Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:16 am
Um, is the ship 28 years old and the boiler 14?

Don't know what riddles have been asked in this thread already, so I'll just put mine down:

A man leaves home running. He stops and turns a 45 degree angle to the left and continues running. After the same distance, he turns 45 degrees left again and runs the same distance. At this point, he stops. Where is he?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:00 pm
zfatal
Um, is the ship 28 years old and the boiler 14?

Don't know what riddles have been asked in this thread already, so I'll just put mine down:

A man leaves home running. He stops and turns a 45 degree angle to the left and continues running. After the same distance, he turns 45 degrees left again and runs the same distance. At this point, he stops. Where is he?

close enough, it's 24 and 18.
S+B=42,
S=2(B-(S-B))
ECT...

He ends up the same distance from home and half that distance from his original path.  

Lightwater2520

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:03 pm
I don't know if your answer to that is correct or not, but its not about distance. Where is he, as in, location? He's not at home....  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:11 pm
We'd need more info. You just said he runs, then stops and turns. How far does he run, all we know about the area is his home, how can we guess where he is? It could be a bowling alley in that case.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:49 am
All the info you need is right there. Think outside the box. What does home represent?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:33 pm
He's at third base, in a baseball game.

(I have no riddles.)

the forgotten enigma

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:16 pm
Actually it'd be second base.

What row of numbers comes next?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:22 pm
you just state how many of the numbers in the preceding row there are. for instance, 11 is two ones or 21

The seven employees of the Coney Island Crab Cake Company are sitting in the lunchroom having lunch, when they decide that they would like to know the average salary at the company.

Obviously, each person could write down his salary, they could add the salaries and divide by seven. But, they don't want to do that because nobody wants to divulge his salary.

As luck would have it, the boss enters the lunchroom. The employees ask if he can tell them the average salary. He says, "No, but I can tell you the highest salary and the lowest. And I can tell you that none of you earn the same amount. But I can't tell you what the average salary is-- you'll have to figure that out for yourselves. "

Here's my question. Is there a way for these seven people in the lunchroom to figure out what the average salary is, without divulging anyone's salary AND without discovering the highest and lowest salaries?  

Lightwater2520

beautiful expression

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:49 pm
xXLuckeXx
BluePod
I think the answear to the train one is 100 miles.

I don't know if that was a wild guess but that is correct.

Anywayz, here is another riddle. It is said that 98% of the world can not solve the riddle. Are you in the lucky 2%. Do not cheat!!

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The question is: Who owns the fish?

Hints:

* The Brit lives in the red house.
* The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
* The Dane drinks tea.
* The green house is on the left of the white house.
* The green homeowner drinks coffee.
* The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
* The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
* The man living in the center house drinks milk.
* The Norwegian lives in the first house.
* The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
* The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
* The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
* The German smokes prince.
* The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
* The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.

The german!

What runs but can not walk, has a mouth but can not talk?
(I know it's lame but i couldn't think of one)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:15 pm
A river, stick to current riddle please smile  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 am
I'll restate it.
The seven employees of a Company are sitting in the lunchroom having lunch, when they decide that they would like to know the average salary at the company. Obviously, each person could write down his salary, they could add the salaries and divide by seven. But, they don't want to do that because nobody wants to divulge his salary. Is there a way for these seven people in the lunchroom to figure out what the average salary is, without divulging anyone's salary?

There, simplified.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:03 pm
I think the first person would take his salary, and just add some number in front of it. So if his Salary was 125, sya he added 6000 to it and got 6125. He passes that on to the next person, who adds their salary, and continues passing down the line. When it reaches the seventh person, he adds his salary and says it back to the first person. The first person subtracts his 6000 and divides by 7 for the total right? That is assuming no one wants to have fun and adds another big number to it.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:11 pm
Correct
While browsing through my favorite crafts and tool catolague, I came across a very strange-looking package of stick-on plastic numbers. It was a repair kit for a specific task. And it contained the following set of numerals: a 0, five 1's, two 2's, a 3, a 4, a 5, a pair of 6's, a 7 and an 8.

What are these numbers intended for?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:21 pm
'Twould be a clock, my friend. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

...and one of those 6's is a 9. 3nodding

Okay, next riddle.

A man lives on the 40th floor of a high-rise apartment. He takes the elevator down to the 1st floor and leaves for work in the morning. When he returns, he takes the elevator to the 20th floor and walks the rest of the way up. Why?

There is a logical explanation; if you're having trouble, you might take a gander over to the nearest elevator and check it out.

And the answer isn't that the elevator randomly stopped. This happens everyday, for a reason.  

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

Miuki Vulom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:51 pm
elevators dont go up to the highest point.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games