Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:14 pm
Kazenge
The lead box. The silver one is the true one. By saying it's not in this box, it couldn't be fake because it would be contradicting itself. So that leaves the gold and the lead. Well if we have ruled out the silver one is the true one, then the gold one must be wrong, and the lead one is wrong by saying it's not in the gold box, but it doesn't say silver box, so that is wrong. Therefor the lead box is the one with the picture. If that's incorrect then there goes my best answer.

Nope, want to try your second best?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:17 pm
Lol that's a lie. Why isn't it correct? Seems perfectly logical.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Miuki Vulom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:17 pm
Quote:
Lightwater2520
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Kazenge Wrote:
Ok... Umm... I guess flip over the first one, discard it. Look at the second one. If it's higher than keep it. If not higher take the third one? I reckon you would still lose most of the time, but I think it increases the odds.

Correct, and your odds raise to 1/2 rather than 1/3.
A. 1+2+3=lose
B. 2+1+3=win
C. 3+1+2=lose
D. 3+2+1=lose
E. 2+3+1=win
F. 1+3+2=win

This comes from the days of knights and kings and fair maidens. Turns out that the fair maiden Rowena wishes to wed. Her father, the evil king, has devised a way to drive to drive off suitors. He has a quiz for the suitors, and here it is. It's very simple. There are three boxes on the table, OK? One is made of gold. One is made of silver. And the third is made of lead. Inside one of these boxes is a picture of the fair Rowena and it is the job of the knight is to figure out which-without opening them, of course- has her picture. Now, to assist him in this endeavor there are inscriptions on each of the boxes. The gold box says "Rowena's picture is in this box." The silver box says "The picture ain't in this box." The lead box says, "The picture ain't in the gold box." one of the statements, and only one, is true. If the knight just opens the box with the picture, he gets the girl. The question is: Where's the picture? I repeat, one, and only one, of the statements is true.

its the silver box.
explanation:
the gold says is in itself
the silver says not in itself
the lead says its not in the gold box
if gold is correct:
it would also be in the silver box.

if silver is correct, then the lead means its in the gold box and the gold box means it isnt.

if lead is correct:
gold changes to not in, and silver changes to yes in.

silver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:59 pm
Lol over achiever. Ok you beat me. Next riddle!  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Miuki Vulom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:41 pm
im no good at making riddles...
i think this is a good one...

bees are attracted to honey.
man is attracted to woman.
what place am i talking about?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:40 pm
I'm going to guess a garden. But I know that's wrong.

A boy goes off to college and after the first semester he's run out of money.
In fact, he's so broke he doesn't have enough money to call home, or to even send a letter. However, he manages to find a postcard with a stamp already on it.

He sends the following message, "Send. More money." Here's how the message reads: from left to right, "s-e-n-d." Directly below those four letters, is the word "more." To the left of "more" is a plus sign. There is a line underneath those two words, and under that is the word "money", with the "m" under the plus sign, and the "y" under the "d" and "e" in "send" and "more." The question is, how much money do they send him? Believe it or not, there's only one solution.  

Lightwater2520

Miuki Vulom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:02 pm
your right about being wrong XD
the asnwer is:

bees are attracted to honey.
man is attracted to woman.
what place am i talking about?

bees arent atracted to huney, they make it, therefor, attracted is the key word.
how do women make themselves look more attractive? 1: jewlery 2: makeup.
so there could be two possible answers:
a jewlery store, or a makeup store.

pretty good, right?

as for yours:

i doubt it, but i think it has to do with the number 79:

s-e-n-d
+ m-o-r-e
m-o-n-e-y

19 5 14 4
+ 13 15 18 5
13 15 14 5 25

32 20 32 9

13 16
17 6 27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:24 pm
ok, i fricken give up man.
TELL ME TEH GODAMN ANSWER!!!!!  

Miuki Vulom

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:14 pm
Other people need a chance and you are incorrect. Each letter stands for a single digit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:32 am
Single Digit? I guess that means 0-9 are available. Umm..

send
+ more
---------
money

+1085
---------

If I assume that M is not 0 then this is the only solution right? M can't be 0 because it is the first letter in More and Money. If it was 0 that M wouldn't be there.

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:07 pm
Correct, 10,652 is the amount that was requested.

Back in the old days ships of yesteryear were driven by steam and it was often the case that the ship would outlive the engine and the boiler and they'd have to replace them. Now, take one ship for example. When you add the age of the ship and the age of its boiler, it totals 42 years. So S + B = 42. Now pay attention! The ship is twice as old as the boiler was when the ship was as old as the boiler is now.

The question is how old are they?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:24 pm
theres no way to correctly say the last sentence stressed  

Miuki Vulom

K i r b e e e

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:37 am
Andromeda Zreng
An arrow.

They come at night without being called
They are lost at daybreak without being stolen.

It's really easy, but there it is.

stars  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 am
Mizyroorulz
Andromeda Zreng
An arrow.

They come at night without being called
They are lost at daybreak without being stolen.

It's really easy, but there it is.

stars

What riddle were you answering with arrow?  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:57 pm
Miuki Vulom
theres no way to correctly say the last sentence stressed

Yes there is.
Back in the old days ships of yesteryear were driven by steam and it was often the case that the ship would outlive the engine and the boiler and they'd have to replace them. Now, take one ship for example. When you add the age of the ship and the age of its boiler, it totals 42 years. So S + B = 42. Now pay attention! The ship is twice as old as the boiler was when the ship was as old as the boiler is now.

The question is how old are they?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games