Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Vampires. Do you believe in the beings of night? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esme Eames

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 pm
I think anything is possible. The vampire I think is mostly likely to appear is like out of Scott Westerfeld's Peeps and Last Days. If you haven't read them, I recommend you do. It gives a completely different spin on vampirism.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:59 pm
I do not believ that they exist or do not exist. Creatures of the night cannot be proven nonexistent or existing. I have multiple encounters with creatures of the night. I can argue that is was my own imagination, or I can argue that it was real.  

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Saint Black the Morbid

1,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:18 pm
I had been under the impression, that Sanguinarians, and Psy's, coincide with each other.
Both can learn to 'feed' like the other, but are dependent on the basic need they were awakened to.
sanguinarius.org is good site for learning more about those things.

But yes, I believe, and belong, to the so called, 'vampire community'.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:28 pm
I do believe in Vampires however I do not believe in the hollywood movie star kind of vampire, because well... hollywood exaggerates about 99% of their films.. which is i guess required for films.

I also sometimes believe that I myself take on some kind of vampiric lifestyle.. as in... craving a taste for blood... but... I don't see myself as a ligit vampire.

although.. i think vampires are pretty kickass... soo... if any want to hangout sometime that'd be awesome lol.  

zfirezdancerz666

Saint Black the Morbid

1,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:37 pm
We vampires, are actually pretty normal. Not everyone goes all 'goth' or whatever. So do not expect all of us to wear chains and spikes, some (not me) wear A&E crap.
But, there are a few guilds on gaia you could join if your interested in meeting and learning about us.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 pm
Saint Black the Morbid
We vampires, are actually pretty normal. Not everyone goes all 'goth' or whatever. So do not expect all of us to wear chains and spikes, some (not me) wear A&E crap.
But, there are a few guilds on gaia you could join if your interested in meeting and learning about us.

I know that vampires are like normal people and not all dress gothy.... i mean i hope i wasn't making it seem like i was defining them as that. I apologize if i offended anyone by that.
I do know that they aren't all.. decked out in chains or whatever.
but I'll look up some of the guilds for it.. thank you =]  

zfirezdancerz666

Saint Black the Morbid

1,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm
Sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:27 pm
Okay, I have this english teacher. She is fairly pale, I think she was sickly as a child, and has piercing blue eyes. Her hair is orange now, but it was blond last year, so we dont know its real color. She almost never has the lights on in her room, instead going with a few lamps. According to freinds, when she goes outside, she is usually fairly covered. We suspect she is a vampire. What kind is she, and could that be proved(ie mirrior, garlic) without staking her, which would kill her if she was human anyway?? PM me if you would know.  

mothfurry

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:08 pm
I have a few beliefs on them, I believe waaaaaaay back in time where there were tribes and stuff. There could of been tribes who fed on blood ,because they believed it gave them energy, or immortality or whatever (Like the stories of eating hearts to be stronger or other organs for uses ect.) and the stories have been told and passes down ,of beast (looking like humans) that eat blood.

ALSO
there was a girl who believes i was (the aura feeding vampire) a vampire XD cause most days when i'm very energetic and happy ,other people are sad and tired. She was very into me and watched me at school (It was a little creepy at first but i got used to it) cause usually about once a week i would come to school and be hyper and happy ,while people were down ,and i would usually sleep and be lazy the rest of the days or semi-hyper. I don't really think I'm that kind of Vampire (I wouldn't intentionally feed off peoples emotions..) I tried teling her this ,but she believes I do it without my knowing XD (Just a funny story to tell people ,if anyone else thinks i'm one then whatever I don't eat people ...but i've tasted blood btw and ish good[from like a paper cut and stuff] :3..)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:15 pm
ok some of the other post i just read started to mess with my head sweatdrop .. like i'm the same as being pale and hurt by the sun (within 30 mins i'm burnt) and I've only drunk my own blood because i didn't have a banaid (And i wasn't really willing to bleed crazy all over the desk) and i'll admit it tasted good lol ,but i really don't have a urge to suck the life out of people redface ...  

MindxHunter

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:36 pm
i do believe in the psychic vampire a little bit, but not the other vampires you described. because theres no humans that depend on other people's blood to live, its really impossible if you really think about it, because blood contains diseases and such, and every human's blood is different and contains something, and if the "unique" kind of humans that needs blood to survive sucks other people's blood, then they could eaisily get infected, and most likely die.
the reason why i believe in the psychic vampire is because the idea of them seems more bearable, more realistic. but i do not believe in them completely, because scientifically, i don't think that any humans can possibly feed on other human's emotions, it just doesn't work. and even if they exist, they would not be called vampires, because they're not.
even though i do not believe in vampires, i still hope that the good kind of vampires (the cullens) exist. because they're soo cool, and amazing.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:18 pm
Abrien Sliver
Vampires have always been a bit of an interesting topic so I want to see if people in 'Why not?' believe in them. So do you? and if so what kind? the classic one? the new hollywood breed or the one I personally believe in the 'unique' human who has a dependancy on blood and is sensitve but not mortally wounded by intense light. Holy objects do nothing and they are reflective. while typically pale they do not have to be, and they most likely will have no sort of fangs.
Also there is the Psychic Vampire who feeds on emotional energy or aura. I tend to strongly believe in those...

Pretty much I fit your first version.I hate to sound like I'm some "emo/goth" kid who wants to be all 3lite Vampirez or something, but I have teeth that are sharp, I like blood(probably because my grandma made my mom some kind of blood dish when she was pregnant...you know cravings and all) I am sensitive to light....It hurts my eyes bad and it heats me up fast,but it dosn't make me scream and burn up to a crisp.....it just irritates me.Yeah, I have yet to actually meet someone who falls into the category like me.As for the pale skin, I have natural tan.....the effect of a Pinoy father and a white/part Italian mother.I don't know, maybe I fall into a more of animal-istic human! dramallama  

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:19 pm
killerclownmeat
Abrien Sliver
Vampires have always been a bit of an interesting topic so I want to see if people in 'Why not?' believe in them. So do you? and if so what kind? the classic one? the new hollywood breed or the one I personally believe in the 'unique' human who has a dependancy on blood and is sensitve but not mortally wounded by intense light. Holy objects do nothing and they are reflective. while typically pale they do not have to be, and they most likely will have no sort of fangs.
Also there is the Psychic Vampire who feeds on emotional energy or aura. I tend to strongly believe in those...

Pretty much I fit your first version.I hate to sound like I'm some "emo/goth" kid who wants to be all 3lite Vampirez or something, but I have teeth that are sharp, I like blood(probably because my grandma made my mom some kind of blood dish when she was pregnant...you know cravings and all) I am sensitive to light....It hurts my eyes bad and it heats me up fast,but it dosn't make me scream and burn up to a crisp.....it just irritates me.Yeah, I have yet to actually meet someone who falls into the category like me.As for the pale skin, I have natural tan.....the effect of a Pinoy father and a white/part Italian mother.I don't know, maybe I fall into a more of animal-istic human! dramallama

I fall into your category, but I am pale. I like blood for other reasons, and my teeth I really can't explain lol. MY veiw on vampires have completely changed, and I finally know hehe  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:43 pm
I think that the Hollywood version is completely unrealistic, (and don't even mention twillight *dies*) I think it is possible that people exist that can be classified as sang or psi vampires, but it's hard to tell (especially online) when there are so many people wanting to be different and unique, thinking "ZOMG I'm pale! I must be a vampire!" I've never come in contact with a vampire, therefore I don't feel that I have any real reason except because I want to, if anyone has any proof I'd love to hear it.  

DarkHyacinth

Vakna

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:44 pm
Nerevar Fatehand
I don't believe in vampires per se but there is a disease very similar to vamprism known as poryphic hemophilia which causes a need for nutrients provided by the consumption of blood and they tend to be on the healthy side with constantly deteriorating well being without a decent supply of nutrients found in blood(Iron and such) so vampires not so much people afflicted with a disease making them similar to vampires yes.

Copying Oblivion? Eh.

Personally, no, I don't believe in vampires.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff