Submit

Do you have a soul?
  Yes.
  No.
  Ask me after I've died.
View Results

nannerz_loves_you

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:08 pm
i believe in having a soul. i personally think that is where your morals lie and where you have a sense of right and wrong. i also think that your soul is where your personality comes from. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:49 pm
I believe that some part of my spiritual self may survive after physical death. but there's possibility of there being nothing. my feeling, tho is that there is something after this life. whether that's the spirit, the soul, or both.  

Calypsophia

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:03 pm
I'd say yes but then again I'm a firm believer in re-incarnation.*is too tired and unbearably warm so his brain has refused to work for awhile*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:14 pm
idea of what a soul is can be found in all major cultures from this time to beyond it. Early man was the first to put out the idea that man did have something beyond death by burying his dead into the ground.  

Sinmodonly

blixztml

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:47 pm
maybe you are Right but think of it..... for a while.......
A soul is an imaginary explanation about how man exist and what man is... it is just a notion without a proof... ^^ but if you would not believe that, you might think what makes man move.... and by the way, even if you move everything, i would say the soul is still existing their coz... the soul is not justifiably can be destroyed by destroying the body cry confused lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:17 am
ahh but the soul supposedly goes on. there is actually a difference between the spirit and soul. I had to read up on it because the 2 confuse me. the 'spirit' is said to be the piece of the divine that is found in all living things. the soul is supposed to be where our individual personalities come from and that it is the astral body that our physical bodies are modeled after. I dont know that I believe in a separate 'spirit' and 'soul'. I believe we all do have that divine spark, but I dont know that our personalities exist separately. or, what people concieve of as 2 spiritual entities perhaps is just one entity with 2 aspects to it.  

Calypsophia

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:36 am
Of course people have souls, it is even possible to put souls into various things like music and other arts.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:23 pm
well.. the word 'soul' has more than one meaning. and one of the definitions is "A strong, deeply felt emotion conveyed by a speaker, a performer, or an artist. "

2 totally separate 'souls' smile  

Calypsophia

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:37 am
lilraine
well.. the word 'soul' has more than one meaning. and one of the definitions is "A strong, deeply felt emotion conveyed by a speaker, a performer, or an artist. "

2 totally separate 'souls' smile

But I don't do differences, because I don't believe in souls in common sense. The soul is defined by your deeds. For example, if we have a philanthrope kissing babies and feeding bums, everyone will say he's a good soul. But if we take a misanthrope, punching babies and cheating bums, everyone will say he's a soulless monster.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:40 pm
No, I do not have a soul. If you took away all of my body parts, I'd be dead. I would cease to exist.  

squarecircle

FriendlyFangirl88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:28 pm
Azrael Harbinger
Do you believe you have a soul? Most people believe they have souls, even if they don't THINK they believe - it's an interesting phenomena.

If we were face to face, this is where I would tell you to close your eyes, but as you have to read this -

Imagine: You are standing in the middle of a room.

I take away your right hand.

I take away your left foot.

Now I remove your ears.

Snip, no right leg.

Crack, now you're missing your right arm.

Everything below your waist is now gone.

Next I take your left arm and shoulder.

Now I've removed everything below the neck.

This is when I stopped existing. Because now, the distruction to my body will no longer sustain life. My head is no longer attached to my body, something known as decapatation. This, death, removes the soul from the body. My body is no longer "me".

And now I've taken your head.

--Do you still exist? Somewhere along that chain, did something go 'poof' and remain as YOU?

You see...in most mythologies the "soul" is directly connected to the ability to breathe. Therefore, lack of breath = lack of souls.

Since the discovery of techniques such as CPR, near-death experences are more frequent, as when breathing stops alltogether, the soul leaves the body. Sometimes this experence of the soul leaving the body is remembered, other times it's blocked from meory.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:59 pm
Azrael Harbinger

Next I take your left arm and shoulder.
Now I've removed everything below the neck.
And now I've taken your head.

--Do you still exist? Somewhere along that chain, did something go 'poof' and remain as YOU?

Hum... You took my head off and you're asking if I still exist? xd

And yes... all people have a soul... but most of them have no life lol  

Alegna Airam

Your Random Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:46 pm
Personally after you took my hand I would have ran...but of course something of me would be left, I believe my spirit would be floating away towards heaven.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Out of body experiences- consciusness outside of the body.

Catatonic--perfectly functioning corpse, but lacking ability to respond in any way.

Amputees--describe a sensation of still having a limb when it is no longer there. (can be just trick of the mind, but seems too powerful to be)

I am pretty sure souls exist. Arguing that because they cannot be seen, tasted, touched, smelled, or heard leaves out the possibility of other senses that humans can never experience as we physically cannot interpret them.  

Wolf Berserker

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:53 pm
Wolf Berserker
Out of body experiences- consciusness outside of the body.

Catatonic--perfectly functioning corpse, but lacking ability to respond in any way.

Amputees--describe a sensation of still having a limb when it is no longer there. (can be just trick of the mind, but seems too powerful to be)

I am pretty sure souls exist. Arguing that because they cannot be seen, tasted, touched, smelled, or heard leaves out the possibility of other senses that humans can never experience as we physically cannot interpret them.

all of that are of the brain. did you know that out of body experiences (including the white light) can be instigated by hooking a living persons brain up to electrodes and stimulating the proper brain centers? how do we know this experience isnt just a natural part of the process of dying when the brain begins to shut down but before it does?

I think if there is a soul, then all living beings have one, not just humans. and it's very possible that the brain is our souls physical link to the material world.. like a radio.. letting the radio waves come thru. but it's also possible that it's all just a brain process and once the brain goes dead there's nothing left. there's no telling really until you die. personally I would like to think that some part of myself continues on after physical death.. something like a soul.. but I couldnt honestly say I 100% believe in it.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff