Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
The nature of a perfect "God" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poisonrois

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 pm
okay.. me ready this thread and now i feel the urge to put my tuppence in biggrin

Everything is flawed
Nothing is Perfect
Therefore Everything is Imperfect
Something must be perfect for comparision
So Flaws must make perfection
Thus Everything is perfect

3nodding

As for god/Godess[es] I can't vouch for their existence...
From my conclusion, all beliefs are true from where they stand... like in the theatre and some areas are blocked from one seat yet sat in another you can see it clearly...

And yes i did write this... poet && philosopher at heart xd

much love heart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:16 pm
Each to their own
As they say
If you believe that God is perfect
Then that is your prerogative to do so
But on the other hand
Just like Poisonrois said
"Everything is flawed
Nothing is perfect"

So therefore that wondrous God you believe in
Isn't perfect, nor close to
But then again, who says He exists?

Each to their own religion, I know
But if God is meant to be perfect
And there is no God
Then what in the world is supposed to be perfect?

Answer - nothing!
For 'perfect' doesn't exist
It is a term that was created
Simply to make us humans strive
To achieve better than we already have
Until we finally reach that point
Where we deem ourselves to either be
As close to 'perfect' as we can possibly be
Or we accept the fact
That we are mere mortals
And can never achieve that wondrous title
Of Perfect

Chime Elf

Dreamer Aura Laforest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:47 pm
I'm more or less of a pantheist. God is omnipresent, thus everything is part of God. *drink tea* There, I just drank God's tea. I should thank Him/Her. I'll go make some more tea and finish some homework. The best way to thank God is to live happily and fully because if we are happy, God is happy, for we are part of God.

You don't have to believe that. I am caffeine-high right now. I bought some new teas and I'm trying them all. Glory to God for His/Her tea.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:15 am
How a creature that is not perfect will know what is perfection...

No... we can't even imagine God... so we can't know what is perfect and what is not perfect... and to me that is perfect n_n

datg

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:59 pm
I think it is truly and coherently IMPOSSIBLE to define what perfection is. We can come up with ideas, but even they would fall short or only cover at most 1%. Our knowledge, as advanced as it is now, is still no where near enough to make a comprehensible guide to perfection.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:16 am
What's perfect is imperfect and what's imperfect is perfect  

[~.Fallangel.~]

squarecircle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:18 pm
Khalida Nyoka

Beyond all of that though, I shall say this. It is impossible to know if God exists, who created whom, and for what real purpose. However, it was determined to be set out like this:

Four options.

1: God exists, and you believe; it's all good
2: God doesn't exist, and you believe; only so much harm was really done anyway
3: God Doesn't exist, and you don't believe; good, you didn't waste time or energy.
4: God exists, and you don't believe; you are in so much trouble...

So the best choice in the situation is to find a belief, and stick with it.

Also, it should be known that perfect, complete, and good are not synonomous. We are incapable of understanding the long-term in the way that God would see it. We only know a blip in the timeline, and the spites and joys that we receive therein. Just bear in mind that no matter what a perfect entity does, it will not necessarily be "good" as we define it, but it will be the right and proper thing to be done.

I'm sick and tired of hearing Pascal's Wager all the time. First of all, you're not even utilizing it properly. Blaise Pascal (who created the "wager" you just listed) created that outline in the name of the Catholic God-- not just whatever nilly-willy thing you want to believe in.

But it fails miserably on multiple grounds. What if I believe in the wrong god? What if I believe in a different god than the one that really exists? What if I accept the Catholic God, but Osiris is real and punishes me for accepting a false god when I die? It seems I have a lot to lose if I don't "pick" right.

Not only that, but if it's true that it's impossible to know if God exists, then it's also impossible to know anything about God, right? Well, what if God rewards skepticism and punishes blind belief? The Wager you've outlined is pretty cowardly-- "I don't want to be punished so I'll just pretend I believe!" Do you really think God would appreciate that sort of double crossing, fingers-crossed-behind-the-back sort of dirty, dishonest behavior? Or would he prefer you to be honest with yourself, even if it means not believing in him, or any gods at all?

I don't believe in any gods and stupid threats like Pascal's Wager will never convince me to.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:22 am
i will ay this only once, there is no god, the whole concept is a paradox and even if ppl says that thats "god's power" its just a matter of believes....

the whole concept of god must to be analized and we must take the best of the gnosis that the human have get so far about the subject.

if You do not know what am i talking about and wanna learn more about Destiny pm me wink  

General Overall Deception

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:20 pm
everyone is right... there is nothing perfect in this world. so the perfect god is the one you cant see or even think of. people have tried.. there are a million gods in the world believed in by many people and they're all different on the outside. they merely clothe whatever it is that is underneath.. what links them all.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:18 am
[~.Fallangel.~]
What's perfect is imperfect and what's imperfect is perfect

That's not actually very deep <_<  

squarecircle

ArcadiaB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:40 pm
StargemKitty
xD I suppose I should say it was a good try at making one. razz
But what you wrote there doesn't wuite make any sense. What do you want answered? Or what on earth does it mean?!
mrgreen

Dido. I agree.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:33 pm
Well, everyone has their own concept of God, regardless of what they were brought up to believe. Depending what you want out of him is what you see or imagine when you think of God.  

SmashinAmber

karmakeeper - bb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:27 am
God is a word that has many meanings, some call him by god, lord, Jesus, savoir, and those are mainly just christian words. Now, the perfect god is impossible, yet the impossible is always possible, therefore, even the perfect god is not perfect. "For perfection leaves a road for imperfection too, whatever may be perfect, seems only true to you." I could dig in deeper but, I think that might take a while, and I don't want to take so much space. "For every human being is entitled to thier own opinion which may later change there life, If you change an opinion, you have not just changed the opinion, but the very life of the person and maybe the world around them."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:18 pm
I think what you're trying to say is perfection is like beauty.. in the eye of the beholder. what I would consider a perfect world (pro-choice, marriage for gays, etc) someone else may consider a horrible world. that is why nothing is or could be universally 'perfect'.  

Calypsophia

shadowmartyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:50 pm
General Overall Deception
i will ay this only once, there is no god, the whole concept is a paradox and even if ppl says that thats "god's power" its just a matter of believes....

the whole concept of god must to be analized and we must take the best of the gnosis that the human have get so far about the subject.

if You do not know what am i talking about and wanna learn more about Destiny pm me wink

there my friend you are wrong and unwise...there is a god, the father of Jesus Christ from what we know as the Holy Bible or the Word of God, there for there is a God know as God.
Do you know the differeance between all other gods like budda and Jesus Christ? There are no remains of Jesus because he did indeed rise from the dead and when up to heaven to be back with his father. All the other so-called gods have left behind remains which just proves they where meer humans like us.

But my friends I don't know where God came from because he was there before time existed and there for there was nothing and God, but God wanted someone to talk to and to follow him so he made man and created him of his own image.

If you do not believe me then where did Christmas and Easter come from? Jesus was born on or near the date of Christmas hint the name so there for if Jesus was not born there would be no Christmas. Easter came from the resserection of Jesus Christ so there for if he did not die he cannot ressurect, and he cannot die if he was at first born.

Jesus died for your sins so that you would not go to hell! There is no big party in hell, just suffering alone. God does not send you to hell, you send YOURSELF to hell for not accepting that Jesus died for you!

Life is full of choices... but eternity has two.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff