Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:38 pm
Same concept as with the 5 gallons 3 gallons get 4 gallons thing. Fill the 13, pour 7 of it into the 7. So you have 6 left. Dump the 7 pour the 6 in leaving 1 gallon left in the 7. Refill the 13, pour 1 into it. dump the 7 and pour 7 from the now 12 into the 7 leaving it at 5. Dump the 7 and pour the 5 in. Refill 13, pour into 5, leaving 11, pour out the 7 and pour the 7 in leaving it at 4. Pour out, put 4 in the 7, and refill the 13. Pour 3 into 7 and have it at 10. Pour out 7, pour in 7 leaving the 13 at 3, pour out, and pour the 3 into the 7. Refill 13, pour 4 into the 7, so the 13 has 9, pour out the 7, pour 7 from the 9 into the 3 gallon leaving only 2 gallons left in the 13. Congratulations pancakes are now yours *feasts*  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:05 pm
The easier way would be to fill up the 7, pour it in the 13, then fill up the 7 again. Fill up the 13 the rest of the way with the 7, leaving one in the 7. Dump the 13 then pour the one into the 13. fill up the 7 and pour it in the 13. There is room for five more in the 13, so fill up the 7 and fill up the 13 from the seven. There will be two left in the 7, and you can dump the 13.
But Kazenge's way works too.

Tommy and I where walking by some candy machenes when I got a hankering for a candy bar. I reached into my pocket, and, luckily, I had a dollar bill. As I approached the machine with my crisp dollar bill, I notice the thing says, "Exact Change Only." The candy bar I wanted was 95 cents.
I turn to Tommy, and I say, "Can you break a buck?"
Tommy reaches into his pocket, and says, " I know I have 6 coins." The 6 coins add up to $1.15. But I can't make change for a dollar."
I say, "Huh?" Can you make change for half a dollar?"
Tommy says, "No."
I then ask, "Can you make change for a quarter?"
Tommy says, "No, I can't do that either."
"How about a dime?"
"No."
"A nickel?"
"No."
So, I say, "Can you just buy me the candy bar?" To which Tommy replies, "No, I can't do that, either."
The question is, what were the 6 coins in Tommy's pocket?  

Lightwater2520

Takeda Keita

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:06 pm
This one took help from the bro:
-dollar coin
-half dollar
-dime
-dime
-dime
-dime  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:54 pm
1 quarter, 4 dimes, and 1 half-dollar?

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

Takeda Keita

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:59 pm
whoops. i put dollar coin by accident :p  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:44 am
turtlegirl100
1 quarter, 4 dimes, and 1 half-dollar?

Correct.

An off-duty policeman is working as a night watchman in an office building. He's doing his rounds, and he comes to a closed door. Behind the door, he hears voices. He hears people talking and an argument seems to be taking place. The voices are raised. He hears one of them say, "No, Frank, no! Don't do it, you'll regret it." Bang! Bang! Bang! He bursts through the door. What does he see? A dead man on the floor. In the room, are three living people: a minister, a doctor, and a plumber. He walks over to the minister and says, "You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent..." ect.
How does he know that it was the minister that pulled the trigger?  

Lightwater2520

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:41 pm
The doctor and the plumber are female, meaning the minister is the only one who could be 'Frank.'  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:36 pm
zfatal
The doctor and the plumber are female, meaning the minister is the only one who could be 'Frank.'

Correct.
There was a certain cargo carried by ships of old, a very ordinary cargo, which if not stowed properly, could sink a ship in minutes and without warning. What was that cargo?

Now before you start conjuring up smoldering gun powder or steaming whale oil or some esoteric substance from that bygone era, I'll give a hint, maybe two or three hints. It's something that's still transported by ship today. It's something that each and every one of us knows, and it's likely that you have some of it right now in your house. The question is, what is it?  

Lightwater2520

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 pm
Gasoline?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:59 am
nope.

There was a certain cargo carried by ships of old, a very ordinary cargo, which if not stowed properly, could sink a ship in minutes and without warning. What was that cargo?

Now before you start conjuring up smoldering gun powder or steaming whale oil or some esoteric substance from that bygone era, I'll give a hint, maybe two or three hints. It's something that's still transported by ship today. It's something that each and every one of us knows, and it's likely that you have some of it right now in your house. The question is, what is it?  

Lightwater2520

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:02 am
Heh... people.

Edit: Or, water.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:19 pm
Nope, neither people nor water.

Lightwater2520

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 am
Grain, or fertilizer.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:07 am
Alcohol?  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

dragonboy30303

5,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:55 pm
Is the answer rice?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games