Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion, birth control (pill/shot), abstinence or adoption? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is the best/most realistic solution to teen pregnancy?
  abortion
  abstinence
  birth control
  adoption
View Results

Divine-Beauti

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:15 pm
-Vagtastic-
So do you believe that adoption is a bad thing even though you can't provide for it? You keep talking about how you think that its better to keep the child because their losing a connection with them for possibly forever. But what about the people who are doing it for the child's best interest. If you can't provide for the baby then why bother letting it suffer by keeping it?

No matter what happens its still no ones elses fault but the teens who make the decision to have sex. It doesn't matter how many times they're taught sex ed or how many times their parents sit down to talk with them about sex. Kids are going to do what they want to do unless you lock them in their rooms until they turn 21. You can't blame anyone else.

I believe that if a mother does want to keep her child she will risk everything she has to just to provide for it. On the other hand she did have unprotected sex. She knew what could possibly happen and should have been prepared for those consequences. I'm not saying adoption is a deathly horrific choice. What I'm saying is raising the child is a better choice. I'm by no means against adoption. I wouldn't want a crack head to keep a baby. That adopted child will eventually wonder who its biological mother/father is and will look. I'm sure no child wants to hear that their mother just wasn't ready or capable of providing for her. But sadly, that happens a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:16 pm
Jackalope2
-Vagtastic-
I had sex education class in 7th grade. Pretty much every year after that too.

You're one of the few who had a good starting point. ^^

I too had a sex ed class in just 10th grade.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:19 pm
Divine-Beauti
I believe that if a mother does want to keep her child she will risk everything she has to just to provide for it. On the other hand she did have unprotected sex. She knew what could possibly happen and should have been prepared for those consequences. I'm not saying adoption is a deathly horrific choice. What I'm saying is raising the child is a better choice. I'm by no means against adoption. I wouldn't want a crack head to keep a baby. That adopted child will eventually wonder who its biological mother/father is and will look. I'm sure no child wants to hear that their mother just wasn't ready or capable of providing for her. But sadly, that happens a lot.
It happens, some mothers just work harder to ensure that their child is ready for the world. And sometimes they adopt knowing that they aren't ready.
Neither is wrong. They both have their ups and downs, but it does end up being whatever the mother decides is best for the child. Most of the time they don't think about what this will mean to them. it's a wonderful thing being able to set yourself aside and simply focus on what's best for someone else, even if it means a great sacrifice for ones self.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 pm
Princess Zelda21
Jackalope2
-Vagtastic-
I had sex education class in 7th grade. Pretty much every year after that too.

You're one of the few who had a good starting point. ^^

I too had a sex ed class in just 10th grade.

Three years can make a huge difference, as can background and other things.  

Jackalope2
Crew

-Vagtastic-
Crew

Familiar Lover

10,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:28 pm
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
Ame no Tenshi
I'm...going to keep my opinion to myself.

Yeah. That just might be for the best.

Carry on.
User Image

... then why bother posting?

@Nannerz: is there a particular reason as to why your font size is so teeny?
User Image
Sorry. I'm trying to test out the tool bar and it keeps putting the font size too small. sweatdrop

Is this better?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:30 pm
I think adoption isn't bad since my brother was born under a bad situation, and the fact that she was 16 when he was born. Even even after meeting him there was no hate. But then again I don't think in most cases the child sees their real mother again.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:38 pm
Bikki Kobayashi IV
I think adoption isn't bad since my brother was born under a bad situation, and the fact that she was 16 when he was born. Even even after meeting him there was no hate. But then again I don't think in most cases the child sees their real mother again.
I wouldn't be too sure on that. Many children are curious, it's just most of the time they aren't allowed to go back until they're about 18 I think. I think it has something to do with a maturity level that their parents decide is right plus the adoption agency picking an earliest year for maturity on the subject.

I went and saw my mother and father in 2007, as did my younger sister. A lot of adopted children aren't that interested for long periods of time, it comes and goes. you know, wondering for a few moments why they are a different ethnicity than their parents, or why they have brown eyes while their parents and grandparents have blue eyes. kids notice these things.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 pm
-Vagtastic-
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
Ame no Tenshi
I'm...going to keep my opinion to myself.

Yeah. That just might be for the best.

Carry on.
User Image

... then why bother posting?

@Nannerz: is there a particular reason as to why your font size is so teeny?
User Image
Sorry. I'm trying to test out the tool bar and it keeps putting the font size too small. sweatdrop

Is this better?
User Image

Yay! I can read it!
User Image  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:40 pm
wellwisher
Bikki Kobayashi IV
I wouldn't be too sure on that. Many children are curious, it's just most of the time they aren't allowed to go back until they're about 18 I think. I think it has something to do with a maturity level that their parents decide is right plus the adoption agency picking an earliest year for maturity on the subject.

I went and saw my mother and father in 2007, as did my younger sister. A lot of adopted children aren't that interested for long periods of time, it comes and goes. you know, wondering for a few moments why they are a different ethnicity than their parents, or why they have brown eyes while their parents and grandparents have blue eyes. kids notice these things.

That's true, some children may also have a good eye for details like that. I know I do.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 pm
Princess Zelda21
wellwisher
Bikki Kobayashi IV

That's true, some children may also have a good eye for details like that. I know I do.
A good point.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:43 pm
Princess Zelda21
But for a lot of their childhood lives it's quite passing. Small details they think about, ask, then forget. it's because they aren't quite mature enough to fully comprehend it all, and most of the time parents know that, and shelter them from all of the legalities of it until they know their child is mature enough to understand it. It's not cruel, it's to ensure proper development within the child.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:06 pm
I think that they should definitely teach teens about birth control, condoms, etc. "Abstinence only" has simply failed.

Although I don't think abortion should be used one's primary "birth control", I don't think it should be illegal or even restricted. I see abortion as a difficult personal decision. Although I personally find it horrid and hope I'm never in a situation in which I would have to so much as consider it, I would never support the stripping of that right.

Realistically, if you want to decrease the number of abortions you have to accept that many, many teenagers have sex and teach them to do so responsibly.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Samantha_Grey

8,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 pm
I would educate my child about birth control and to prevent getting raped. I would also tell my child that it would be best if they waited until marriage because sex is meant to be shared between you and one other person (this is not just because of religion, but because the emotional stuff that comes with sex).  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:13 pm
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21
Well, think about it, abortion is still considered killing an unborn human being though! It's just so wrong!

So?

So, the girl would be DENYING her child a chance to LIVE a normal life! What a sad world we live in!
Every day I deny thousands of possible childs the chance of life. Guess what? I don't care. They're better off dead. Because frankly, mental deficiencies can be passed on to your child. They're in general genetic. So giving a rapist's son a chance of life is taking the chance he will grow up as ******** up as dear daddy found in that dark alley that smells like piss and semen.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Deppfan

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:24 pm
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21
Well, think about it, abortion is still considered killing an unborn human being though! It's just so wrong!

So?

So, the girl would be DENYING her child a chance to LIVE a normal life! What a sad world we live in!
Every day I deny thousands of possible childs the chance of life. Guess what? I don't care. They're better off dead. Because frankly, mental deficiencies can be passed on to your child. They're in general genetic. So giving a rapist's son a chance of life is taking the chance he will grow up as ******** up as dear daddy found in that dark alley that smells like piss and semen.

And a follow-up point is every unused egg that is shed every month by females who do not get pregnant. That's a potential child as well. How about all the fertilized eggs that for some unknown reason, don't attatch to the uterine wall and are then flushed out of the body? Is that murder, then too?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff