, nature, and coincidence. While I'm not going to yell at someone for not believing in God, I'm going to say it's a trifle silly to say there is NO God. To say there isn't one, you owuld have to know everything about everything. For me to say there is, I only have to know one thing. Example. You say there's no rice in China - you would have to know every inch of china to say this, for me to say there IS rice in china, I would only have to see a single rice paddy.

So believe what you may, but I believe there's a God, and hat he's very much real and involved in the world and in my life.  

Tarantellatears

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:35 pm
thestarthatshines
I believe there is a God, this is based on my experiences and what I've observed about humanity, nature, and coincidence. While I'm not going to yell at someone for not believing in God, I'm going to say it's a trifle silly to say there is NO God. To say there isn't one, you owuld have to know everything about everything. For me to say there is, I only have to know one thing. Example. You say there's no rice in China - you would have to know every inch of china to say this, for me to say there IS rice in china, I would only have to see a single rice paddy.

So believe what you may, but I believe there's a God, and hat he's very much real and involved in the world and in my life.

It's true, most people would deem it unwise to say "there is no god" as a factual statement. However, one can say that there is no evidence of a god so it is logical to assume that there isn't one.

I'm curious, what has made you believe there is a god?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 am
Verderbnis

That's what I mean, the Bible, Koran and Thora are claimed by their followers to be "god's word", but the fact that the bible needed nearly 700 years to become what it is now, makes me think about it. Anyways, every line in the holy writings gets negated at another point. For example: All three (Christianity, Jewism and Islam) religions pretend not to be murderous, but also command their members to spread their belief by the sword.

I have to point this out. I've read the Bible -New and Old Testiment --the Old Testiment is what Jews live by, and New is what Christians live by--- and where in there does it say that we need to 'spread [the] belief by the sword'. I have not read in there once that this is what we must do. And Jews and Christians alike will tell you that the Commandment is "Thou shalt not murder" There is a difference between murdering something, and killing it.

DvnT

sedo_mare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:32 pm
I am a person that believes the Theory of Evolution, but i do believe that something put us on Earth, but whether its the figure god which almost every religion circles around, or something else, i don't know  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff