Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abortion?
  Yes
  No
View Results

LadyJadeBlaze

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:00 am
I agree with abortion during the first trimester only (I am completely against partial birth abortions, except in life/death situations). However, I do not agree with it as a form of birth control. That's what the pill, condoms, and a multitude of other options are for.

At this stage of my life (adult and married), if I were to become pregnant, I would keep the child. My husband and I are living paycheck to paycheck as it is, but we would manage somehow. However, ten years ago when I was a teenager still, I can't say for certain what I would have done. I'd like to say I wouldn't, but without having to be in that situation, it's hard to say.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:09 pm
i think its wrong and sick i mean they r still living humans and if u didnt want 2 have it and u were forced put it up 4 adoption or get ur moms help if u werent do the same exact thing but seriously if u new how they r able 2 kill it b4 its born u would b against it 2  

i heart me34

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:42 pm
"Her body, her choice" is how I view it. While I personally think it's a bit disgusting and I will hopefully never have cause to get an abortion, I could never say that another woman can't have one just because I don't want to have one. One of my best friends and one of the most amazing people I know has had 2 abortions and I think no less of her for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:59 pm
I will never personally have an abortion, just because I believe that the baby deserves a shot at life. However, it is a PERSONAL decision. So if someone wants to have an abortion, it IS their choice to do so. We have no real say in if someone should or shouldn't have an abortion.  

SillyPhilly1

dcabsdkjabhkjdfa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:44 pm
ok so imma try 2 do this w/out gettin pissed

so...fetuses no mater what should be born no matter what
if the mother is in danger that usually only happens in the 4 an final trimester...when the baby can be born with a Cecarian scection (C section)

an if the mother does not want to keep the baby pre-aranged
adoption is the best because then the baby has a home an parents who want to keep it no matter what im not sayin that the mothers who give up the baby are bad mothers at all

you know what i was adopted an my mother who was 16 despite what her mother wanted she gave birth to me an she loved me so much she wouldnt let me out of her sight untill she got to hand me to my parents
an i cant wait untill i get to meet her at 18 so i can thank her because she was willing to ruin her relationship with her mother just so she could give life to me

so i hope this changes all of your minds because this is all true  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:45 pm
an if you ever wanna go to heaven abortion isnt the way  

dcabsdkjabhkjdfa

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:26 pm
XxSaRaHlOvEsYoUxX

if the mother is in danger that usually only happens in the 4 an final trimester...when the baby can be born with a Cecarian scection (C section)

adoption is the best because then the baby has a home an parents who want to keep it no matter what im not sayin that the mothers who give up the baby are bad mothers at all

you know what i was adopted an my mother who was 16 despite what her mother wanted she gave birth to me an she loved me so much she wouldnt let me out of her sight untill she got to hand me to my parents
an i cant wait untill i get to meet her at 18 so i can thank her because she was willing to ruin her relationship with her mother just so she could give life to me

I don't think your argument covers every possible situation. You say that EVERY fetus should be allowed to reach full term, but what about the victims of rape or incest? Should a woman who had no intention of having sex or a baby be forced to carry the fetus to term? Personally, I think that's a very cruel expectation.

I would like to hear your explanation of why you are against abortion. You've stated a couple of alternatives, but not really explained your reasoning.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:50 am
Of course children have a right to life. What I'm saying is that in any case, the mother can choose to abort or have the child whether or not it's actually the right thing to do.

Believe me, I'd love that there'd be no circumstances where abortion is necessary. But there may be health issues or the mother won't be a good mother, etc.All babies should have a chance at life, but that doesn't always happen. I'm not saying it's right to abort, but it's not my body. If I get pregnant in the future -for whatever reason- I might change my mind.

That being said, you should look at it depending on the situation. And women who like sex a lot should think of birth control. Pregnancy should be a gift, not torture or punishment. It's common sense, if you like sex and don't want a child, use contraceptives.  

Musik des Mondes

Hygienic Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:14 pm
XxSaRaHlOvEsYoUxX

Perhaps according to your religion, but what about people belonging to other religions? Or people who have no religion?

A religious perspective may be reason enough for YOU not to get an abortion, but in a country where there is a legal separation of church and state, laws cannot be built upon religious fundamentals.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:03 pm
A woman has the right to make her own decisions about her body, and if she doesn't want to have a child, then that's her choice. Anyway, when the abortion takes place, the foetus is so underdeveloped, it couldn't possibly feel it.  

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:09 pm
Nemesis Erinys
XxSaRaHlOvEsYoUxX

Perhaps according to your religion, but what about people belonging to other religions? Or people who have no religion?

A religious perspective may be reason enough for YOU not to get an abortion, but in a country where there is a legal separation of church and state, laws cannot be built upon religious fundamentals.

Morally, l agree with you. But, l'm going to have to disappoint you, and say that the first legal system was ecclesiastical, and we are so wrapped up in tradition that we're never going to change. And to the guy who said abortion won't get you into heaven: l'd rather burn in hell than end up stuck for eternity with a bunch of sacrimonious christians such as yourself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:16 pm
Quote:

To: sarahlovesyou.

Foetus, you dork.
You can only have 3 TRImesters, you imbecile.
Caesarian section, you moron.
Do you even know what you're talking about?  

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:20 pm
kylpaulus
i think its wrong and sick i mean they r still living humans and if u didnt want 2 have it and u were forced put it up 4 adoption or get ur moms help if u werent do the same exact thing but seriously if u new how they r able 2 kill it b4 its born u would b against it 2

That's the whole point of abortion. Besides, it's not really a living being at that point in time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:08 pm
I don't really care either way. I think its up to the parents, though it raises alot of moral issues. The whole, is it right to kill them debate. Just like the death sentence in US prisons. What if they really were innocent?  

Siren Avalon

Invisible Hunter

12,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

dcabsdkjabhkjdfa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:41 am
Nemesis Erinys
XxSaRaHlOvEsYoUxX

I don't think your argument covers every possible situation. You say that EVERY fetus should be allowed to reach full term, but what about the victims of rape or incest? Should a woman who had no intention of having sex or a baby be forced to carry the fetus to term? Personally, I think that's a very cruel expectation.

I would like to hear your explanation of why you are against abortion. You've stated a couple of alternatives, but not really explained your reasoning.

first off its wrong
second its murder
if i were to kill you because you were born out of rape dont you think that would be wrong
its the same thing
an she souldnt be forced but i think she should chose to do the right thing an carry it  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff