Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:30 pm
shadowmartyn
General Overall Deception
i will ay this only once, there is no god, the whole concept is a paradox and even if ppl says that thats "god's power" its just a matter of believes....

the whole concept of god must to be analized and we must take the best of the gnosis that the human have get so far about the subject.

if You do not know what am i talking about and wanna learn more about Destiny pm me wink

there my friend you are wrong and unwise...there is a god, the father of Jesus Christ from what we know as the Holy Bible or the Word of God, there for there is a God know as God.
Do you know the differeance between all other gods like budda and Jesus Christ? There are no remains of Jesus because he did indeed rise from the dead and when up to heaven to be back with his father. All the other so-called gods have left behind remains which just proves they where meer humans like us.

But my friends I don't know where God came from because he was there before time existed and there for there was nothing and God, but God wanted someone to talk to and to follow him so he made man and created him of his own image.

If you do not believe me then where did Christmas and Easter come from? Jesus was born on or near the date of Christmas hint the name so there for if Jesus was not born there would be no Christmas. Easter came from the resserection of Jesus Christ so there for if he did not die he cannot ressurect, and he cannot die if he was at first born.

Jesus died for your sins so that you would not go to hell! There is no big party in hell, just suffering alone. God does not send you to hell, you send YOURSELF to hell for not accepting that Jesus died for you!

Life is full of choices... but eternity has two.

there is no proof either way. and to tell you the truth, christianity took the date for jesus' birthday from the ancient pagan winter solstice holiday, also called Yule. it was to celebrate the birth of the sun god. the christmas tree is a remnant of the pagan tradition of placing an offering to the gods on the tree in return for a prosperous year. and even experts say that jesus was not born in the winter, but more likely the spring. and easter is derrived from eostre, a pagan fertility goddess who's symbols were the egg and the rabbit.

and just because the bible (or a priest, or a reverand, or minister, or your own parents) says what it contains is true does not mean that it is. there are thousands of deities that people worship, both in the ancient days and now. and none of them are any more or less valid than the other. and just because religious holidays exist, does not mean that the mythology they are celebrating is truth.

with truth, one does not need faith. and all religion is based on faith.. not fact.

I believe man created the gods in his own image and likeness (and even other images and likenesses such as the ancient egyptians had) in order to try to understand life and the world around around him from a point of view that made some kinda sense to him. and since we are imperfect, it is because of that, that there can be no perfect gods.

if you want to know more about all of this, then pm me smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:16 pm
The concept of perfection, IMHO, is impossable. Because perfection in itself creates an impossable paradox. You see...awknolweging oneself as better then others is a sin - vanity. However, were a being to be perfect, refusing to admit this supperiority would also be a sin - deciet of oneself.  

FriendlyFangirl88

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:42 pm
[Kegan]
The most "perfect" thing in the universe, the sum of all parts. and why we must attach our own opinions and morals to such a thing. I have made a topic, see, I'm no good.

The only perfection is that which has been made perfect and never deviates from that perfection.

Stasis, complete lack of change.

If God made everyone in His image, there is no way he's perfect.

In fact, by moving, talking, communicating, and acting, God changes, and is therefore, not perfect.

A "perfect God" would have to be completely stationary and never change at all. Therefore it would have been unable to create the universe in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:04 am
Calypsophia

there is no proof either way. and to tell you the truth, christianity took the date for jesus' birthday from the ancient pagan winter solstice holiday, also called Yule. it was to celebrate the birth of the sun god. the christmas tree is a remnant of the pagan tradition of placing an offering to the gods on the tree in return for a prosperous year. and even experts say that jesus was not born in the winter, but more likely the spring. and easter is derrived from eostre, a pagan fertility goddess who's symbols were the egg and the rabbit.

and just because the bible (or a priest, or a reverand, or minister, or your own parents) says what it contains is true does not mean that it is. there are thousands of deities that people worship, both in the ancient days and now. and none of them are any more or less valid than the other. and just because religious holidays exist, does not mean that the mythology they are celebrating is truth.

with truth, one does not need faith. and all religion is based on faith.. not fact.

I believe man created the gods in his own image and likeness (and even other images and likenesses such as the ancient egyptians had) in order to try to understand life and the world around around him from a point of view that made some kinda sense to him. and since we are imperfect, it is because of that, that there can be no perfect gods.

You are correct in your assertion that Christianity took the dates for the days we celebrate Jesus's birth and resurrection from pagan holidays. Remember though that these days were chosen many years after the actual event. Never in the Bible does it say the day Jesus was born. So the roman Catholic Church chose those days as a compromise so that the pagans would not have to give up their holidays. Humans chose those dates for a sinful reason. However, there is one thing you can't deny. The birth of Christ split the calender in half.

Yes to believe in anything at all requires faith. It requires faith to believe in fact as well (you have to have some faith that this fact is not being misrepresented). Something requires faith and then faith is strengthened by observation and experimental and historical evidence.
Thank you,
Benjamin  

Card_King1

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:30 pm
Card_King1
Calypsophia

You are correct in your assertion that Christianity took the dates for the days we celebrate Jesus's birth and resurrection from pagan holidays. Remember though that these days were chosen many years after the actual event. Never in the Bible does it say the day Jesus was born. So the roman Catholic Church chose those days as a compromise so that the pagans would not have to give up their holidays. Humans chose those dates for a sinful reason. However, there is one thing you can't deny. The birth of Christ split the calender in half.

Yes to believe in anything at all requires faith. It requires faith to believe in fact as well (you have to have some faith that this fact is not being misrepresented). Something requires faith and then faith is strengthened by observation and experimental and historical evidence.
Thank you,
Benjamin

as I said to you in another thread, it's very easy for someone who is already dedicated or schooled in a particular faith.. who wants to believe what they're taught, to find validation of it in anything... in their own myths, in nature, etc.

it is a fact, that if I pick up this laptop and let go with it in mid air, it will fall and likely break. that is the force we call gravity, and regardless what causes gravity, the end result will be the same. it is a fact that this gravity has laws, without adhering to these laws, a plane or a bird could not fly. it is a fact that without any catastrophic interference, the sun will rise tomorrow. I might have faith that our sun wont collide with another star, but that doesnt change the fact I just stated. I dont see how these facts can be misrepresented in anyway, and it doesnt take faith to know they are true.

but religion.. now that *depends* on faith.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:18 pm
I was meaning that you must have faith that someone is not trying to pull your leg or anything like that. I think you might of just contradicted yourself. you said that it doesn't take faith to believe in a fact. but when you dropped your computer you said that it would fall and break. You must have some degree of faith to believe that you computer will fall. If it didn't take faith then why do some people believe that you can wish it not to fall and it wont? (oversimplification but you know what I mean)

Do you understand what I meant?  

Card_King1

Je Suis La Vie

Liberal Millionaire

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:33 pm
If there is a perfect, all-powerful god out there, could he make a rock that was sooo big that even he couldnt lift??? eek  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:41 am
God (Netjer) is a Being of Balance, of Duality. Like nature itself, all things must be kept in balance. Even when those means don't seem right to us, like hurricanes and other natural disasters. We think of things in the here and now and how they apply to us. Netjer looks at things in the whole. However, Netjer does not control our actions. That is why we have free will. And Netjer takes on many Aspects to allow us to have a more personal relationship with Netjer (Much like Christianity's Trinity, except this came before that and there's alot more Aspects than Christianity's trio). It is not Netjer that isn't perfect, but it is we as humans that are imperfect, because we are still limited in our thinking, either because of our emotions, our personal beliefs, or feeling that science has the answer to everything. Alot of people think 'Well if God's perfect, why is there so much evil in this world?" Well here's some food for thought:
Food for Thought  

King Robert Silvermyst

hydaIV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:37 pm
Seferius Slyferin
Okay, I'm gonna ignore what you guys have said so far, and hopefully a new perspective will be opened, if not, then we will need more people.

There is no such thing as perfection, therefore no being is perfect. Humans alone of created gods to fit there needs and justify beliefs, saying that each god is perfect.. That is all I have to say at this time.

ok i agree with u. there is no one that is perfect. there is no such thing as perfection. everything will have a flaw in it somewhere. and every person has plenty of flaws.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff