Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What is “Love”? ...Yes I’m being serious.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
View Results

Heavenly Paradise

Beloved Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:58 pm
well ... just ... believe AND/OR stop thinkin' bout it ... it will find u soon enough ... or later...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:16 pm
Love is simply a word - a word with multiple meanings

As it has been stated - there are many different kinds of "Love"

I prefer the ideology of bonding with another person - because it goes far beyond the arbitrary hormonal overload and Physical attraction

It goes beyond physical attractiveness - to a deeper level

I found what you would like to term Romantic Love once - he died

I think I may have found it again, but only time will tell.

for a solid relationship - there needs to be more than attraction, there has to be mutual interest, be able to voice opinions even if they are different from your partners and your partner will listen, be able to talk to each other about anything at any time, have similar goals in life, and if your lucky a spiritual connection (what ever that means for your personal beliefs.

To be able to look into that other persons eyes and be able to see them like it is the first time - everytime. be apart of each other - to like one - fluid, where one ends the other begins.

Like the yin and the yang - or a circle - never ending - and always learning more about each other (and yes it is possible) - through the good times and bad to stand strong and side by side.

to never forget to smile, laugh together, share with each other...and never have to say you're sorry.

that is my idea of what you might call romantic love  

X_Khanna_X

.S.a.n.g.e.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:43 pm

I watched "What the Bleep Do We Know?!", which said that love for someone is really just an addiction to the feeling that they give you, and the emotion-hormones (I wasn't exactly sure what they were) that they induce you to release. Anyone can give you that feeling, so the person you love could change in a matter of days.

That kind of made me lose a little of my faith in love. DX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:02 am
I don't really know what is love. I think love make us happy and fill us with energy. And of course we want to be with our beloved ones as much as we can.  

bibortetu

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:47 pm
I don't know....
but I've felt it once...............  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:17 pm
Series of chemical reactions and gland activation in the brain brought about potential or existing mates.  

Realityfoible

Skyliner778

Dapper Noob

10,250 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:05 pm
from a strictly scientific point of View love is a chemical imbalance in the brain that has been passed on some how as kind of a failsafe on mating and in theory love can be created in a Pill or time release capsule but it seems that love has actually evolved into many other things into incomprehensible feelings

but that is not my standing in the matter in my opinion love is feeling a deep enough compassion for individuals to sacrifice your life for the safety of theirs  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:00 pm
.S.a.n.g.e.

I watched "What the Bleep Do We Know?!", which said that love for someone is really just an addiction to the feeling that they give you, and the emotion-hormones (I wasn't exactly sure what they were) that they induce you to release. Anyone can give you that feeling, so the person you love could change in a matter of days.

Yes it is. I have recently been married, I do not act as though I am an expert, but love really is being addicted to how a person makes you feel. Granted there are alot of people that make you feel good and happy, but the number is limited as to the people who will continnually make feel great, including friends, family, lovers, and spouses.  

super_nerd42

pam_pam

Interesting Grabber

9,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:47 pm
yes.."LOVE" is not a feeling...but it's what you do. People chose to love or not to love. Love comes and go. There's many ingrediants to form love. If someone care for you, it does not mean they love you. it's just confussing and complicated!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:57 pm
.S.a.n.g.e.

I dont think just anyone can give you that feeling. think of all the poor fools who are in love with someone and the love is not returned. I for one cant fall in love with someone because they feel they love me. no one knows why our hearts target one and not another. perhaps that should be the question. here's an example.. you work at a place and there are 3 hot guys (or girls.. whatever you like lol) as your co-workers and you're friends with all 3... lets say they all like you... but for SOME reason, your heart falls on one of them in particular. now all 3 might be equally good people and you obviously like them on some level since you're friends with them... then what is it about the one you want that makes you feel the way you do? if anyone could give you these feelings, you could conceivably fall for all of them, no?

there are also different types of love. the love a parent has for their child is different from the kind of love they feel for their spouse, just as it's a different kind of love one would have for their close friends.

but it's true, that people do change.. it's not a reason to lose faith in love. love is an emotion like all other emotions.. yet it is the most mysterious and most powerful emotional force on earth.  

Calypsophia

KHDSFSIRYTIYRTURJHFG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:53 pm
"true love" is not the product of hormones...thats how you can tell the difference. a crush or mere lust is however caused by hormones..you will know because you won't be thinking of makiing the person happy or full-filling their needs...you wil be undressing them with your eyes or have sexual dreams or thoughts about them. true love lasts forever and it involves everything from trust to sensativity...i can't speak from experiences because i'm only 15 but from what ive gathered from other peoples' situations the REAL love is never ending and has no limits or bounds  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:37 am
lov_me_4_me
"true love" is not the product of hormones...thats how you can tell the difference. a crush or mere lust is however caused by hormones..you will know because you won't be thinking of makiing the person happy or full-filling their needs...you wil be undressing them with your eyes or have sexual dreams or thoughts about them. true love lasts forever and it involves everything from trust to sensativity...i can't speak from experiences because i'm only 15 but from what ive gathered from other peoples' situations the REAL love is never ending and has no limits or bounds

nothing is never ending. life itself is a series of changes. all that starts, has a finish one way or another. some people are lucky enough to find someone, fall in love, and their love gets stronger everyday. but most others, even grown ups, find and lose love all the time. look at all the divorces out there. they're not all from lusty adolescents or 20 year olds. it's a matter of compatibility and what changes occur in the relationship and how both people deal with such changes, if they even can. if or when they cant deal with the changes in another, the feeling of love can taper off. but that doesnt mean that it wasnt REAL love to begin with.  

Calypsophia

FriendlyFangirl88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:50 am
You don't have to be loved in return to be deeply in love with someone. However, if they don't return your feelings, it can never even come close to the storybook idea of "true love"

...note, I am NOT dismissing the storybook idea of "true love". My dad and step-mom seriously have a romance from right out of a silly romance book. The only thing that would have been different had their romance been fictional would be that my dad would have gotten an awesome scene where he beat up her ex or something like that. Otherwise...perfect storybook romance. Complete true love. Because they loved eachother.

Being in love with someone dosen't necessarily mean you'll stay that way though. Another, more powerful love, that is returned, may come in and sweep all traces of the previous one away.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:25 pm
FriendlyFangirl88
You don't have to be loved in return to be deeply in love with someone. However, if they don't return your feelings, it can never even come close to the storybook idea of "true love"

...note, I am NOT dismissing the storybook idea of "true love". My dad and step-mom seriously have a romance from right out of a silly romance book. The only thing that would have been different had their romance been fictional would be that my dad would have gotten an awesome scene where he beat up her ex or something like that. Otherwise...perfect storybook romance. Complete true love. Because they loved eachother.

Being in love with someone dosen't necessarily mean you'll stay that way though. Another, more powerful love, that is returned, may come in and sweep all traces of the previous one away.

very very true. so many people make the mistake in thinking there is only one person for them... perhaps *meant* for them.. the elusive "soul mate". but in truth, tho we are monogamous creatures for the most part we are capable of falling in love many times in our lives with many different people. it's just that each time you fall in love, it's so fresh and so real you'd swear you never felt that way before.  

Calypsophia

silver_reaver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:10 am
The thing about "love" that I've noticed is that when someone thinks they have it, they'll try to never give it up.... It makes people greedy. It's a jealous emotion. Alot of people think that "love" has to be this intense emotion that you'll have from day 1, but I just call that infatuation, that or obsession. "Love" to me, is an overwhelming sense of calm. Something that makes you feel real and in place of another's heart.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff