Do you live by a Quote?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Azzandra1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." - Mark Twain  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:41 am
"Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry."
- Bill Cosby

((LOL kind of random and I don't even know who Bill Cosby is, yet I found it to be quite funny that most of the names of my family members end in a vowel.))  

sugarynsweetapplepie

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:13 pm
live your life to the fullest, because you've only got one.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:20 pm
"Expectation is the root of all heartache"- William Shakespeare (I think, found off the very unreliable internet DX)
Basically I take it as do whatever you want to do 3nodding  

RiziN-ergeez

Kitsune Voss

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:15 pm
Oh god I have to pick one? I collect quotes so I have so many.
hmmm...

Second hand books are wild books, homeless books; they have come together in vast flocks of variegated feather, and have a charm which the domesticated volumes of the library lack.
- Virginia Woolf

Advice to children crossing the street: damn the lights. Watch the cars. The lights ain't never killed nobody.
~Moms Mabley

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.
~Daniele Vare

What is morality in any given time or place? It is what the majority then and there happen to like, and immorality is what they dislike.
~Alfred North Whitehead, Dialogues, 30 August 1941

Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.
~Loren Eiseley

They came first for the Communists, and I didn's speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionists. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.
-Martin Niemoeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
~Philip K. d**k

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
~John Kenneth Galbraith

ok i think i should stop now.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:04 pm
"Even if it doesn't come true... if you believe in something that is bigger than yourself, you'll definitely be pointed in the right direction." - NHK ni Yokoso (a manga)  

Ixcilia

LunaMaeMoon

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:34 am
Imagination is more Important than Knowledge - Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 pm
"Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's watching, and live like it's heaven on earth" ~ Mark Twain

Twain actually have good quotes (was shocking to me)

everlane

Curley Whirly

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:50 pm
"We are men of action, lies do not become us."
Wesley, Princess Bride.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:37 pm
He who denies the existence of a truth because it sounds negative creates a vacuum that draws the darkness unto him." -unknown

"Evil forces always arise to fill a vacuum and if we find ourselves approaching such a vacuum we need to fill it with light and not darkness. The vacuums are created by injustices, economic instability, threat of war, unemployment and so on." -unknown

“No matter how dark the night, somehow the sun rises once again and all shadows are chased away” -David Mathew Click

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people." -Martin Luther King Jr

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?" -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

//EDIT//

"I looked at him and thought he looked as frightened as I was. I looked at him, and I saw myself." -Hiccup, How to Train Your Dragon

"Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that does not make you who you are." -soothsayer, Kung Fu Panda 2

SephieSummerdream

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 pm
"Successful individuals go into the world with two thoughts, the world can be a better place and they can take part in making it so" ~Unconfirmed but I sincerely wish I knew who said this so I can say I look up to that man or woman

"A dog will die, a wife will divorce, memories of happiers days will leave in time and even your shadow flees when the darkness comes, there is no protection from the dark as you are completely and utterly alone it is the only legitimate fear." ~Myself to justify my fear of the dark while lacking any other true phobia.

The first one is the only one I live by other than the age old 'do unto others as you'd wish they'd do unto you' the other one I just like thinking about deep thoughts.

EDIT: "But why not take a chance everything's a game" -Offspring, Hit That. One of the quotes I say to myself to do something my skittish personality refuses.

"I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately succeed than to succeed in a cause that will ultimately fail" -Unknown will edit (again) when I find the author  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm
"never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."
This can apply to so many situations and i really like it. It motivates me to do stuff i doubted myself on doing.  

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

Mockingjay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:28 pm
"Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:59 am
"It is at times like these that an honourable man must stand by his future king, fight, and die for him. Thankfully, i am not an honourable man."-Blackadder  

White Tiger Akutare

TessaEcho

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:12 pm
It is better to live on your feet than to die on your knees. - Emiliano Zapata

That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I have a list of favorites somewhere, but I can't find it. Oh, I remember another one.

The little girl saw her first troop parade and asked, "What are those?"
"Soldiers."
"What are soldiers?"
"They are for war. They fight and each tries to kill as many of the other side as they can."
The girl held still and studied. "Do you know . . . I know something."
"Yes, what is it you know?"
"Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come." - Carl Sandburg  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out