Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Whats the "problem" with gays? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sakura538

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:46 am
I respect what everyone has said about how people shouldn't judge other people. I mean my best friend is homosexual but you can't change people's minds. If they want to hate gays then let them hate because you can't change someone, just like women can't change men(had to throw that in there wink ) anyway, i don't think homosexuals should be forced by society to change their feelings for the same sex yet i also don't think "gay haters" should be discriminated by gays and "gay followers". Everyone has a right to express their opinions and even though i may not agree with some- in protection of my friend's sexuality- i allow their opinions to be expressed. a lot of people are afraid of gay people or at least uncomfortable around them. i am a little uncomfortable around lesbians to be truthful but i have realized that just because they're gay doesn't mean they're going to hit on you. i have a lot of bi friends both girls and guys and they are very nice people(although many people think they are twisted twisted <
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:18 pm
He'll always be my

Yeah, what's the world's problem?
Haha ^^;
Society is messed up sometimes.
I mean, these people don't choose to be gay/lesbian/bi
that's just who they are.
They are free to love who they love,
and once that's taken away what is the point of calling this a free country? (the US)

I love my homosexual friends <3
(And I have alot)

lauray-chan
I'm a Christian so I don't believe in what they do, but I don't think we should torture them like in the Inquisition. People are people so they deserved to be treated as such and not otherwise.

One of my lesbian friends is Christian :/

I know many people bring their religion into it when discussing homosexuality as a negative thing,
but doesn't God love everyone equally? Why would this exclude homosexuals?

S u p e r h e r o <3

Sarallelogram

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:30 pm
Spazmatic, please try to keep all of your thoughts in one post, it makes things easier.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:31 pm
Jhesy
I think I throw people off a little bit, because I'm a Christian lesbian. I also believe in evolution as well as the Bible, so maybe it's just me. I think sometimes people miss the point of what the New Testament tells us.

Actual Conversation with My Friend:
"Someday when I rule the world I'm going to put all the gays on an island and nuke it in the name of God."
"Uh, so what about that part that says to love your fellow man and accept them as God accepts us?"
"Oh, I skipped that part."
" stressed Dude. You can't skip that part, it's the whole reason they wrote the book! It's the last freakin' half of it!"

I believe in God. I also love a woman. I'd love that woman even if she were born a man, because her spirit is what I'm attracted to. If God didn't want me to love her, why would He bring her into my life and let her do so much good?

I think part of the challenge with loving our fellow man and accepting them as God accepts us is that it's an open-ended rule. How do you love? Are you loving someone when you "save" them from their own sexuality or gender crisis? Are you loving them by "cooperating with their sickness" when you accept or even support them? Are you loving them for the good that they do regardless of who they choose to be or who they can't help but be? Are you loving them unconditionally?

There are many ways to love, some more socially acceptable than others. But there is only one way to interpret a message saying that something is forbidden. It is easier to do not than to do.

I'm Christian myself, and I also happen to belong to one of those highly stigmatised groups being discussed here. I don't feel any inner moral conflict, nor do I feel a need to meet with homophobic and transphobic people to set them straight in a most unkindly manner.

I simply accept that people are different. Some of them by choice, others by necessity. Free will is sanctioned by God. Creation is God's own work. It's not my place to tell anyone what they absolutely must not do, and not my place to judge what God chooses to create. With that said, I do hold my own beliefs, but I think it's very bad form to force them upon everyone else just because.

Deciare

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:23 pm
Then just edit your original post, so we don't see half a dozen posts by the same person in a row. It doesn't take but a couple seconds longer, if that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:34 pm
I got no problems with homosexuals. As long as the gay guys don't hit on me then I'm fine.  

Makius

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:22 pm
You know what I find weird is that I have friends that are gay and know one has ever called them gay not once but I have friends that are straight who get called gay all the time. whats with that! and whats more I don't get why people find enjoyment in makeing a big deal about it why can't gay people just be themselfs I thinkthat some people need to just get over the fact that not every one is the same and thats life! I got called gay because I sit with my best friend and her other best friend on the bus and I thinkit's funny haow people could acsuse some one of something thats so wrong and when they meet some who is that they don't know!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:17 pm
I'm all for it although maybe I'm biased because I am bi, but seriously there are just times when you just look at a guy and say wow he's hot and others you look at a girl and say she's so beautiful. It's all about attraction sometimes your attracted to one sometimes the other. So yeah its just something that naturally happens there's no real reason otherwise we are the way we are just because.  

Dark_EdgeXI

6,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sarallelogram

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:30 am
dboyzero
Then just edit your original post, so we don't see half a dozen posts by the same person in a row. It doesn't take but a couple seconds longer, if that.

He'll always be my

There we go.
All better?

S u p e r h e r o <3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:57 pm
I'm bisexual and the first time I told my mom,I was 16 years old and she was actually quite cool with it,as is my now current boyfriend although I am not surprised at all by it....Anywho,it really does shock me how stupid some people can be,there's no reason to be afraid of gay/lesbian/bi love or to dis it. I mean,I find it completely screwed up that gay marriage has been banned for one thing,because if we ban marriage between gays,lesbians etc. then we might as well ban marriage all together because a piece of freaking paper shoudn't be able to say who I can or can't love and society doesn't really have any buisness in it either.  

A Devil In Disguise

2,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250

AnonymousPink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:42 am
The reason why ppl are against it is because it cannot develop children.
Gay/lesbians cannot reproduce and if the world was full of them, there would be no more ppl on this planet.
Ya ,sure but they can adopt can't they?
Yes, they can adopt, but imagine you are a little straight child. How weird will it be growing up in a house with no man/woman in the family? And the child will be made fun of in school, and thats embarassing from them.
Why will people be made fun of? why can't people just accept the fact?
That leads to my first statement. gay/lezzes can't reproduce, and if the world was full of gay/lezzes, that would be the end of the human race. We weren't meant to exist for only one generation or just come to a complete end because ppl are gay/lesbian. If we do come to an end, it should be of some weird nature thing. A plague, GiANT tsunami/tornado/hurricane/meteors and stuff like that.

However, I am not quite against gay ppl. And they should be respected, but thats the way the world works.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:24 pm
I love gay people, they are just so fun to be around. I think people have a problem with it, because when you have a minority, the minority usually keeps to itself. Now we have Pride, which is a fantastic thing, because you should totally be proud of who you are. We have television shows, clothing lines etc. That might be a bit too much for those old folkies who think girls that wear skirts above the knee is disgusting.

People see only the bad things about gay people, the sex, drugs, HIV etc. and then they don't bother to look at the good.

And if you are going to feed me ANYTHING about the bible and how it is wrong to be gay, just stop. Leaf through Leviticus for a minute. If you eat shell-fish, shrimp, clams etc. that is also WRONG because the bible SAYS SO.

R i o k u

Witty Inquisitor

10,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers