Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Continuing to get everything. (suggestions on team building) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the plan on completing data for the Sinnoh Dex before working on the national Dex, absurd?
  Or just well planned?
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:00 pm
Nadian
wellwisher
Updated sort of.
if anyone has any evolution stones, spare soothe bells, evolution items, I'm interested. but not in the market at the current moment.
Oh, I'm also looking for 3 more leftovers, I'm a greedy person.

Are you wanting a total of 6? (There is one you can find in-game after obtaining the National Dex.)
Well, with pickup theres always a rare chance of finding them....
So, just getting 6 pokemon that know pickup leveled up to 100 raises the chances of getting more leftovers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm
Finally got back into the subforum.
and really, nothings changed.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:35 pm
There's one in the game that you can find. If you've got five badges and can use surf, it's on that route east of Pastoria (Route 213.) From the beach, you basically surf south and explore the rocky area.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:21 pm
Nadian
There's one in the game that you can find. If you've got five badges and can use surf, it's on that route east of Pastoria (Route 213.) From the beach, you basically surf south and explore the rocky area.
I wish I had known this earlier. I've gotten so many Skull fossils while searching for a water stone in the underground.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:04 pm
wellwisher
Nadian
I wish I had known this earlier. I've gotten so many Skull fossils while searching for a water stone in the underground.

Yeah, sorry it didn't occur to me to mention that. sweatdrop

I think there's at least one of each stone in the game save for a Moon Stone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Nadian
wellwisher
Nadian

Yeah, sorry it didn't occur to me to mention that. sweatdrop

I think there's at least one of each stone in the game save for a Moon Stone.
that's fine, I've got like 4 moon stones already....  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:06 pm
In-game locations of Dark Stones?
besides the Galactic Warehouse where there's one, Victory road, where there's one. and the pickup Ability.

I mean, otherwise I could use a Zigzagoon, Aipom, Meowth, Phanpy, and Teddiursa to create a pickup team for some quick and large quantities of items in hopes of getting the appropriate ones that I want.

No, I don't want to just get traded Dark Stones, (and eventually Light and Shiny.) Pickup would be better, or other locations in the game to locate these stones.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:21 pm
wellwisher
besides the Galactic Warehouse where there's one, Victory road, where there's one. and the pickup Ability.

I mean, otherwise I could use a Zigzagoon, Aipom, Meowth, Phanpy, and Teddiursa to create a pickup team for some quick and large quantities of items in hopes of getting the appropriate ones that I want.

No, I don't want to just get traded Dark Stones, (and eventually Light and Shiny.) Pickup would be better, or other locations in the game to locate these stones.

I'll check when I get home, but the vast majority of my Dusk Stones come from the fact that Pachirisu was a devoted member of my pokemon team for a long time and he has Pickup.  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:18 pm
Nadian
wellwisher

I'll check when I get home, but the vast majority of my Dusk Stones come from the fact that Pachirisu was a devoted member of my pokemon team for a long time and he has Pickup.
I see.
(Hence the thought of a pickyp Team.

I've been looking carefully at the pickup item chances at different levels.
and it looks like what I want....
would be a level: 11-20, 21-30, and the rest 91-100
since there's a 10% chance of having an item after any battle, it would be easy to accumulate the appropriate items through Item farming. (the rest can be sold for some scratch for more Dusk balls, which I think are the best buyable pokeball, and the second best pokeball in the game...masterball is number one, who guessed something else???)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:20 pm
Update: of the 151 for the Sinnoh Dex, I have a whopping 135 seen, and 118 obtained.
I know that my national dex has 61 entries in it already.
that means that my national dex is already at 179 entries. (I'm lagging in speed since my Growlithe needs to hit level 45 before i evolve it.)
I'm also evolving a Gible, Dratini, Murkrow, misdreavus, Happiny (although I need a different nature since I want a Blissy by level 3 with a good nature for tankdom), and Sneasel.
Riolu, Munchlax, Cleffa (and the Chansy when I find a good nature an breed it) are going to evolve by happiness in due time.

I still need to raise a Wormadam into the steel form. gotta get a Combee (and eventually a Vespiqueen, but I don't have a good schedule for the Honey...), Cherubi and evolve it into a Cherrim, Heracross, Aipom and evolve it into a Ambipom, get a Bonsly or a Sudowoodo, I know how to work from either, Chatot, a Hippopotas, a Sea incense for Azurill.
I have to waste some time in the Safari zone getting a Croagunk so I can evolve it into Toxicroak, get a Carnivine in the safari zone, Get a Feebas/Milotic, Mantyke and Mantine, The three legendary Psychic lake pokemon, Dialga, and then, manaphy.

I'm close to the national dex, only 2 gym badges and the elite four in my way. and once I get the national Dex, I'll already have over 200 entries.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:43 am
Panic and Spear Pillar.
it's a bad thing.
I had my team all ready, used 4 of the 6 Pokemon up getting Dialga into the red zone, threw a dusk ball. did not work. he murdered my fifth Pokemon.
I panicked that I'd have to go through a bunch of training and the 3 Galactic members again, so I wasted my master ball on him.

That was a mistake, master ball is best for Giratina. since Giratina is part ghost, False swipe doesn't work on him. Regigigas may be high level, but he can be whittled down extremely fast despite his high stats.
The rest of the in-game legendaries as well.
The three lake Pokemon are no match for Sneasel and can be caught with Dusk balls. (two are in caves and one can be caught at night, I'm patient.)
But I'm kicking myself on wasting that Masterball on something that I could have caught if I had raised the pokemon in my team another 2 levels each. (my team was a 44 Charizard, 43 Staraptor, 41 venusaur, and some weaklings that I was using to get through Mt. Coronet.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:35 pm
I'm having some difficulties.
I'm doing everything right to my knowledge.
I'm using Sneasel to whittle them down to 1 HP. then I'm putting them to sleep with Spiritomb.
Lastly I throw Dusk Balls at them. (Threw about 50 at one before shutting it off since It didn't want to get caught)

That's the idea formula (that I can think of) without using a Masterball, which I explained why I don't have that for Giratina like I'm supposed to.

But they aren't getting caught. I would like a suggestion for an alternate route for catching them besides the one that I'm doing.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:44 pm
wellwisher
I'm having some difficulties.
I'm doing everything right to my knowledge.
I'm using Sneasel to whittle them down to 1 HP. then I'm putting them to sleep with Spiritomb.
Lastly I throw Dusk Balls at them. (Threw about 50 at one before shutting it off since It didn't want to get caught)

That's the idea formula (that I can think of) without using a Masterball, which I explained why I don't have that for Giratina like I'm supposed to.

But they aren't getting caught. I would like a suggestion for an alternate route for catching them besides the one that I'm doing.

As long as you keep them at 1 and keep them asleep, that's the best way to maximize your chance to catch them. 50 Dusk Balls is incredibly surprising, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 pm
I'll try again tonight on the two stationary ones.
perhaps all I needed was a higher level sneasel. Who knows.
it gave me time for some mindless leveling/evolving while I mulled over what to do.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:29 pm
wellwisher
I'll try again tonight on the two stationary ones.
perhaps all I needed was a higher level sneasel. Who knows.
it gave me time for some mindless leveling/evolving while I mulled over what to do.

I do know that for Mesprit (and Cresselia) that I think Absol would be a pokemon I'd like to use.

Jshin and my brother both have level 100 Gallades with Swords Dance, False Swipe, Mean Look, either Hypnosis or Thunder Wave. Which is certainly fine and dandy ; it's quite powerful, and with Mean Look it can prevent Mesprit and Cresselia from running away from the fight.

The first problem I have with it is that you can't use the repel trick. Basically, because the running legendary pokemon is always a higher level than the local pokemon, you just need to use a repel and lead with a pokemon below the running pokemon's level and higher than the local pokemon's level and the only pokemon you'll battle is the runner. Nifty trick.

The second problem I have with it is that it's designed to be a 1-poke-fits-all solution but it can't deal with hitting Ghost Pokemon with False Swipe. However, that's not nearly as annoying as those dang runners, but what I'd rather do...

See, the nice thing about Absol is that he's one of a small class of pokemon that can learn both a prevent-runaway move as well as Baton Pass. He and Smeargle are the fastest options, actually. Basically, he'd be an Absol with Mean Look, Baton Pass (both of which come from a male Umbreon parent), Swords Dance, and False Swipe. Properly trained in speed, he can outrun any potential Mesprit or Cresselia you could encounter while being ~5 levels below them. Quite ideal if you're going to Mean Look and then Baton Pass to something that does a much better job of catching the pokemon (or simply walling all of the attacks.)

For False Swiping those ghosts, though, I think the strategy would be to resort to one of these pokemon:

id | name | hp | atk | def | sak | sdf | spd
---------------------------------------------------
83 | Farfetch'd | 52 | 65 | 55 | 58 | 62 | 60
215 | Sneasel | 55 | 95 | 55 | 35 | 75 | 115
235 | Smeargle | 55 | 20 | 35 | 20 | 45 | 75
461 | Weavile | 70 | 120 | 65 | 45 | 85 | 125

They can all learn Swords Dance, False Swipe, and either Odor Sleuth or Foresight (which will allow them to hit with the False Swipe.) Only Smeargle can learn any Status-inducing moves, though.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff