Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fairywaif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:07 pm
Oh, and all the people you know would die, and you might new people but you'd never be able to connect on the same level because they wouldn't be immortal. Unless they were. Am I making sense here?...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:59 am
All people know they have to die at the end, I dont think its kinda scary if there's nothing after the death then you dont feel if theres nothing (Hms actually kinda scary if theres nothing) but I imagine there's a better and peacefull place after this live.. I mean I hope so.  

Blije

Ultra Sarah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:53 pm
I think most people hope there is life after death.

Who wouldn't? That's awesome!

I personally don't. So I just make the most out of what I have. Life! So that way I win either way as a happy person.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:44 pm
eternal life is more scarier becouse if you are on fire youll still be alive  

source818

Ultra Sarah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:32 pm
source818
eternal life is more scarier becouse if you are on fire youll still be alive

Not immortality ... I think you can die from fires in eternal life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:29 am
Heres what I think:

If your gonna die, only to live again in wherever you go, why die? Why not just let us live happily on Earth for eternity? We'd be able to accomplish everything we ever wanted to. We'd be able to learn every language, travel the world, meet new people, do bold things with the reassurance of eternal life. Nothing would be out of our reach. Just imagine, being boundless...

But, answer me this, what happens when things run out? When you wish to die but can't? When the world dies?(Because the world isn't limitless, the resources will eventually waste away) When you no longer see a point in trying if you know time will never run out? What then?...

I believe, that when you die, you just cease to exist. Just think, its like you just stop. Like you run out of batteries. You don't feel think, or anything...so Death is not all that bad.

At least...that is what I think. Its an inner-turmoil of mine. It may seem like I choose Death, but no...I dunno confused  

Sinfull-Serenade

Ultra Sarah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:33 pm
Sinfull-Serenade
Heres what I think:

If your gonna die, only to live again in wherever you go, why die? Why not just let us live happily on Earth for eternity? We'd be able to accomplish everything we ever wanted to. We'd be able to learn every language, travel the world, meet new people, do bold things with the reassurance of eternal life. Nothing would be out of our reach. Just imagine, being boundless...

But, answer me this, what happens when things run out? When you wish to die but can't? When the world dies?(Because the world isn't limitless, the resources will eventually waste away) When you no longer see a point in trying if you know time will never run out? What then?...

I believe, that when you die, you just cease to exist. Just think, its like you just stop. Like you run out of batteries. You don't feel think, or anything...so Death is not all that bad.

At least...that is what I think. Its an inner-turmoil of mine. It may seem like I choose Death, but no...I dunno confused

It's not that bad because you don't do anything. ANYTHING. Imagine not existing for a second. Pretty hard to imagine ... isn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:23 pm
Ultra Sarah
Sinfull-Serenade
Heres what I think:

It's not that bad because you don't do anything. ANYTHING. Imagine not existing for a second. Pretty hard to imagine ... isn't it?

Only if you feel strong bonds to reality....

If something is precoius or necessary to you, it would be hard to imagine life without it. But what would be even more difficult, and what lots of people don't do or even think about, is to imagine it without you. How would that person, object, or place be different without you interacting with it?

This is, I feel, a problem when it comes to insane people and schitzophrenics. They feel disassociated with the world, so they either trap themselves in their minds or decide to show the world they matter, sometimes by killing themselves or others.

So, I feel if a person had truly eternal life, they would eventually become so dissociated from the word that they would lock themselves away from it, mentally or physically, or they would destroy themselves. Not a happy way to go, for sure, and because of this I would choose one day of life for many.  

aIicommagali

aeset

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:08 am
I think, it all depends of the definition.
If eternal life means to be more older and older, more sicker and sicker without a release at the end, then is that the most scary one.
Death requires a definition too. If just died my shell and myself will be released of matter, then I am eternal. - I am not my body; it is just a part of me.

If it means to be ever young and I may set the phase... - Why not?
The reasons was already named: to learn every language, every skill ... to find onself.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:58 pm
Ultra Sarah
Sinfull-Serenade
Heres what I think:

Well, true...

Think of it like this though, Death would be like an eternal dreamless sleep, no thoughts, nothing. Pure nothingness. One second you'd be breathing, the next your asleep and not aware of anything. You are no longer alive Phisically or Spiritually. Kindof like...air.

I see it as, you die, your body decays or gets burned, your choice, then thats it. You die with your body. The End. Fin.

For me, its hard to explain things sweatdrop Hope you understood.

And I, in no way, am trying to change your opinion. 3nodding  

Sinfull-Serenade

Ultra Sarah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:48 pm
Sinfull-Serenade
Ultra Sarah
Sinfull-Serenade
Heres what I think:

Well, true...

Think of it like this though, Death would be like an eternal dreamless sleep, no thoughts, nothing. Pure nothingness. One second you'd be breathing, the next your asleep and not aware of anything. You are no longer alive Phisically or Spiritually. Kindof like...air.

I see it as, you die, your body decays or gets burned, your choice, then thats it. You die with your body. The End. Fin.

For me, its hard to explain things sweatdrop Hope you understood.

And I, in no way, am trying to change your opinion. 3nodding

That's pretty much the same as my opinion anyways.

But I wouldn't want that to happen to me. That's why death is scary!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:59 am
Eternal life most definitely!

To think it will never come to an end, makes life less valuable. It would be taken for granted and i think the world would be a big mess. Eww it definitely scares me more then death.  

GalaxyBoi

Spacey Wildcat

Gigabyte

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:04 am
Think carefully about it.
Death wont be life. It wont be anything. Your system shuts down and you rot. You cease to exist. A lot easier then living an eternal life, never ending pain, living long enough to do everything, watching everyone else die around you. It wouldnt be a nice life. Id prefere death.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:15 pm
Everything that's great is difficult to get to.

Think: you don't have to work. You would just stop getting paid, and live in a friends or relative's house, maybe the street. It would be a lot easier than working.  

Ultra Sarah

aIicommagali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:31 am
Ultra Sarah
Everything that's great is difficult to get to.

Think: you don't have to work. You would just stop getting paid, and live in a friends or relative's house, maybe the street. It would be a lot easier than working.

until you get hungry.....  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces