Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
worst english dub Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryougi Yasumaru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:15 pm
I'm going to cry when I hear Kisame and Zetsu's Voices in English ain't I?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:47 pm
Most likely. I cried when I heard Zabuza's. Kinda like how i'm going to cry when I hear Zaraki's voice when the BLEACH episodes come out. *readies shotgun* Ruin one more Mist nin and the dubber's'll be eating their own intestines for dinner. -_-**

I bless my friend for getting the uncut CCS DVD's with subtitles. So much better.

Am I the only one who watched Angelic Layer? I have four DVD's (a big mistake...manga's infinitely better...) and Tamayo's english voice causes cerebral hemorrhaging.

Parents today don't like having their kids watch bloody cartoons, but have no problem letting them watch people eat spoiled pig guts and watch bloody TV shows and movies. Ah, revel in the hypocrisy...

And just how bad was Saiyuki Reload?  

Eleventyone

duo of the wildfire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:44 am
Naruto has the worst english dub.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:11 pm
the all time crapy crap dubbing ever......DRAGON BALL Z in fact anything Dargon ball suck a** sorry for the language but it totally does scream  

Qui_Bears

[Shikamaru] Nara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:29 pm
You guys are ALL crazy. One Piece is THE most dubbed anime to crash into North America and destroy our land. Compare Sanji with a Ciggatette (japanese) to him with a LOLLYPOP (4kids). Compare a gun to rubber hammer. All of Sanji's attack names where in French, but they changed them to cheap food puns. Yes, and more then half the episodes cut out, this truly is the worst dub ever.

Quote:
Naruto has the worst english dub.

Not really, the voices just really suck. (Shino is a friggin' NERD)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:29 am
Motarasuryu
All of the ones before, plus Saiyuki Reload. It's not nearly as bad as Ceres, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura, but the fact that a whole new company dubbed Reload was just...ick. I like ADV's Saiyuki, thank you very much.

Oh man signed. I cannot stand to watch the Reload dub.

Aaand [Shikamaru], Yu-Gi-Oh still tops it for me, I'm afraid. They frickin' edited out the guns and replaced them with nothing. Fingers pointing at people. Ever wonder how Yami Bakura got Pegasus's Millenium Eye? He frickin' dug it out of his eye socket, that's how. Licked the blood off. Ain't showin' that in a kids show! And the entire first season (green haired Kaiba wut) wasn't brought over. Most of the time, when people were talking about sending the people they defeat to the shadow realm, they were going to kill them right out. (Yami Malik, especially.) I'm afraid of what they did to the last few arcs.

The original Escaflowne dub, though...the one showed on Fox Kids back in 2000, that one was probably the worst. They showed 11 out of 26 episodes, heavily (HEAVILY, talking cutting parts of some episodes and splicing them in with parts from others) editing them, and showing what they DID show out of order. They even took out the first episode.

...once I get my DVDs, I'll get back to y'all if the Weiss dub is as bad as I think it is. I have Gluhen, but we're not going through that crack tonight.  

Novatierrie

little_moon_girl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:55 pm
i've only seen ccs in japanese. but i don't think i'll watch it in english! (there not as good in english, wether you've seen it in japanese or not)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:57 am
little_moon_girl
i've only seen ccs in japanese. but i don't think i'll watch it in english! (there not as good in english, wether you've seen it in japanese or not)

i'd rather see Card Captor Sakura and Cardcaptors as being two different things, kinda like a Macross-Robotech thing 3nodding  

Redire

Archangel31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:43 pm
Naruto has the worst dubbing, hands down.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:17 am
Yes, I agree with those who say Naruto has one of the worst English dubbed voices ever. I can't watch it without cringing every time I hear their voices...especially Gaara's!! crying He's my favorite male character too!
Other animes I would have to say, from the top of my head, Yu-Gi-Oh.  

Viese Servatika

Little Squirrel Buddy

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:08 pm
i liked touru's voice. i think it sounded better in english. yuki's sounded much better then in japanese. he sounded like a girl. the thing that buggs me the most is in tsubasa chronicles, they say kurogane wrong, and monkona has to much of a scraty voice. Besides that i love it. in naruto, there are some voices that sound good. like tenten's in my opinion is better. but i have to agree, that salior moon was horriable, and ccs. they edited out all the gay parts. it ruins the story line.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:56 pm
Meh, I don't really care for all this but I can't watch Naruto in english anymore. I watch it in japanese and my sister says she likes Naruto sub better than dub. I think bleach is pretty good dubbed but I also like it subbed. Kyo Kara Maoh! Was pretty good dubbed. I mean it's supposed to be thirteen and up when he has a boy as his fiance. He even said I'm wearing a black g-string. Not to mention the laughing and I told them not to inhale the smoke oh and Gunter's nosebleed or however many there are (I haven't gotten that far). Samurai Champloo on t.v. I only really remember a part cut out because of sex. Other than that I don't really know. Well I really don't care either way I like dub and sub.

Oh I think this is funny because it's bashing Yu-Gi-Oh! Here's the abridged series for anyone who want to watch Yami do a mind crush on a gay clow and kill him.
http://tv-links.co.uk/show.do/3/4581  

California_burrito

Kazumi19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:50 pm
One Piece, One Piece, ONE PIECE
They TORE APART Nami's past, Gave Robin a souther accent just because she was wearing a cow-girl outift, Ruined Shanks' personality and voice (I love my little red-haired Jack Sparrow alike) And Sanji-Kun. crying They killed the sexy-ness of figgin SANJI-KUN I'm surprised my ears didn't bleed when I heard his dub voice. Thank God that Funimation is taking over 3nodding
Tokyo Mew Mew, good god, they turned a show designed for kids 7 and up (I think) into a show for THREE YEAR OLDS! The Bleach Dub is great, in my opinion, Naruto...the only good voice is Kakashi, but then again, he's the only reason I watch the show *Waves I heart Hatake Kakashi banner*

That's it for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:49 am
sweetietweety111
Oh, man.... You've shouldn't see what they done to One Piece and SonicX... In One Piece, They got rid of the blood, cut out the deaths, changed Sanjii's cicgaret to a lollypop, they also change alcohol into juice, they've turned black people into white. They made a crappy rap theme song, and they changed real weapons into shitty super soakers and hammers on a trigger!!! Also in SonicX, They got the most shittiest VAs!!! And now there voicing in the future sonic games!!! They also changed bars into restrants, If all the Rouge fanboys are wondering are her boobs will look like in the dub version, Her boobs are gone(sorry Rouge fanboys), They have refused the best and real heart and soul of sonic the hedgehog, Ryan Drummond. He was best for sonic untill he and the other old VAs got fired. I'm a REALLY big sonamy fan. But, They buchered out my fav. part.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mteo86/sonic/kawaii.jpg
There has to be a way to save one piece, sonicX, and all the other anime shows.

true. I was going to put One Piece, but since it seems someone gave a way better way of putting it, I'll just settle for agreeing!  

RedSpade11

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Toxic Pink Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:28 pm
I have my list...

FMA (After seeing sub the dubs look horrid)
Bleach (AKA Renji's voice)
NARUTO (Your voice is sad Naruto. BELIEVE IT!)
Yugioh! (They cut out season zero!!!!)
Sailor moon (I have no need to exsplain)
Negima (Negi is so squeeky I can barely hear what he says)
Fruits Basket. (I just don't like the gals voice)  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games