Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

fingerpuppet mafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:21 pm
Yes. It was kind of obvious, was it not? Here's another

What does a man love more than life?
Fear more than death or mortal strife?
What do the poor have, the rich require and all contented men desire?
What beggars keep and strife thrifts save, and all men carry to the grave?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Nothing

Dasherfay

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:09 pm
-poisonous milanos-
and all men carry to the grave?

That is not so true. Egyptians carry all their possessions to the grave, even their organs! But yes, I agree the answer is nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:57 pm
-poisonous milanos-
Yes. It was kind of obvious, was it not? Here's another

What does a man love more than life?
Fear more than death or mortal strife?
What do the poor have, the rich require and all contented men desire?
What beggars keep and strife thrifts save, and all men carry to the grave?

um, your mom? LOL

no, but seriously, it's definatly "nothing".......  

azrael the reaper_95210

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 am
nothing.

another riddle~a father and son were in a car accident. the father died instantly, and the son was rushed to the hospital, and needed immideate surgury. in the operating room, a docter came in, looked at him, and said, "i can't operate on him, he's my son." who is the doctor?~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:16 pm
The doctor was his mom.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:32 pm
Kazenge
A WATCHdog?

Correct... You always get my riddles.

Three different numbers are chosen at random, and one is written on each of three slips of paper. The slips are then placed face down on the table. The objective is to choose the slip upon which is written the largest number.

Here are the rules: You can turn over any slip of paper and look at the amount written on it. If for any reason you think this is the largest, you're done; you keep it. Otherwise you discard it and turn over a second slip. Again, if you think this is the one with the biggest number, you keep that one and the game is over. If you don't, you discard that one too, and you're stuck with the third. The chance of getting the highest number is one in three. Or is it? Is there a strategy by which you can improve the odds?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:00 pm
Not true, I didn't get the scale one. Also, The best odds are 1 in 3 due to lack of information. If they can be any number, then it would be impossible to create a plan to increase the odds.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:43 pm
nope, there's a strategy to improve your odds.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:30 pm
Ok... Umm... I guess flip over the first one, discard it. Look at the second one. If it's higher than keep it. If not higher take the third one? I reckon you would still lose most of the time, but I think it increases the odds.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:12 pm
Kazenge
Ok... Umm... I guess flip over the first one, discard it. Look at the second one. If it's higher than keep it. If not higher take the third one? I reckon you would still lose most of the time, but I think it increases the odds.

Correct, and your odds raise to 1/2 rather than 1/3.
A. 1+2+3=lose
B. 2+1+3=win
C. 3+1+2=lose
D. 3+2+1=lose
E. 2+3+1=win
F. 1+3+2=win

This comes from the days of knights and kings and fair maidens. Turns out that the fair maiden Rowena wishes to wed. Her father, the evil king, has devised a way to drive to drive off suitors. He has a quiz for the suitors, and here it is. It's very simple. There are three boxes on the table, OK? One is made of gold. One is made of silver. And the third is made of lead. Inside one of these boxes is a picture of the fair Rowena and it is the job of the knight is to figure out which-without opening them, of course- has her picture. Now, to assist him in this endeavor there are inscriptions on each of the boxes. The gold box says "Rowena's picture is in this box." The silver box says "The picture ain't in this box." The lead box says, "The picture ain't in the gold box." one of the statements, and only one, is true. If the knight just opens the box with the picture, he gets the girl. The question is: Where's the picture? I repeat, one, and only one, of the statements is true.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:00 pm
The lead box. The silver one is the true one. By saying it's not in this box, it couldn't be fake because it would be contradicting itself. So that leaves the gold and the lead. Well if we have ruled out the silver one is the true one, then the gold one must be wrong, and the lead one is wrong by saying it's not in the gold box, but it doesn't say silver box, so that is wrong. Therefor the lead box is the one with the picture. If that's incorrect then there goes my best answer.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Safety-Foam

7,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:08 pm
How did Mark legally marry three women in Michigan, without divorcing any of them, becoming legally separated, or any of them dying?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:33 pm
Mark was the pastor who married them.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Safety-Foam

7,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:04 pm
correct  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games