Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Household items you might use to thwart an intruder. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If your home is invaded . . .
  You should be able to do whatever it takes to protect yourself!
  You should only be able to defend yourelf in a humane manner.
  You should only flee or hide. Defending yourself is wrong.
  . . .
View Results

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:28 pm
GigglyGal
User Image
Whoo Hoo! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:34 pm
Strideo
GigglyGal
User Image
Whoo Hoo! whee

Shocking, isn't it?

Oh, and I was going to say - my view on this one: by breaking into your home, they've violated your human rights; ergo, their human rights are rendered void.

GigglyGal

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:12 pm
GigglyGal
Strideo
GigglyGal
User Image
Whoo Hoo! whee

Shocking, isn't it?

Oh, and I was going to say - my view on this one: by breaking into your home, they've violated your human rights; ergo, their human rights are rendered void.
That's a good way of putting it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 am
1. I could use my guitar/ strings. They can actually make a pretty deadly weapon. An electric guitar is filled with all of the circuits and wiring that make it a LOT heavier, making it able to crack some skulls. The strings, you can easily strangle somebody with them.

2. No, unless you use the small e string, then it would be labled as potential/ attempted man-slaughter because it can cut right through the skin and possibly through muscle tissue.  

Sir Francis XLII

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:11 pm
Me, I'd use the multitude of firearms that are around the house. If I shot the criminal, but didn't kill him, then I could face time in jail. If I shot him and killed him, I could still face time in jail. That is, unless I brought up the point that it is my home and the law can not force me to retreat out of my home if it is being invaded. My home is my last place to retreat to and I will defend myself and my home, regardless of what any lawmaker says. It is self-defense and personal defense.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:05 am
It's probably a testament to V's immeasurable paranoia that I have what could very well be termed a deadly weapon in almost each room of the house (Entryway/Kitchen/Living Room : Iron ball capped cane, Bedroom : Celtic style embossed broadsword (Hurray for birthday presents), Handmade obsidian, goatskin & redwood tomahawk pair(*proud*) and Dining Room : Aluminum Katana -dulled for safety around brother's daughter and sons-) but V's paranoia and weaponry crafting/collecting aside, if someone breaks into your house with the intent of harming you/loved ones or stealing with lethal force then I find it perfectly acceptable to prevent them from accomplishing this in any way that does not put their life in danger , yes I'm against the death penalty and killing in self defense so sue me, and I find the laws that favor criminals especially through stupid loopholes to be idiotic and in dire need of re-evaluation I mean I hate smoking as much as the next guy but put down the smoking laws and go back to the crime thing, treat it like a porch step make sure the one you just made isn't s****y before moving on to the next one, I wouldn't want to fall through your porch and shatter my ankle and I don't want to lose a court battle because Joe Douchebagio tried to shoot me in the face, punt my kittens, steal everything of worth in my house and wizz on my snapdragons and got his kneecap shattered by me.
And I just noticed I seem to be the only person who picked 'humane' sweatdrop

~V out sweatdrop
*super apologizes for rant* I blame the sleepiness I always rant when I'm sleepy...  

Nerevar Fatehand

Jfh360

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:21 am
what would i use to defend my family and self

if no weapon is available i would use stealth and

the pipe my mom keeps under her bed lol

then somehow get near the intruder aim for his

wind pipe swing the pipe with all my might and hit it

and that should either kill him or greatly disable them

and if he still a threat ... yea lets just say it involves

eyes and thumbs or an other beat down with pipe  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:04 pm
I would use a gold club. 3nodding You can smash someone's skull to bits with them, and they are also long enough to jab the person in the stomach, and then aim for the head. ;3
But if the intruder was around the area where the golf clubs are kept, I would get some kitchen knives and stab him in the foot; that way, he can't run away.
Apparently, pepper sprays are illegal in England. DX  

Miyuki Nakami

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:43 am
All I know is that if someone is stupid enough to break into my house, then they better have told there family they love 'em because they won't get another chance.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:16 pm
Let's just put it this way someone attacks my house I have so many weps its not even funny
I could use
A.my older bro's knife collection they r dull but with enough force they can make a nice weapon
B.A frying pan considering we have a few tough but lightweight enough to smack with pans in the kitchen which is at one entrance
C.My weapon can be my older brother can't it?He's like always home when I am so just sick him on them he's HUGE
D. I have one sure thing to hurt em grab harry potter and the Deathly hallows hardcover copy put it in my purse and l;et her rip that is defiently my secret weapon my purse with stuff in it I cna swing that crap hard

I think if someone is on you're property u have the right to hurt them that's like stupid to get charged for it.Like this old lady got sued by a robber because he fell through her roof(and the robber WON) that is just stupid

Here's a video to illustrate my views on What you should be able to do when your home is broken into(plus it's a nie laugh of a vid jsut check it out razz )The Video Clip  

ggem3

8,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Cevadeva

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 pm
I would grab anything close by, if it's something small and numerous: I'll start throwing things at them. If it's something big and blunt like a bat/racket/very light chair: I'm going to start beating them with it. I mean really, a person is breaking into my house. I have a very protective guard dog, that won't bit but is very, very loud. When someone asks what's going on I'll say this: "This person is breaking into my house, what am I supposed to do?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 am
the only three items you need in any situation is duct tape, a clothes hanger, and a hammer. anything else is just bonus!  

Master Azrael Reaper

Sango of the Mist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:23 pm
I heard somewhere that the minute an intruder steps foot into your house, you have the right to defend you house and/ or self if needed. And if this situation came up for me, i would use a baseball bat (metal) or a knife (butcher or something sharp)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 pm
Master Azrael Reaper
the only three items you need in any situation is duct tape, a clothes hanger, and a hammer. anything else is just bonus!

Actually, all you need is the loaded shotgun! Anything else is a bonus...or just to clean up the mess.  

Drunken_Ninja08

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces