Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Series that fail. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilac_the_cat

Wealthy Gaian

5,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:13 pm
LOL TENCHI MASAKI
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Everything just angers me. Most of the fourth-gen Pokemon are ugly, pretty much no female character wants to battle in Gyms, Ash's voice magically got higher, Dawn's a meatball, and Team Rocket just isn't badass anymore.

Tenchi in Tokyo: It's probably weird that someone with a cosplay account would be saying this, but dear Lord did it fail. Sakuya was annoying, the story behind Tenchi's sword was completely changed, the sword itself just looked stupid, and the main villian turned out to be a little girl. The hell was that all about?

One Piece: It copied the manga verbatim. Well, it almost did, except for that "Zolo" nonsense they had going on.

BoBoBovhaasjfkajkfghkg: Nose hair is disturbing enough, but it's even worse when you use it as a weapon. Plus, it just makes no sense. Excel Saga is about where I draw the "lolwut?" line.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Ooh, aah, a card game. DAZZLING! rolleyes

Bakugan: It's just a poor man's Yu-Gi-Oh!, starring cleverly modified versions of characters from other anime.

Inuyasha: It just drags on and on forever. And that means a billion battle scenes where people just scream names. Anybody who's seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show can just yell "Janet!" to make it interesting. Also, Kagome's a moron who has no clue how to shoot an arrow. Seriously, you should have at most three fingers on the string.

I agree on Bobobojdfjkddjafs and Bakugan  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:02 pm
First!
Inuyasha:
It NEVER ENDS. ;-; Every episode the same, too. It loops, it repeats. It's annoying.
Although it is creative...it could have been a lot shorter and a hell of a lot better if there was more thought put into it.
For one: WHY DOESN'T KAGOME WEAR JEANS OR SOMETHING PROTECTIVE WHEN GOING TO FEUDAL JAPAN?! God...
Also, the characters are cliché after cliché, you usually always see the ending of an episode, etc.
I feel sorry for the creator. I hear even SHE said it was too long. Poor lady had to keep drawing more and more for them and she couldn't stop. ;-; Reason I think it's scary to become a manga drawer.

Next one!
Naruto:

Again, no ending. Most of the episodes aren't even with the storyline. ******** fillers.
After the dubbing it has been whored to all hell and assraped multiple times...The failing is more for the dub version on toonami. s**t needs to just lay down and die already.
Although the giant foam shurikens they sell are fun as hell.

Third!
Dragonball series

AGAIN WITH NO ENDING! scream
Also, no thought process into some of the stuff.
The dubs are pretty ******** horrible...Plus the new ones are just riding on the fame and love of the last series before it....

But I still liked the original manga.

Fourth!
Lucky Star

I should probably say that I absolutely love Hirano Aya and her characters that she plays...
And that I love the intro song.
...but the whole thing has no point! D<
I realize all it is really is just an anime based off of 4 panels, so what can you do?

There are probably tons more I could insult and pick a apart...but I choose to read through all your posts in the most recents...

And Ryoruki, I LIKE Zetsubou Sensei. The show is good and creative. I think it's freakin' hilarious. *slap*

And do silly-love-songs: JAPAN IS RANDOM. Get freakin' used to it. Bobobo and FLCL are good. And Ash always won AFTER LOSING first. scream
*slap slap* Christ...  

kairi_angel

Thanks 4 All the Fish

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:11 pm
I used to love the Harry Potter series.. but the last book was so badly written that I vowed never to read anything having to do with it again. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 pm
Quote:
And Ryoruki, I LIKE Zetsubou Sensei. The show is good and creative. I think it's freakin' hilarious. *slap*

I second the slap, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is probably my favorite anime of the last few years (that and Speed Grapher) Though it does push the random envelope a bit in the second season.

For me all the Hack series (dot and sign) are massive fails. Boring from start to finish.
The English dub for Bleach is also a massive fail. Makes my ears bleed.  

shadowycat

Keira_Rockbell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 am
DancingCherryBerry
Fondu-sama
I can't believe I'm going to say this..

Peach Girl:
I mean, c'mon! D: The main person was a complete and utter retard and I can't even contemplate the stupidity of the idiots surrounding.

Inuyasha:
There's too many rabid fans of this show writing fanfics of 'InuKag, SessInu, SangoxMiroku' Gimme a break!! The story is pretty boring.

Turning to the GOOD bits of anime I find hilarious.
Naruto. [[A partial amount of Shippuden. I'm all for serious-buisness.]]
Bobobo. [[Random = Win. Plot or not.]]
Fullmetal Alchemist. [[ I'm so sad that it ended.

What she said... xd I agree with every word you said.

Agree...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:44 pm
The crap-tastical Pokemon anime, totally ruined the series, and that was before the Game Boy Advance games that ruined the series came in. (that series is so ruined. Let us pine for it.)
The equally crap-tastical Naruto,(What? I never liked it. So sue me!)
and the worst of them all.....Didn't even get through it's first season...
Wait for it.....
Wait....
Pilot Canidate. Please, for your sanity, take my word for it.

Everything else has it's good points and bad points.  

Stanfacedeactivated

Fashasha565

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:34 pm
Zatenai

Bo Bo Bo

That series was a EPIC FAIL i mean im all for randomness but it never goes with the story it strays away back to the story then it strays away again. plus its not really that funny

I could not agree more, I have hate this series since the first episode. Nothing in it makes ANY sense.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:30 pm
kairi_angel
Fourth!
Lucky Star

I should probably say that I absolutely love Hirano Aya and her characters that she plays...
And that I love the intro song.
...but the whole thing has no point! D<
I realize all it is really is just an anime based off of 4 panels, so what can you do?

You do realize that one of the most popular shows of all time, Seinfeld, was according to it's own tagline "about nothing".  

KaguraOfTheWind

kairi_angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:11 pm
I do realize.
And I realize Lucky Star is a well known and popular show.

However...I just think they could have done more with it.
._.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:44 pm
Bobobobobo- Just No. <.<

Wolf's Rain- Ending didn't make any sense AT all?

l cece l

Midnight_dragon03

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:58 pm
Utawarerumono
Ok liked it but damn that was not a good ending at all I mean was Elulu(sorry if misspelled) a distant relative or something come on.
Berserk: Again disappointing ending I never read the manga so I was hoping it would tell the whole story umm no and then they don't make anymore totally bumed about that
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo:Put a gun to my head. I think that explains enough.
Saiyuki:Get to damn India already!
Princess Tutu:Name in itself says it all.
Air TV:What the hell is with these sad endings. Are they trying to depress us.

Alas I have more but too many to list but as to the comment about wolfs rain totally agree with you. Ending made no sense at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:02 pm
Bohemian Polka
Whatever the last season of Tenchi Muyo was = FAIL

Tenchi in Tokyo or GXP?  

Poor Tenchi

Steadfast Survivor

RedSpade11

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:18 am
Tokusatsu StuntMan
Bleach - For being yuyu hakusho meets FF7. Guy with blonde spiky hair and rediculously large sword meets a girl with impossibly large breasts and they go adventuring into the afterlife where they meet hundreds of characters that don't really need to exist to portray the idea the writers are trying to get across. I realize both yuyu hakusho and bleach are both based off of some combination of japanese myth and old religion, but there was no reason for bleach to use the actual term 'spirit gun', which I recall hearing in one episode.

Inuyasha - While not being entirely terrible towards the beginning of the series, as it went on, and on, and on, I think we all came to one realization. This series is going absolutely nowhere. It seems that the only reason the show had continued would be to make rabid fans of the show go completely crazy, and write a fanfic for each little moment that Inuyasha gets somewhere within 5 feet of Kagome. Every once in awhile, they would have an episode which had a definite 'final battle' feel. Only to find out that it wasn't really Naraku. Instead, they just killed, but some puppet made from Naraku's left testicle, or something lame like that.

While I agree with you on Inuyasha (with it's overused formula and Mary-Sueish main character that ruins everything), I would have to only half agree with you on Bleach. Yes the initial plot does have a lot in common with Yu Yu Hakusho, they branch out from that almost completely.
1.) Ichigo isn't really that blonde, more of a strawberry blonde.
2.) I don't exacltly get where you got the big-breasted girl part from. Sure, a small amount of girls in the series have giant boobs, but not the girl who gave Ichigo power.
3.) I may have never played Final Fantasy, but if you haven't noticed, big swords are nothing new in the world of anime and manga.
4.)To go into detail about the differences between YYH and Bleach, I feel even though they admittedly do share certain core features (concepts of the afterlife, supernatural entities, etc.) YYH seems to have less rescues and focuses on tournaments and 'save the world from some threat'. Bleach also seems to have more to do with rescue missoins and differnt spiritual races.
And that's all I have to say... for now. twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:44 am
Green Green was definite fail, as well as Red Garden, in my opinion.  

Arashi Yanagawa

Blazing Buster

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 pm
shadowycat
Quote:

I second the slap, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is probably my favorite anime of the last few years (that and Speed Grapher) Though it does push the random envelope a bit in the second season.

For me all the Hack series (dot and sign) are massive fails. Boring from start to finish.
The English dub for Bleach is also a massive fail. Makes my ears bleed.

there are three .hack series.
SIGN, ROOTS, and Legend of the Twilight.
and SIGN and ROOTS are good, they put some thought into them, but Legend of the Twilight is SiegFAIL.
Lupin III Abridged reference!
all-right!  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games