Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:53 am
Hiddochi wolf
I like the complexity of the first one better.

Azmaria
They're both really nice, but I like the first one the most.

GLJordan
second one

Thanks for your input, y'all. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:56 am
FoxKin56
Wait...I'm in a guild'?
(It has been a long time since last login, previously Ryu_Noki)

Haha! Surprise! xd  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:56 pm
Depends on the purpose. Honestly the first one is more striking and decorous, the second seems more like a normal tile that could be repeated without taking over a space. Ideally both could be used in the same wall or floor to add interest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:33 pm
Second looks cleaner, but not as striking as the first.

If it's to be a tile for the walls/floor, then the second.

If it's to be the main focus/icon of something, go with the first.

Personally liking the first more.  

Kiba Ryuun

Man-Hungry Receiver

17,615 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sausage Fest 200

playboy_bunny964

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:04 pm
No longer viewable.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:14 pm
I love the lower one as it is clearer and more easy on the eyes

nice drawing  

Nasuh

Partying Member

15,825 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Necro Skeletal

Confident Warrior

14,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:29 am
Zphal
Necro Skeletal
I'm leaning toward the first, but what's the application? I think that will really be a deciding factor. Without any knowledge of intended use you could go with either one. And can we see them without the grid?

It's gonna be a tree skirt. My partner's genetically Jewish and though his whole family is athiest, they chose to sometimes celebrate Hanukkah and other times celebrate Christmas. I got invited, so I wanted to make something special.

Option 1, and here's why:
I just noticed your other stars. When you have 2 stars in each space, it's cluttered and they don't stand out as much because they feel a little bit free-floating/crammed in there. In option one you have a better repeating pattern. The white star in the middle, the gold star, and then the alternating color stars, which nested neatly in the spaces that the gold star created. That design feels more controlled, and makes appropriate use of the space for each geometric block and is satisfying to look at.

Also, that's an incredibly nice gesture op!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:04 am
They both pretty, but I like the first one best  

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:08 am
First.

BFF has spoken. All other opinions on here are irrelevant.

j/k.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:36 am
Mama Ame
First.

BFF has spoken. All other opinions on here are irrelevant.

j/k.

rofl Well, I do wield the all-mighty ban-hammer.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:37 am
DruidTigeress
They both pretty, but I like the first one best

Thank you! ^__^ I pieced together the first 32 triangles this morning. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:40 am
Necro Skeletal
Zphal
Necro Skeletal
I'm leaning toward the first, but what's the application? I think that will really be a deciding factor. Without any knowledge of intended use you could go with either one. And can we see them without the grid?

It's gonna be a tree skirt. My partner's genetically Jewish and though his whole family is athiest, they chose to sometimes celebrate Hanukkah and other times celebrate Christmas. I got invited, so I wanted to make something special.

I just noticed your other stars. When you have 2 stars in each space, it's cluttered and they don't stand out as much because they feel a little bit free-floating/crammed in there. In option one you have a better repeating pattern. The white star in the middle, the gold star, and then the alternating color stars, which nested neatly in the spaces that the gold star created. That design feels more controlled, and makes appropriate use of the space for each geometric block and is satisfying to look at.

Now that's an analysis! I'm glad I made the right decision and cut the 3" triangles! xd

His mom's a quilter too and she said if I came, she'd make me a stocking. redface I wanna impress her so she'll accept me as worthy of her son. lol  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Necro Skeletal

Confident Warrior

14,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:00 am
Zphal
Necro Skeletal
Zphal
Necro Skeletal

Now that's an analysis! I'm glad I made the right decision and cut the 3" triangles! xd

His mom's a quilter too and she said if I came, she'd make me a stocking. redface I wanna impress her so she'll accept me as worthy of her son. lol

I'm sure she'll love it! Anything hand made with this much thought put into it is a great gift.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:33 am
Not to derail this thread but.. more people have posted here so far then I have seen anywhere else in the guild in the last 5 years eek  

Shallow Carnage

Sparkly Loverboy

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:39 am
Shallow Carnage
Not to derail this thread but.. more people have posted here so far then I have seen anywhere else in the guild in the last 5 years eek

That's what happens when you abuse your power and send out a guild announcement. rofl  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff