2012 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:59 am
shelled walnut
WELL DUUUUH!!!!!!!! OF COURSE THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN 2012! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTS IF YOU SAY IT WON'T! YOU WANT PROOF? JUST LOOK AT THE YEAR 2000! SOME PEOPLE SAID IT WOULD END THERE BUT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS SAID IT WOULDN'T! AND GUESS WHAT ENDED UP HAPPENING????????

Oh wait... :/

And by the way - interesting fact here - the Mayan calendar actually does not say the world will end in 2012, nor does it give any indication that it will.

The reason why the calendar ends at 2012 is because you could say the Mayan's based it on segments of time. That just happens to be the year when the "segment" we are living in right now will end, thus beginning a new segment. Think of it like our basic calendars. Once a year ends, you simply begin a new one; once a segment of time ends, you simply begin a new one.

[x]

There's also another theory (but this has already stated and explained so I'll be quick): The Mayan calendar ended in the year 2012 when the spanish took them over.

No more Mayans = No more Mayan Calendar :[

Well the Mayan's didn't die off that way right? They mysteriously dissapeared (By mysterious, as in no idea what happened since there was no trace of epidemic, war, or travel). Just curious really.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 am
(first of all if anyone's said this already, i apologize. i tried to read all 4 pages of posts, but i got frustrated by the second page hahaha)
so, people obsessing about 2012 seems sorta recent. 6-7 years ago, i hadn't heard anything about it at all! (ok i was like 11 but whatever) but we watched a documentary about it back then in school, and it said "sunday, december twenty-THIRD, 2012." idk where people get 21st, other than that being the solstice or something, but i'm sticking with the 23rd cuz thats what i heard first
another thing: a lot of people are saying "oh well i think the mayans ran out of stone/materials or they predicted up to a certain point and they didn't wanna go farther" and stuff like that. um...the mayan calender is a CIRCLE. its not like they made a calender like the ones we hang in our kitchens...theres a bunch of different rings that go around each other at different speeds and dec. 23rd (or 21st. whatever) 2012 is when they all lined up at the beginning again. (or something like that. thats my understanding of it anyways)
but it's not necessarily the end of the world. i mean, it could be, but it's just the end of another very long mayan age.
i personally have this idea that maybe some country (like, oh, i don't know, north korea or something) is gonna decide to nuke some other country and they're gonna think "oh! everyone thinks the world is gonna end on this day anyways, lets make it true for these people we don't like!" o something like that haha (that'll be ironic if it happens)
but is it just me or have there been way too many big earthquakes in the span of a couple years? and i personally feel like this country is going INSANE, and the rest of the world (greece, egypt, etc) too, so what'll happen in the next almost 2 years? something to think about...(like who out of your friends is hosting the end-of-the-world party!!)  

une_pomme_verte

User 15282449

Premium Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:41 pm
As a man necroposting in a long and appropriately dead thread, sitting at his computer in the year of our lord two thousand and thirteen, I can comfortably say that I do not believe in the 2012 apocalypse.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff