Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Tamer Island (Digimon Guild RP Forum)
Digimon RP Q & A Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:11 pm
Alright, then I will post my requests there from now on 3nodding

Sorry, I have a question about armor digivolution. How many armor digimon are we allowed to have in one single digimon? Like for example, I have Raidramon and Magnamon who are armor digimon for Veemon. Would I be able to use both of these armor forms or can I only choose one?

Speaking of Magnamon, how strong is he considered to be in the RP? In the anime, manga, and movies Magnamon has been shown as being a very powerful digimon (mega level power) probably since he's Royal Knight as well. So I would like to know just how strong will Magnamon be made to be in this RP?

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Shadow of Miracles
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Thank you for answering. From the responses it appears that I will need permission from the RP moderators if I want to make changes. Which means I will just need to try these things out myself and then when the time arises PM you RP moderators to see if I can make changes 3nodding

In that case I will follow proper protocol and PM all the RP moderators in order to ask for permission to use "fake" digimon.

The RP moderators are -InsertEgoHere- Liger, -EM- Epic Muffin, and Lief_7? If I am missing any moderators please let me know.

To make it easier, you can just post your request in the Digimon Roster & Request thread and quote all of us. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:19 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Quote:
How many armor digimon are we allowed to have in one single digimon? Like for example, I have Raidramon and Magnamon who are armor digimon for Veemon. Would I be able to use both of these armor forms or can I only choose one?

-One per digimon line

Quote:
Speaking of Magnamon, how strong is he considered to be in the RP? In the anime, manga, and movies Magnamon has been shown as being a very powerful digimon (mega level power) probably since he's Royal Knight as well. So I would like to know how strong is Magnamon supposed to be?

All titled digimon are treated as regular digimon, clones of their Official Brethern, whom are NPCs in Digimon Tamer Island. In truth, their strength is based on your RP skill, but other than the potential Data/Virus/Vaccine triangle, all digimon are pretty much equal in power.

This is to prevent the overly complicated issues like whether or not ZeedMilliniamon or Omnimon X is the strongest digimon in existance or whatnot, based on flavor text. But we are still limiting each member from having more than one titled digimon, if anything, than to encourage so sense of creativity... otherwise every other common team would be made of nothing but Demon Lords and Royal Knights, or teams completely composed of veemon. *sigh*

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Sounds perfectly fair 3nodding thank you for answering all of my questions.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Shadow of Miracles

Quote:
How many armor digimon are we allowed to have in one single digimon? Like for example, I have Raidramon and Magnamon who are armor digimon for Veemon. Would I be able to use both of these armor forms or can I only choose one?

-One per digimon line

Quote:
Speaking of Magnamon, how strong is he considered to be in the RP? In the anime, manga, and movies Magnamon has been shown as being a very powerful digimon (mega level power) probably since he's Royal Knight as well. So I would like to know how strong is Magnamon supposed to be?

All titled digimon are treated as regular digimon, clones of their Official Brethern, whom are NPCs in Digimon Tamer Island. In truth, their strength is based on your RP skill, but other than the potential Data/Virus/Vaccine triangle, all digimon are pretty much equal in power.

This is to prevent the overly complicated issues like whether or not ZeedMilliniamon or Omnimon X is the strongest digimon in existance or whatnot, based on flavor text. But we are still limiting each member from having more than one titled digimon, if anything, than to encourage so sense of creativity... otherwise every other common team would be made of nothing but Demon Lords and Royal Knights, or teams completely composed of veemon. *sigh*

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:38 am
xxx_Mist_of_shadows_xxx
In the recent quote you mentioned filling out a 6 digimon evolution thing. Could you perhaps explain what it would be for? I read the beta testing old system and stuff but I am still confuzzeled on the details.

Certainly...

In Digimon Tamer Island, a member can earn many different digimon partners through contests, events, and even just from being active for an extended period of time. However, in the Roleplaying each tamer is only allowed to bring up to six of the digimon that they've acquired in the guild, just for simplicity's sake and better management of both the tamer and the moderators. These have to be chosen from digimon that you actually have acquired in the guild though. This is not mandatory though, if you only want to have (or just have, because you're new) one digimon with you, that is totally fine.

For each digimon's evolution line, however, rather than allow you to bring each and every form that you've acquired in the guild, we're also requiring members to limit their digimon's evolution line down to a solitary line that follows the same aspects of the tv show as opposed to the video games. In these lines, each digimon should have the following forms (may vary based on the season it was introduced i.e Xros/Fusion digimon):

Fresh* --> In-Training* --> Rookie --> Champion --> Ultimate --> Mega* --> SuperUltimate/Mode Change/Alternate or slide*

* means that these forms are optional
bold means that they are mandatory for the digimon to be eligible for use.

For example, we'll use your Chibomon. Assuming you go down its regular digivolution line, you would sign up with the following:

Chibomon --> DemiVeemon --> Veemon --> ExVeemon --> [Insert Ultimate Form] --> [Insert Mega Form]
And with each line, you would include the official art that you have in the guild or a notice of some sort that says you have been given permission to use digimon you do not, but soon will, own.

I hope this answered your question.

Terms that you may or may not be familar with:

Mutate Digivolve- An option in the TP Marketplace that allows one to change their digimon to a different digimon of the same level, attribute, and normal rank.
Xros/Fusion- An evolution option that allows digimon to combine together to make megazord-like digimon.

In case you're also wondering about the names I mentioned after Mega:
Super Ultimate- Some digimon have a regular digivolution that occurs after their Mega Form (i.e Daemon --> Demon Super Ultimate)
Mode Change- Some digimon have different modes like Burst/Ruin Mode, Core Mode, Blaster mode, etc. (i.e ShineGreymon --> ShineGreymon Burst Mode, Ophanimon --> Ophanimon Core Mode, Beelzemon --> Beelzemon Blaster Mode)
Alternate or Slide Evolution- If you've been in the guild long enough, you may have noticed an aspect known as Mutate Digivolve, This basically means that you get one extra mega form (if you have one). (i.e Seraphimon --mutate--> WarGreymon)

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

xxx_Mist_of_shadows_xxx

Intellectual Sage

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:27 am
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
xxx_Mist_of_shadows_xxx
In the recent quote you mentioned filling out a 6 digimon evolution thing. Could you perhaps explain what it would be for? I read the beta testing old system and stuff but I am still confuzzeled on the details.

Certainly...

In Digimon Tamer Island, a member can earn many different digimon partners through contests, events, and even just from being active for an extended period of time. However, in the Roleplaying each tamer is only allowed to bring up to six of the digimon that they've acquired in the guild, just for simplicity's sake and better management of both the tamer and the moderators. These have to be chosen from digimon that you actually have acquired in the guild though. This is not mandatory though, if you only want to have (or just have, because you're new) one digimon with you, that is totally fine.

For each digimon's evolution line, however, rather than allow you to bring each and every form that you've acquired in the guild, we're also requiring members to limit their digimon's evolution line down to a solitary line that follows the same aspects of the tv show as opposed to the video games. In these lines, each digimon should have the following forms (may vary based on the season it was introduced i.e Xros/Fusion digimon):

Fresh* --> In-Training* --> Rookie --> Champion --> Ultimate --> Mega* --> SuperUltimate/Mode Change/Alternate or slide*

* means that these forms are optional
bold means that they are mandatory for the digimon to be eligible for use.

For example, we'll use your Chibomon. Assuming you go down its regular digivolution line, you would sign up with the following:

Chibomon --> DemiVeemon --> Veemon --> ExVeemon --> [Insert Ultimate Form] --> [Insert Mega Form]
And with each line, you would include the official art that you have in the guild or a notice of some sort that says you have been given permission to use digimon you do not, but soon will, own.

I hope this answered your question.

Terms that you may or may not be familar with:

Mutate Digivolve- An option in the TP Marketplace that allows one to change their digimon to a different digimon of the same level, attribute, and normal rank.
Xros/Fusion- An evolution option that allows digimon to combine together to make megazord-like digimon.

In case you're also wondering about the names I mentioned after Mega:
Super Ultimate- Some digimon have a regular digivolution that occurs after their Mega Form (i.e Daemon --> Demon Super Ultimate)
Mode Change- Some digimon have different modes like Burst/Ruin Mode, Core Mode, Blaster mode, etc. (i.e ShineGreymon --> ShineGreymon Burst Mode, Ophanimon --> Ophanimon Core Mode, Beelzemon --> Beelzemon Blaster Mode)
Alternate or Slide Evolution- If you've been in the guild long enough, you may have noticed an aspect known as Mutate Digivolve, This basically means that you get one extra mega form (if you have one). (i.e Seraphimon --mutate--> WarGreymon)

Thank you! That answered it, :3 I only have one digimon in the guild so I am good!!  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:34 pm
I've reached the maximum slots of forming three synthesized lines, but there are two other Digimon lines that I also want to add forms to. I am using the official lines that i've received in the guild, but since they were won as higher levels in contests, I don't have a rookie in their line. For example, here are two digimon lines that I am interestd in using for the rp:

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

__________________________________ Skullbarukimon
__________________________________ TobuCatmon
__________________________________ DinoTigermon
__________________________________ Gallantmon X

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

__________________________________ Grimmon
__________________________________ ChaosGrimmon
__________________________________ ExoGrimmon

Could I request to use rookies that i've obtained, or will that conflict against the synthesized lines? I was planning on using Burgermon for Tobucatmon, while I use Fujitsumon for Grimmon. However, i'm already planning on using Monmon's, Argomon's, and Mermaimon's for synthezied lines.
for the first one, I want Monon to have a monkey line, so i'm using a synthesized line for him
For the second and third partners, I only have Ultimate and Mega forms of their art. So, they have to have synthesized lines.

I'm sorry if this has been asked in several different forms. sweatdrop

Im Windspirit

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:41 pm
Im Windspirit
I've reached the maximum slots of forming three synthesized lines, but there are two other Digimon lines that I also want to add forms to. I am using the official lines that i've received in the guild, but since they were won as higher levels in contests, I don't have a rookie in their line. For example, here are two digimon lines that I am interestd in using for the rp:

__________________________________ Skullbarukimon
__________________________________ TobuCatmon
__________________________________ DinoTigermon
__________________________________ Gallantmon X

__________________________________ Grimmon
__________________________________ ChaosGrimmon
__________________________________ ExoGrimmon

Could I request to use rookies that i've obtained, or will that conflict against the synthesized lines? I was planning on using Burgermon for Tobucatmon, while I use Fujitsumon for Grimmon. However, i'm already planning on using Monmon's, Argomon's, and Mermaimon's for synthezied lines.
for the first one, I want Monon to have a monkey line, so i'm using a synthesized line for him
For the second and third partners, I only have Ultimate and Mega forms of their art. So, they have to have synthesized lines.

I'm sorry if this has been asked in several different forms. sweatdrop

Firstly, no need to apologize, we figured that synthesis lines would be a problem for some as rookies are definitely not a first pick for contest/event prizes (needs to be changed).

Do you have an idea of what you would like to have to fill those slots? If you do, place your requests in the request thread and the RP moderators will look over them. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:47 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=2&t=24318093#364986355

I just posted the roster a moment ago. I made sure to match the rookie forms to the attributes and families, but looking back at them now, they little to no attacks.  

Im Windspirit

Im Windspirit

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:06 am
The question before is going to be answered through a PM based on approval, but this is another question I just thought about.

In character, how many warnings will a Tamer receive before attracting the DRF's(?) or Royal Knights attention? I don't want to intentionally have their attention.....What are the levels of punishment or consequences a tamer can face?

I don' have any plans of playing a antagonist role, but my tamer will cause some difficult behavior. For example, like misbehaving at a museum, touching or entering restricted areas....i'm guessing some timeout in a small room behind jailed bars would be a start?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:20 am
Im Windspirit
The question before is going to be answered through a PM based on approval, but this is another question I just thought about.

In character, how many warnings will a Tamer receive before attracting the DRF's(?) or Royal Knights attention? I don't want to intentionally have their attention.....What are the levels of punishment or consequences a tamer can face?

I don' have any plans of playing a antagonist role, but my tamer will cause some difficult behavior. For example, like misbehaving at a museum, touching or entering restricted areas....i'm guessing some timeout in a small room behind jailed bars would be a start?

Ummmmm..... uuuuhhhh... how about we just be good guys for now. sweatdrop

I can't say for new network city, but in other areas that are restricted there is usually some heavy hazard that begins working immediately. Besides, since I'm hosting those threads, I'll know if anyone steps in them. stare

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Im Windspirit

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:03 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Neeeeeeeeeevvveeeeeeeeerrrrrr. I am going to be the delinquent
You can't tell us what to do! No answer means no rules! -Steps on restricted areas-
emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:27 pm
Im Windspirit
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Neeeeeeeeeevvveeeeeeeeerrrrrr. I am going to be the delinquent
You can't tell us what to do! No answer means no rules! -Steps on restricted areas-
emotion_donotwant

Each area has its own rules, lol.  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Im Windspirit

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:33 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Then we shall make it out mission to bend them!
You are making me curious to see what misbehaving tamers will have to face. Hohoh~

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:48 pm
Im Windspirit
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Then we shall make it out mission to bend them!
You are making me curious to see what misbehaving tamers will have to face. Hohoh~

Lol, I'll just come out with it, we're still working out the NPC aspects of the Roleplay. sweatdrop

But New Network City is definitely going to be tighter reigned than say whatever the Virus-based area will be. And the destruction or the thought of trying to will earn the wrath of Sovereign digimon. emotion_donotwant

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Im Windspirit

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:09 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

So what will happen if a character refuses to give any information with the NPC's at the introduction? Or try run into the City past the registration points before being analyzed? Or...would that be very unlikely due to how well organized and tight security is?  
Digimon Tamer Island (Digimon Guild RP Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games