Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Atheism is NOOOOOOOT a religion!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:15 pm
Shuyajin
kyoshiro2
Your very single minded aren't you...
And there is no proof 'God' exists... And 'God' is more a belief than a religion in my opinion...

Where is the proof that you exist? Cause I don't believe that you do.

Someone had to type that message, therefore whoever wrote that message exists.

Duh. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:31 pm
hair of the dog
Shuyajin
kyoshiro2
And there is no proof 'God' exists... And 'God' is more a belief than a religion in my opinion...

Duh. confused

It could've been a computer program created to make random posts to support atheism. lol  

TenguHime

xXFurygeistXx

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Methinks there may be aethiests out there who beg to differ...but getting them to agree to that may be kind of hard.... stare  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:49 pm
TenguHime
hair of the dog
Shuyajin
kyoshiro2

Duh. confused

It could've been a computer program created to make random posts to support atheism. lol

But someone had to make that computer program.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Ra1k1ra_Kakashi SnJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:18 pm
Um... I'm agnostic. eek Like, you know... a cross between atheist and religious, sort of. No one really needs to know that, though.

Being obsessive-compulsive, I fear to discuss religion as to fear of offending anyone. sweatdrop But I'm also pretty... vicious inwardly, so... if provoked, I will argue. twisted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:52 am
Religion doesn't cause all the wars they say it does. People only use that as a reason to wage war.

I think Atheism is a good idea, but it doesn't work. Best example I can give is Communism. If everyone was Atheist, alot of wars would be prevented over religion. Then again, this is only a theory.

It might turn into some screwed up version of 'Equilibrium' and I can't imagine the world like that. It wouldn't work practically.  

Teh Jp

ShiCent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:17 am
I don't really care. I'm a Christian by name but not a Christian by heart. I don't go to church, I don't pray and I don't think God is watching me right now. One thing's for sure, I know what's right from wrong. It's natural. I grew up being told about these things. I know stuff because of experience. I follow rules to avoid being shunned by the society...to have less problems if possible...to have a decent life. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 am
lol

You have to believe in god to believe theres no god. If you're preaching that god doesn't exist you're unwitingly acknowlodging that there is a god.  

Nazara

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:16 pm
Teh jp
Religion doesn't cause all the wars they say it does. People only use that as a reason to wage war.

I think Atheism is a good idea, but it doesn't work. Best example I can give is Communism. If everyone was Atheist, alot of wars would be prevented over religion. Then again, this is only a theory.

It might turn into some screwed up version of 'Equilibrium' and I can't imagine the world like that. It wouldn't work practically.

Religion might not be the reason a government wants to go to war, but that is the justification they give to the populous and the reason that many of the population will be in favor of a war.

Well, yeah, if everyone was an atheist, there would be no religion behind which to hide the true intentions of the government. However, it's also true that they may find something else to wield against the people.

However, I don't think an atheistic society would be any worse off for that than a religiously-based society. At least the tenets of said society would be based on secular reasoning that more people would agree on.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:17 pm
Nazara
lol

You have to believe in god to believe theres no god. If you're preaching that god doesn't exist you're unwitingly acknowlodging that there is a god.

That is completely contradictory. If you say you don't believe in something, how does that mean that you DO believe it? That doesn't make any sense.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

[Don Quixote]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:25 pm
It is as sure as a religion, and centralized around a belief.

Sounds like a religion to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:17 pm
dude ur an idiot religion is not an organized meeting religion is your personal belief in what the universe is all about what happens after death what the reason for our being is ect.for example my religion is christianty but i do not go to church i worship on my own in my own home by myself. u see there are two subforums undwer religion organized religion and unorganized riligion a person who practices in unorganized religion is a person like me a person who practices in organized religion is someone who goes to chruch. this is fact not opinion. athiest by definition is a religion wether u or anybody else likes it or not  

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zivillyn

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:47 am
yeah, I have to agree with the guy who created this about atheism not being a religion. religion is defined as the belief in some higher power, atheism does not believe in a higher power, and thus, by the dictionary's logic, is not a religion. Im not going to get into an argument about whether or not god exists, your all entitled to your own beliefs, I believe in god, but I also think that he has something better to do with his free time than watch over a world filled with small, powerless, and idiotic beings. (yes I just called the human race idiots, that encompasses me as well, so if you want to b***h at me, pay attention to the context)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:20 pm
Zivillyn
yeah, I have to agree with the guy who created this about atheism not being a religion. religion is defined as the belief in some higher power, atheism does not believe in a higher power, and thus, by the dictionary's logic, is not a religion. Im not going to get into an argument about whether or not god exists, your all entitled to your own beliefs, I believe in god, but I also think that he has something better to do with his free time than watch over a world filled with small, powerless, and idiotic beings. (yes I just called the human race idiots, that encompasses me as well, so if you want to b***h at me, pay attention to the context)

i would not say it is exactly defined as a belief in a higher power but about a higher power and what an athiest belives about a higher power is that it does not exist and if this argument does not get u then look at budists do you consider buhdism a religion because they do not believe in a god and no budah is not a god he was a prince if u don't believe me look it up  

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lovely Melted Crayons

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:44 am
User Image

ok here comes littel Christian me :3

God, he is real. there is prof god is there. Look around you! nature, trees, animals, family, love, kindness, air, ect. it didnt happen bc of a big bang- God created it :3 and when we pray to God you alwasys seem to get an answer through something or somebody.

heres a theory:

you dont see air, do you..?
no.
how do you know its their?
bc.
well God is their and you can't see him.
oh.

^ yeah God is real. Jusrt bc u can't see him doesn't mean He isnt there  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas