15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:01 am
Lural
The responsible adult in me says "No!"

But the Trekie in me says "Hell yeah, go for it!"

So, if you have the means to do it, go for it. You probably deserve nice things.

I once had an extensive ST:NG figurine collection (in box) and a Star Trek Hallmark starship Christmas ornament collection, plus an Enterprise telephone (looked and sounded fantastic -- but was awkward to really use as a phone -- all those pointy edges hurt one's ear)

But where are all of these great things now? I gave my son my Star Trek figures collection, and they look great on his apartment walls (I couldn't bear to keep them after my divorce with his father) my Enterprise phone (the handset wing-jets with the saucer section separated from its base when you answered this land-line phone) anyway, this phone got boxed up and went "missing" after my divorce, and the same fate was met with my awesome Christmas tree ornaments -- so my advice for you, is that not only is budgeting for a collection such as this is important, but planning for display and future storage of a sizable collection is equally -- if not MORE important -- to consider!

Good luck with your decision! ✩

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:06 am
I say pay your bills and then go for them!  

Aieko_09

Demonic Shapeshifter

20,325 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Nebula Novice 100

Kiba Ryuun

Man-Hungry Receiver

17,615 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:28 am
See if you can get someone to give it to you as a bday present. Otherwise go for it if you have the savings post-bill+mortgage. Some people spend $50+ on gaia monthly after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:11 am
Zphal
orlando18
just saw ur sig married in real life and you want to waste it on a spaceship, if i was your wife i beat ur assjust for thinking it! stare

orlando18
Boy use your money for something important like bills or help your parents save it to get a car

rofl

Item 1) I'm gay. And Item 2) I have a car.

But thanks for the amusing replies! xd

If you have all your other expenses taken care of and can afford to splurge a little, go for it. cat_3nodding  

Artemisia_Luniferum

Feral Bookworm

12,165 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

Reinik

Interstellar Abomination

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:48 pm
lol that poll is close

If you have the space and money then YEAH
Or just get a few and then cancel subscription. That's what I would do.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:57 pm
My husband and I payed to collect all the Batman character chess pieces. It was fun and exciting to look forward to them every month... even if now we genuinely do nothing with them they just sit on a shelf in the hallway so really we could have just bought the few we really liked... heh... but I still vote yes. Because those are neat little figures and it is like getting presents every month and you can cancel whenever!  

Amurana

Smitten Kitten

19,065 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

ll KingIndigoPharaoh ll

Lonely Prophet

12,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:06 pm
jesus90141
have your budget, then left over, from left over take half away for savings then if you still have left over go for it.

This one, this one exactly.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:08 pm
Zphal
Should I spend $44 a month on cool Star Trek spaceships?:

https://www.st-starships.com/index.php#hero

If your that big of a fan go for it! biggrin  

Triple3B

Hilarious Millionaire

7,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

jesus90141

Newbie Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:12 pm
ll KingIndigoPharaoh ll
jesus90141
have your budget, then left over, from left over take half away for savings then if you still have left over go for it.

This one, this one exactly.
hey man it's just voice of reason ;P unless that fails and you give in to the impulse of buying all of the things xD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:21 pm
lol no cx u give 44 dollar $ and they give you worth 90 $ back? hmm seems wtf fishy hahaha  

XoatsX

Timid Expert

19,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Newbie Helper 100

american spirits

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:33 pm
I want this service for gunpla.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:37 pm
XoatsX
lol no cx u give 44 dollar $ and they give you worth 90 $ back? hmm seems wtf fishy hahaha

You do realize that most subscription boxes work that way, right? Interested parties spend anywhere from $20 - $50 per month and get anywhere from ~$50 or more dollars worth of merchandise in return (depending on the subscription and what's included in the box for the month).  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:02 am
It really depends. If the subscription is relevant to your interest is the first thing. That appears to be the case. Second, can you afford to spend that much a month on this? If so then go ahead.

I'm not much of a fan of Trek, but this is actually a pretty neat subscription idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:45 am
Wendy Day
Scientifically, people get more happiness spending their money on things to do than on things to own. You should spend that money on a comicon, star trek play, or something like that.

ah, that seems like sage advice indeed!

just take many pics of the comicon.

i am amazed at what some people can do with a little cloth and plastic.  

chessiejo

XoatsX

Timid Expert

19,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:32 pm
Prof. Moonie
XoatsX

You do realize that most subscription boxes work that way, right? Interested parties spend anywhere from $20 - $50 per month and get anywhere from ~$50 or more dollars worth of merchandise in return (depending on the subscription and what's included in the box for the month).

yep i know thats why i don't do those things rofl  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces