Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Whats the "problem" with gays? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth_Duck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:36 pm
There is no problem with gays. It's the people that say that there is that have a problem.
They are unable to let go of narrowminded preconceptions.
Regardless of sexual preferences, we are all people. If you dont like someone because they're gay, that's you're rpoblem, not theirs.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:41 pm
Before I give my weird anthropological argument for why gay's are hated in today's society I would like to point out that AIDS is not really a gay disease. The reason why homosexual men are more likely to contract aids than straight men is because a**l sex is a much more efficient way of contracting your HIV than vaginal-penile intercourse. This is tru fakts.

Cliff's notes: The bibbles sez so

Anyway. Sit down and let me tell you a story. I want you to imagine a very long time ago, roughly 2000BCE. It was basically the 60's of our spiritual timeline. Polytheism and paganism were BOOMING. Free love was everywhere, and temples to Ishtar were frequented by both male and female prosty-toots. It was pretty freaking cool. It was OKAY to be GAY, and bisexuality was most likely a common practise in those days. If it feels good, do it. AIDS didn't exist yet and syphillis was probably looked at as good old fashioned crazy. Of course I'm exaggerating, but you catch my drift.

But then "Moses" had to come along and say that he talked to GOD or somesuch and what God had to say is "s**t AIN'T LIKE THAT! IT'S REAL ******** UP! and a bunch of other divinely inspired texts popped up over the years, one of which had a huge section on various religious laws that should separate this new religion from all the other monkeyspanking heathens out there, one of those things was no more gay, probably under the logic that gays couldn't have kids to tend the farms and HOW CAN WE BUILD OUR GREAT NATION WITHOUT FARMS? (this was serious back then, folks.) Some people agreed with this stuff and joined the plight, but the rest of the world more or less chortled at these douchebags and enslaved them and went back to building huge empires where these people would continue to be persecuted because MONOTHEISM? WTF are you smoking!? This was all well and good until SOME of these people found themselves a messiah, but rome was still rome so they chortled and nailed his a** to a cross. Those people couldn't even agree on whether or not this f*****t was the messiah, HAH! But Rome's major downfall was that they would basically worship any goddamn religion with a good party, so when the christians got their s**t together and organised a big freaking party for the Romans alluvasudden Emperor Constantine had a vision in the desert and later on decided Christianity was OK. Licinius sealed the deal but nobody knows who the ******** he is so Constantine is pretty much always attributed for making Christianity a popular religion in Rome.

Now you goooota remember. Rome takes up a lot of space. There's a lot of Christianity going on there, and now SOMEBODY's going to start reading these texts and oh boy they did. While there are a few incredibly samrt theological scholars that argue that Old Testament laws weren't important to Jesus-worshippers, Paul did do good by mumbling once or twice about homsexuality in the good NT. The roman empire falls all of a sudden, and since they were kind of assholes and were into the buttsex everyone basically embraces the anti-gay stance.

And we teach our kids this s**t, and they teach their kids this s**t.

Most modern european/americans can name at least one person in their family who's religion falls into the judeo-christian spectrum, and since this kind of thing is so stuck in our psychology it's hard to let go of. The non-christians among us grow up to use weird things like nature to justify the fact that they think it's creepy because people have been subconciously telling them it's creepy since they were little kids.

It's all basically a weird-a** religious hangover.

Oh yeah, should I say I'm a lesbian here?  

calamity

Darth_Duck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:24 am
Even if you weren't a lesbian, your colourfull oratory makes sense razz  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 am
calamity
Before I give my weird anthropological argument for why gay's are hated in today's society I would like to point out that AIDS is not really a gay disease. The reason why homosexual men are more likely to contract aids than straight men is because a**l sex is a much more efficient way of contracting your HIV than vaginal-penile intercourse. This is tru fakts.

Cliff's notes: The bibbles sez so

Anyway. Sit down and let me tell you a story. I want you to imagine a very long time ago, roughly 2000BCE. It was basically the 60's of our spiritual timeline. Polytheism and paganism were BOOMING. Free love was everywhere, and temples to Ishtar were frequented by both male and female prosty-toots. It was pretty freaking cool. It was OKAY to be GAY, and bisexuality was most likely a common practise in those days. If it feels good, do it. AIDS didn't exist yet and syphillis was probably looked at as good old fashioned crazy. Of course I'm exaggerating, but you catch my drift.

But then "Moses" had to come along and say that he talked to GOD or somesuch and what God had to say is "s**t AIN'T LIKE THAT! IT'S REAL ******** UP! and a bunch of other divinely inspired texts popped up over the years, one of which had a huge section on various religious laws that should separate this new religion from all the other monkeyspanking heathens out there, one of those things was no more gay, probably under the logic that gays couldn't have kids to tend the farms and HOW CAN WE BUILD OUR GREAT NATION WITHOUT FARMS? (this was serious back then, folks.) Some people agreed with this stuff and joined the plight, but the rest of the world more or less chortled at these douchebags and enslaved them and went back to building huge empires where these people would continue to be persecuted because MONOTHEISM? WTF are you smoking!? This was all well and good until SOME of these people found themselves a messiah, but rome was still rome so they chortled and nailed his a** to a cross. Those people couldn't even agree on whether or not this f*****t was the messiah, HAH! But Rome's major downfall was that they would basically worship any goddamn religion with a good party, so when the christians got their s**t together and organised a big freaking party for the Romans alluvasudden Emperor Constantine had a vision in the desert and later on decided Christianity was OK. Licinius sealed the deal but nobody knows who the ******** he is so Constantine is pretty much always attributed for making Christianity a popular religion in Rome.

Now you goooota remember. Rome takes up a lot of space. There's a lot of Christianity going on there, and now SOMEBODY's going to start reading these texts and oh boy they did. While there are a few incredibly samrt theological scholars that argue that Old Testament laws weren't important to Jesus-worshippers, Paul did do good by mumbling once or twice about homsexuality in the good NT. The roman empire falls all of a sudden, and since they were kind of assholes and were into the buttsex everyone basically embraces the anti-gay stance.

And we teach our kids this s**t, and they teach their kids this s**t.

Most modern european/americans can name at least one person in their family who's religion falls into the judeo-christian spectrum, and since this kind of thing is so stuck in our psychology it's hard to let go of. The non-christians among us grow up to use weird things like nature to justify the fact that they think it's creepy because people have been subconciously telling them it's creepy since they were little kids.

It's all basically a weird-a** religious hangover.

Oh yeah, should I say I'm a lesbian here?

I am sorry, but I cannot help but take offense at this attack on others beliefs...including my own. Although I have admited I am not overly supportive of the homosexual lifestyle.

I do support the rights of those that are bi, gay, and or straight. For no one should be denied their rights or subjected to any form of discrimination. So why the attack on a certain religious group or belief?

In an essesence is that not returning the actions that are being objected to in this thread?

Keiji Death Kiss

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:35 pm
From what I gathered, she was not actually attacking the religions, but moreso the persecution that those religions endorsed and executed in times past.

Although, calamity, I do ask that you be slightly more tactful in the future, as it helps get your message across and makes it easier for others to swallow.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:11 pm
Sorry about that. I don't think my sense of humour comes across well. I was trying to be silly. I hate to use this example, but if you ever do a post search on me you'll see me pulling the same thing in ED a year and a half ago.

I have absolutely no problem with religion or lack of interest/respect for homosexuals. To each their own. I was more or less giving a history of how those ideas came about then anything else, not stating my opinion. I wasn't endorsing anything. Yes, the old testament has anti-homosexual sentiment, and I don't think it's much of a surprise that back then people kind of thought monotheism was weird and persecuted the Jews an then the Christian subsect when it was actually viewed as a subsect of the Jews. It's intolerance, but the opposite kind of what we're used to. I honestly thought I came across harsher to homosexuals than others. That's why I said my sexuality at the end -.-

But I will try to work on making myself clearer, thanks. biggrin  

calamity

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

10,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:50 pm
Most are scard, they donr know about it, so its evil.
But I do, its fine, love is love.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:07 pm
I'm bi. It's who I am. I tried changing for others and almost soffocated. For some people, like myself, what someone is is not chosen, but needed to survive. I don't care who knows about who I am, and others should feel the same about who they are. Whoever is closed minded enough to hate someone different should wake up and smell the coffee. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT! Every single one of us is unique, so except people for who they are. Thank you.  

ShiroChen

nurse boobies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:25 pm
I'm proud to be a bi girl. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:37 pm
I think I throw people off a little bit, because I'm a Christian lesbian. I also believe in evolution as well as the Bible, so maybe it's just me. I think sometimes people miss the point of what the New Testament tells us.

Actual Conversation with My Friend:
"Someday when I rule the world I'm going to put all the gays on an island and nuke it in the name of God."
"Uh, so what about that part that says to love your fellow man and accept them as God accepts us?"
"Oh, I skipped that part."
" stressed Dude. You can't skip that part, it's the whole reason they wrote the book! It's the last freakin' half of it!"

I believe in God. I also love a woman. I'd love that woman even if she were born a man, because her spirit is what I'm attracted to. If God didn't want me to love her, why would He bring her into my life and let her do so much good?  

Jhesy

Broken_Heart_Music

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:56 am
I am a Christian and I dont care. If people want to marry someone of the same sex then go ahead. The bible says do not judge. So i'm not.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:17 pm
Laurentia
I don't agree with the statement 'Love is Love.' There are certain situations where just because people may have feelings for one another, or a person may 'love' someone, it's not a healthy expression of love and not something that should be permitted or encouraged.

Consenting adults who are not related have the right to enter into relationships, whatever the gender of the people involved. There's no problem with being gay, bisexual, straight, or transgendered.

I agree with the previous post that it's the current trend among teens to identify themselves as gay/bi/whatever because they think it's necessary for them to do that in order to be 'cool' or 'fit in' that's the problem.

Thank you for including us, geez so many people forget that it's the LGBT, not just LGB. I guess that there really isn't much to say, a lot of good things were said here and from my own experience. A lot of people have been cruel to me because I'm transsexual, but a lot of people have all also been really nice and supportive. I guess you just go on and just forget what other people think, after all they really don't know what you went through or what goes on in your head. I've known who I was since I was 4 years old, I don't need anyone telling me that I didn't.  

princesschelsea5

Chaos2407

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:43 pm
gay people suck  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 am
Chaos2407
gay people suck

You do realize you are in an intelligent discussion thread right? Did you even read the rules before you came in here? rolleyes

Anyway, this statement alone just shows your ignorance on the subject. You don't have anything to say other than this?
stare  

princesschelsea5

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas