Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Continuing to get everything. (suggestions on team building) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the plan on completing data for the Sinnoh Dex before working on the national Dex, absurd?
  Or just well planned?
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Uxie has been obtained.
Azelf has much higher sp. atk though, so my strategy won't work at the current levels. (level 41 Sneasel, and level 25 Spiritomb, Yeah, I used those two to get and weaken the Uxie, I feel special.)
My plan is to get the two up another 4 or 5 levels, and either get my munchlax evolved, or my happiny evolved (and then evolved again) for the defense and HP bonuses.

I'm not EV training or for the most part nature training, but I'll begin that after I get the Pokeradar. It could make things easier though.
I don't want to get mesprit after I can get an Absol though, that would mean getting the National dex.

I'll probably just look around and see who has a spare Absol that i could breed, or an Absol egg. Worst case I continue to raise the Sneasel and Spiritomb by another 4 or 5 levels so that they can take a punch.
I don't want to use the GTC, since I can't search for national dex pokemon currently, and most of the pokemon that I want, are national. (with a few exceptions)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:47 pm
Now it's just Mesprit.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 pm
wellwisher
Now it's just Mesprit.

The hardest of the bunch... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:11 pm
Nadian
wellwisher
Now it's just Mesprit.

I will get him before the elite four.

I might just pull out a third nonmain pokemon. (nonmain? My only main pokemon is Staraptor....)
Get gengar to meanlook, Get Spiritomb to Sleep, then get Sneasel to False Swipe.

it should work. I haven't looked around, but I assume that Mesprit follows the same codes as the original wandering legendaries (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) in that they keep their HP exactly as it is when they leave the battle. meaning through numerous encounters it would be possible to whittle down to 1 if I'm not oing to mean look.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:00 pm
wellwisher
Nadian
wellwisher
Now it's just Mesprit.

I will get him before the elite four.

I might just pull out a third nonmain pokemon. (nonmain? My only main pokemon is Staraptor....)
Get gengar to meanlook, Get Spiritomb to Sleep, then get Sneasel to False Swipe.

it should work. I haven't looked around, but I assume that Mesprit follows the same codes as the original wandering legendaries (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) in that they keep their HP exactly as it is when they leave the battle. meaning through numerous encounters it would be possible to whittle down to 1 if I'm not oing to mean look.

Mesprit's damage and status do stay the same between battles, however Mean Look doesn't keep a pokemon from running away if your pokemon that used it switches out or faints. That's why I was mentioning wanting an Absol, before. sweatdrop

I'll tell you what... I sort of feel like breeding an Absol with a 31 speed IV, Mean Look, and Baton Pass. He'll also have Swords Dance and False Swipe. Let's see how that goes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:26 pm
Nadian
Mesprit's damage and status do stay the same between battles, however Mean Look doesn't keep a pokemon from running away if your pokemon that used it switches out or faints. That's why I was mentioning wanting an Absol, before. sweatdrop

I'll tell you what... I sort of feel like breeding an Absol with a 31 speed IV, Mean Look, and Baton Pass. He'll also have Swords Dance and False Swipe. Let's see how that goes.
You breed whatever you feel like. I don't get picky and I breed my own pokemon if they aren't, well, mine. (which makes the lottery a wasted addition to the game, but so what, the odds of winning are so slim that it doesn't matter much anyways.)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:54 pm
wellwisher
Nadian

You breed whatever you feel like. I don't get picky and I breed my own pokemon if they aren't, well, mine. (which makes the lottery a wasted addition to the game, but so what, the odds of winning are so slim that it doesn't matter much anyways.)

Okay, then, here's what I'll do...

Once I've got my Absol parents that will breed my final Absol, I'll also get you a male and female Absol so that you can breed your own. I can also give EV training instructions, if desired.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:50 pm
Nadian

Once I've got my Absol parents that will breed my final Absol, I'll also get you a male and female Absol so that you can breed your own. I can also give EV training instructions, if desired.
I don't need two Absol's.
I only need one to breed an army.

although, a little more information on EV training would be helpful.
From what I can gather, when pokemon hatch from eggs, all of their stats (Attack, Defense, special Attack, special Defense, Speed) are all selected with a number from 4-6.
The parents determine the point values.

I don't know how the points are determined. but I know that 20 is the worst, and 30 would technically be the best. I know it's a very simple bit of information that I have, but that's about it.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:37 am
wellwisher
Nadian

I don't need two Absol's.
I only need one to breed an army.

although, a little more information on EV training would be helpful.
From what I can gather, when pokemon hatch from eggs, all of their stats (Attack, Defense, special Attack, special Defense, Speed) are all selected with a number from 4-6.
The parents determine the point values.

I don't know how the points are determined. but I know that 20 is the worst, and 30 would technically be the best. I know it's a very simple bit of information that I have, but that's about it.

Alright, now that I've got a fresh day, let me attempt to explain why I want to give you two so you can make your one ultimate Mean Look + Baton Pass Absol. 3nodding

The female Absol will be Adamant and have a 31 Speed IV. Her purposes in the breeding process:

-The offspring will be an Absol (it picks up the female's specie)
-Thanks to an Everstone, the offspring has a 50% chance of being Adamant
-The 31 Speed IV greatly increases the chance that the offspring will also have a 31 Speed IV

The male Absol will have all 4 moves I think he should have (Mean Look, Baton Pass, Swords Dance, False Swipe) and a 31 Speed IV. His purposes in the breeding process:

-The offspring will know all the required Egg moves, no level 57 Umbreon required, no False Swipe TM required
-The 31 Speed IV greatly increases the chance that the offspring will also have a 31 Speed IV

Basically, with the two of them, all you would need to do is:

-Put an Everstone on the female
-Put them both in the Daycare Center
-For each hatched egg, keep the ones that are Adamant, have Super Luck, and are Alert To Sounds
-Once you have one with all three of those and you verify that it has a 31 Speed IV, you've got the one you're going to keep smile

The reason I'm emphasizing the 31 Speed IV is that an IV is the random part of a pokemon's stat ; 31 is the highest it can go.

I'm choosing an Adamant nature so that he can do more damage with False Swipe.

Once you properly EV train him, at level 46 his speed will be 116. Wild Cresselia and Wild Mesprit can't get fast than 115, so you will always be able to outrun them (specifically, pull off a Mean Look before they can run away.) Being level 46 means you can lead the party with him and use the Repel trick I mentioned before. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:23 am
Nadian
Alright, now that I've got a fresh day, let me attempt to explain why I want to give you two so you can make your one ultimate Mean Look + Baton Pass Absol. 3nodding

The female Absol will be Adamant and have a 31 Speed IV. Her purposes in the breeding process:

The male Absol will have all 4 moves I think he should have (Mean Look, Baton Pass, Swords Dance, False Swipe) and a 31 Speed IV. His purposes in the breeding process:

-The offspring will know all the required Egg moves, no level 57 Umbreon required, no False Swipe TM required

-For each hatched egg, keep the ones that are Adamant, have Super Luck, and are Alert To Sounds
-Once you have one with all three of those and you verify that it has a 31 Speed IV, you've got the one you're going to keep smile

The reason I'm emphasizing the 31 Speed IV is that an IV is the random part of a pokemon's stat ; 31 is the highest it can go.

Once you properly EV train him, at level 46 his speed will be 116. Wild Cresselia and Wild Mesprit can't get fast than 115, so you will always be able to outrun them (specifically, pull off a Mean Look before they can run away.) Being level 46 means you can lead the party with him and use the Repel trick I mentioned before. 3nodding

OK, so...
determining the IV of the pokemon...
IV = (((stat / nature) - 5) * 100 / level) - (Effort Points)/4 - (base stat * 2)
Then I want the number to be at 31 when calculating the speed. With the Adamant nature boosting the attack at the cost of the Special Attack stat.

My questions:
stat divided by nature?
Base stat being when they hatch from an egg?
I keep the ones that are Adamant, have Super Luck, and are "Alert to Sounds" how does that correlate to the breeding parents? Do I merely move the breeding pairs to the new ones or continue to breed the same two parents? If I continue with the same parents, I wouldn't need the additional Absols. Correct?  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:49 pm
wellwisher
Nadian

OK, so...
determining the IV of the pokemon...
IV = (((stat / nature) - 5) * 100 / level) - (Effort Points)/4 - (base stat * 2)
Then I want the number to be at 31 when calculating the speed. With the Adamant nature boosting the attack at the cost of the Special Attack stat.

My questions:
stat divided by nature?
I keep the ones that are Adamant, have Super Luck, and are "Alert to Sounds" how does that correlate to the breeding parents? Do I merely move the breeding pairs to the new ones or continue to breed the same two parents? If I continue with the same parents, I wouldn't need the additional Absols. Correct?

My plan actually would have you not need to worry about the massive details of IV breeding ; you'd plop these two Absol in and one of their offspring would be the Absol I've been dreaming of. smile I've figured out a plan on how you can check for a 31 speed IV, too. I'll try and explain the details of that later, but first I'll try and answer your questions.

For starters, I wanted to mention that I don't use that formula you've got. (It's a bit imprecise.) But, if that's what you're stuck with, you're best off using an IV Calculator which does it for you, something like this or this.

The first thing to remember about the IV formula you've been given is that it's just the stat equation solved for the IV component. Stats are determined like so:

Stat = (5 + (base stat * 2 + floor(Effort Points / 4) + IV) * level / 100) * nature

So, now answering your questions...

Quote:
stat divided by nature?

Yeah. The "nature" value is one of 0.9, 1, or 1.1 ; 0.9 if the nature subtracts from the given stat, 1.1 if the nature increases the given stat, and 1 if it doesn't affect it at all. So, in the case of this Absol, it would be a 1 because Adamant doesn't change the speed stat at all. (In other words, you can toss out the nature.)

Quote:

Base Stat is actually a value inside the game. For example, in the case of Absol, you can look at the bottom of this page and see the following Base Stats:

id | name | hp | atk | def | sak | sdf | spd
----------------------------------------------
359 | Absol | 65 | 130 | 60 | 75 | 60 | 75

In other words, Absol will have a lot of physical attack, but his other stats aren't going to be that impressive. (He's only barely fast enough for our purposes, in fact.)

Quote:
I keep the ones that are Adamant, have Super Luck, and are "Alert to Sounds" how does that correlate to the breeding parents?

The female will have a 50% chance to pass her nature to the offspring. Super Luck will be entirely by chance, but is much better than Pressure (don't want the pokemon you're gonna catch to run out of PP even faster!)

"Alert To Sounds" means that the Absol might have a 31 speed IV. Basically, this sentence is called the Characteristic. It tells you a bit about his highest IV (if two stats are tied for highest, it'll choose one at random.)

"Alert To Sounds" means that his Speed IV is his highest IV and it's one of the following values: 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31.

So, if you have an Absol that is Adamant and "Alert To Sounds", all you have to do is tell which one of those IVs he has, and that's pretty simple! At level 5, if his speed is 14, he has a 31 Speed IV. (Lower speed would mean one of the lower IVs.)

So, the strategy is to save your game, use 4 Rare Candies on him, determine if he has a 14 speed, and reload you game (so that you still have those 4 Rare Candies.)

Quote:
Do I merely move the breeding pairs to the new ones or continue to breed the same two parents? If I continue with the same parents, I wouldn't need the additional Absols. Correct?

You'd continue breeding the same two parents, no need to replace any of them. smile The child Absol would be one with your OT (which you want) but which also fulfills the Repel + Mean Look + Baton Pass role (which should be very useful for capturing Mesprit and Cresselia.)

I should also mention that you don't want to take the father out until you've obtained the Absol you want. As long as you leave a pokemon in the Day Care Center, they will continue to pass on the same egg moves, but once you take the male out, his egg moves and TMs will be replaced with stuff he'd learn while leveling up, making him useless for future breeding. (Since the female doesn't pass on moves, it's okay if she's taken out early.)

I've got a relevant question, though. Do you want Pokerus? I will most likely ensure that one of the Absols I send you has Pokerus so that you can infect something on your own. Relevant information:

-Pokerus doubles the speed that a pokemon gains EVs. When you have to do EV training, this will prove to be quite valuable as it will halve the time required.

-Pokerus can be preserved forever by infecting a random pokemon with it and leaving that pokemon in the PC boxes forever.

-After doing that, you'll be able to infect any pokemon you want from now until the heat death of the universe. Just take the infected pokemon out, infect the other pokemon of your choosing, and put the original infected pokemon back in the box.

-Pokemon lose the ability to pass on Pokerus by being in your party when the in-game clock passes midnight. This is regardless of whether you're playing at the time or not.

-Pokemon which lose the ability to pass on Pokerus still get double EVs.

-To pass on Pokerus... "A Pokémon with the Pokérus will infect other Pokémon in the Trainer's active party while walking, battling, or healing at a Pokémon Center."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:08 pm
OK, So, I'll use the serebii calculator.
So, every Absol I hatch that is "Alert to Sounds" and Adamant Nature. I should raise to level 5 to see what it's stats are?
(I don't like using rare candies, so I'll use my one trick for fast training to level 5. (which consists of facing pokemon in Route 203 with a high level pokemon with an EXP. share on both the one I'm raising and the one that I'm battling with)

I already have the Pokerus on a ditto that was traded to me by Jess_Squared.
The Ditto is the only one infected though, I'm going to be very careful about which ones I infect, and which ones that I infect later/not at all.
I'm going to do all of the legends for sure, and the Eons, If I breed new starters for nature/stats I'll Infect them.

Pretty much once I get the Sinnoh Dex done, and capture another load of pokemon, I'll start training pokemon for actual use besides in-game playing. Then I'll be infecting. (plus a lot of the Legends seem to have natures that are hindering, or neutral, which I'll have to combat.)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:09 pm
First Honey that I use yeilds a Combee. (male, but it just takes some breeding to fix that.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:07 pm
Made the front page more general, more sppecific, and with more information.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:48 pm
Trading Fodder at the moment consists of:
12 Cranidos. (2 are female)
3 Marill (all male)
Azurill (1, it's female.)
azumarill (1, it's male)
5 male Combee.
7 Combee eggs.
2 Wooper (both male, both at level 20.)
a Remoraid (level 1, female)
a mystery egg that I don't remember what it is, but I don't need it apparently.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff