Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do the words "I love you" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDezPez

5,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:35 am
I find that these simple words really have no mean at all anymore. some one can say that they love you then leave as if nothing happened. which when you like about it is really sad because those words are supposed to mean SO much to someone...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:44 am
mushroom maya
It depends on teh context, but yes, generally it doesnt mean much in an uberly serious sense. Most of teh time these days it either doesnt mean anythign at all, or just a term of basic friend-to-friend affection.

ok, yes it does have vary little meaning now, but my friends and i all ways say we love each other because its true. we're not lez's, but my friends are so close to me that i couldn't live without them. that's not basic friend-to-friend affection.  

DvnT

DvnT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:47 am
these words are the words that keep me from going suicidle every day,
without them familys couldnt survive, friend ships would never last, and many more people would kill themselfs because they think they are nonimportant.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:34 pm
the words i love you mean a lot to me, but it depends who says it. like if a random person comes to me and say i love you then im thinking yea right, but if someone that i know and is close to me says i love you then it means a lot to me. i dont use those words unless i mean it.  

Anabethe

-Mistie_Murder-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
the {(only)} problem with life ...

to me;;
they mean alot
because i;m the type of person
that just puts herself out there whole heartedly and hopes for the best;;
and there isn;t just one way to love.
i love everyone;; just in different ways and by expressing it differently.

for example;; i don;t love my best friend the way i love my boyfriendd. but i love them both equally :]
is that there;s {(no)} background User Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:56 pm
I say it to my kids all the time. Its true that I don't have to say it so often, they know I love them without me saying it. Sometimes they need to hear it from someone who loves them unconditionally. I say it to my husband all the time also. I think more people need to say it to make it more meaningful. It an expression of my true feeling and there's nothing wrong in that.  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

kyoshiro2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:31 pm
KaguraOfTheWind
Sadly, like many words, they have been so overused and confused with other things that they have very little meaning anymore.

I'm gonna have to agree with this... How can a word that is handed out to anything and everything be taken seriously by anyone....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:04 pm
"I Love You" the most over used phrase by horny, lustfilled teens nowadays. It makes me sick to see a phrase once held for the purity of feeling that comes by you in little doses. Those words only used for family, close-friends, and the only one you admire. Now its used to "hook-up". Which takes words that mean a lot and give them little meaning anymore. How could this happen? Well, with the changing of the generations thats how the cookie crumbles! All I can say is that with love and devotion comes those three words, I want to let the one I love know I love them and only them. So I will save those words so I can keep the real meaning alive! I hope you decide to do the same also!  

TeganxTerrible

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

10binary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:19 am
CynthiaDS
Do the words "I love you" mean anything to you?

When I hear those words, I find that the people who say them do not say them like they mean them. But, how much meaning do those three words hold to you guys?

And what do they mean to you?

Because of how they have been misused. I don't actually say that to anybody
besides my mom. It could easily be taken wrongly if I say it to a girl for example.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:45 pm
I keep those words only for the one I truly care about (my GF biggrin !)
And My Family of course.

I used to use it as a joke, but, that just lessened the meaning.
Now I only use them occasionally.

I hate how these words that I learned only to use on the one I truly love, is being used to get laid. It really makes me sad...  

NothingsRuler

funky_fudge_monkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:21 pm
The phrase hasn't been said much to me, but it seems that the only people who have said that to me are the ones who ended up hurting me the most, so i prefer not to hear it, because, although it makes me happy for a while, the conclusion always ends up disasterous.
xX  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:23 pm
I wish they did
sad
But i say it to all my friends
.....All the time
So sadly its lost its true
meaning
gonk

c o o k i c r a y o n

timeshadow31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:10 pm
the words "i love u" r just words that have no meaning unless u but felling to those words that is what im saying to u guys that a word can mean the world unless it has feeling to it  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
the words "i love you" are an illusion nothing more but pain...  

invalid2323

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:27 pm
mitsukianime
the words "i love you" are an illusion nothing more but pain...

if love is an illusion, then so is pain. all things have good sides and bad sides. you couldnt know happiness without sadness. everything is temporary.. everything changes.. from good to bad and back again.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff